Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
Rapid camp control panel

I downloaded the RC manual. It talks about a control panel. I’m not near the RV now and don’t recall seeing anything that looks like the pictures. Where should I be looking? Basement? Under or behind something?

The RV is a 2017 Thor Outlaw 38RE.

Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:11 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
My Rapid Camp system is controlled by a hand held remote. It is stored in a clip attached to the side of the cubby over the entrance door (where the key and switch for the overhead bunk are also located). The charger for the remote came in the black Thor bag with all the manuals, touch-up paint, slide lock,etc. The Rapid Camp's actual receiver and relays are located in the left forward corner of the electrical center under the bed.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:02 PM   #3

Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
My Rapid Camp system is controlled by a hand held remote. It is stored in a clip attached to the side of the cubby over the entrance door (where the key and switch for the overhead bunk are also located). The charger for the remote came in the black Thor bag with all the manuals, touch-up paint, slide lock,etc. The Rapid Camp's actual receiver and relays are located in the left forward corner of the electrical center under the bed.
Thank you!
Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:19 PM   #4

Model: Quantum WS31
THOR #18253
I lost my remote so ordered new one and received and box full of a board with relays , fuses, a lot of wiring and a new remote. Where does this new panel go? I guess with changing remote it has to have everything new.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:14 PM   #5

THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywkender View Post
I lost my remote so ordered new one and received and box full of a board with relays , fuses, a lot of wiring and a new remote. Where does this new panel go? I guess with changing remote it has to have everything new.
I would assume your old circuit board is incompatible with the new remote. LCI seems to change models every year or two. As for where does the circuit board go - your circuit board is probably under the bed. Anyway your old Rapid Camp circuit board will be close to the power center (the place with most of the 12 volt fuses and the 120 volt circuit breakers).
Old 03-19-2020, 02:21 PM   #6

Model: Outlaw 38RE
THOR #2145
In our 38RE, the control unit is under the mattress in the compartment that holds the converter and electrical panels... Mine is located all the way to the rear of the compartment... I thought mine was bad and all most bought a replacement unit... turned out it was a bad connection in the wiring...
2016 Outlaw Josey Wales 38RE #2630
FMCA F455018
crey0517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:19 AM   #7

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: North Carolina
THOR #16745
My question is somewhat related to this post. How do you get the rapid camp+ to download on your phone or tablet? Is it a separate app or is it in something else? We just got our 2020 Vegas this past week so we are in the early learning stage. Thanks
Old 03-28-2020, 02:19 PM   #8

THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWeems View Post
My question is somewhat related to this post. How do you get the rapid camp+ to download on your phone or tablet? Is it a separate app or is it in something else? We just got our 2020 Vegas this past week so we are in the early learning stage. Thanks
This would require application software from LCI. To my knowledge there is none available.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:32 PM   #9

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Tennessee
THOR #5918
Rapid Camp

I have a 2016 Windsport 31S and have just now had a use for the Rapid Camp! Mine shows that I need to input a PIN # and for the life of me, I don't know what it may be. The salesman showed us how to use the thing when we took possession of it, but I don't remember a PIN. I tried my usual PIN, without success. I've not been able to access on the THOR website, so I'm trying the "users". I'd like to set my PIN, so I could use the thing, but I find no information in the coach. I tried the RapidCamp website and it appears to be available for sale! I wonder why??? I have not seen anything that appears to be a charger for the remote device either. Suggestions Please.
BWare
Old 03-28-2020, 10:02 PM   #10

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Ohio
THOR #989
Try 0000 for the pin. Seems that is the one that our grand daughter used to get ours working. We also didn't get a charger so I tried a cell phone charger and that seems to work ok. We too got no info on this system when we bought our coach. We rarely use it as we find the wired controls work just fine.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:56 PM   #11

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Tennessee
THOR #5918
Rapid Camp

Thanks. I tried the 0000 as a pin and it works. I didn't remember that during our "run through" in 2016.
BWare
Old 03-04-2022, 03:55 AM   #12

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: California
THOR #26100
Mine was 0000 also. I am glad I saw this post.
I've seen some people control their overhead bunk with the RapidCamp remote as well. Do you know if there is a way to program that to work with it as the control for the bed is high up in the front cabinet and even me being almost 6' it's hard to reach it.
Old 03-04-2022, 03:32 PM   #13

THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdntblu View Post
Mine was 0000 also. I am glad I saw this post.
I've seen some people control their overhead bunk with the RapidCamp remote as well. Do you know if there is a way to program that to work with it as the control for the bed is high up in the front cabinet and even me being almost 6' it's hard to reach it.
There were four different Rapid camp modules available from LCI in 2016. The receiver and main circuit board are under the bed. The basic board is what plant 750 (ACE, Freedon Traveler, Hurricane, Windsport) used. Plant 850 (Outlaw, Challanger, Miramar) used the larger circuit board than includes extra functions. The basic board includes patio awning and awning lights, generator start, slide movement and door light. The larger board includes bunk operation and leveler control. I do not know what system was used by Plant 850 on the diesel coaches. Your coach can be refitted, but it would require a new board and significant rewiring.
Old 03-04-2022, 04:05 PM   #14

THOR #26100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
There were four different Rapid camp modules available from LCI in 2016. The receiver and main circuit board are under the bed. The basic board is what plant 750 (ACE, Freedon Traveler, Hurricane, Windsport) used. Plant 850 (Outlaw, Challanger, Miramar) used the larger circuit board than includes extra functions. The basic board includes patio awning and awning lights, generator start, slide movement and door light. The larger board includes bunk operation and leveler control. I do not know what system was used by Plant 850 on the diesel coaches. Your coach can be refitted, but it would require a new board and significant rewiring.
My Hurricane has leveler as well as awning, slides, generator, awning and awning light. So if I have leveler does that mean I have Plant 850 one?
Old 03-04-2022, 04:12 PM   #15

THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdntblu View Post
My Hurricane has leveler as well as awning, slides, generator, awning and awning light. So if I have leveler does that mean I have Plant 850 one?
No. It means the dealer checked the $200 option to have different wiring harness and module installed at plant 750. It is the same with insulated glass. It is an option on plant 750 coaches but standard on some plant 850 coaches. There were over 30 options on the available on 2016 Winsports/Hurricanes. Not all options were listed in the promotional literature. You had to see a coach order form at the dealers to see what was really available. Some option were added and deleted during the production year, such as the 50 amp/2 A/C option available for 31 ft and shorter plant 750 coaches built after 01/01/2016.
Old 03-05-2022, 04:19 AM   #16

THOR #26100
Not sure if it makes any difference but my coach is 2018.

Tags
rapid camp