Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-23-2021, 08:24 PM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
On my current rig I had a couple spots flaking on the couch. Contacted the manufacturer and they sent a tech to the house. Flaking spots were repaired and no issues since.

BTW, most interior environmental packages sold by dealers cover those flaking issues for 5 or 7 years.

Old 03-24-2021, 10:19 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Louisiana
THOR #6600
When I contacted Thor on the flaking issue initially 3 years ago, I would have more than welcomed information or direction regarding the “furniture manufacturers” contact info and warranty. And would have pursued a claim against that. However the only response provided was that there was no remedy they could provide as the coach warranty was expired. When I purchased the unit new, there was plenty of component level docs and warranty provided for various parts such as A/C, fridge, etc, but nothing for the furniture or fabric. Regardless of who made it, it’s important for folks looking at investing in an RV to be aware that this issue does exist and can confront it ahead of time instead of being stuck with it. For us it’s been covers and throws for past several years, now we are replacing.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:38 PM   #23

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
The other useful thing is to examine your upholstery closely before your coach warranty expires. If you see any signs of deterioration at all get your complaint on record and keep after it. Mine (SOB) began to flake in 9 months and is being replaced under warranty although it isn’t going to actually happen until a full year after I reported it. The deterioration was slight when I started but it is accelerating rapidly.
Old 03-26-2021, 12:44 AM   #24

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
My 2014 27K same problem. I have tried 2 different seat covers, these from home depot online fit great. https://www.homedepot.com/p/RV-Seat-...C795/308068498

last pic old covers not fit. People got stuck with this, and the jack problem. Trade every 3 years? LOL!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210323_132334[1].jpg
Views:	105
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	29364   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210323_132349[1].jpg
Views:	100
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	29365  

Name:	20201210_122614.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	29366  
Old 03-26-2021, 05:36 PM   #25

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Exactly
Read the other forums

For the record mine looks new at 5 years and has been treated with 303 regularly

Also had a Westie on all the seating
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
It’s not Thor furniture. Thor did not manufacture that furniture and the warranty was through the furniture manufacturer.

Please stop misleading folks by saying it is Thor furniture.

Crappy, yes. Thor, no. Channel the complaints where they belong and maybe something will be done.

BTW, leatherette desk chairs also deteriorate after a short time in use and many of them are made by the same company.
Old 03-26-2021, 08:25 PM   #26

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Hi can I use 303 on the dash with no residue or problems
And can I use on the exterior paint as someone suggested??
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20210326-142359_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	29382  
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:31 PM   #27

THOR #20220
Help will it help my exterior?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210326_143001.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	29383  
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 03-26-2021, 09:05 PM   #28

Model: Vegas 25.5 / Keystone Mon
State: Arkansas
THOR #20441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Hi can I use 303 on the dash with no residue or problems
And can I use on the exterior paint as someone suggested??
https://www.amazon.com/Protect-All-6...84238419&psc=1

Use this on the exterior our 2018 Keystone Montana and our 2019 Vegas. Very easy to use and I have been very pleased. We used 303 on our boat vinyl seating which seemed to condition and protect the vinyl well. You can ask 10 people and get 10 different responses. I personally would 303 my dash and Protectall my fiberglass.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:45 PM   #29

THOR #20220
Thanks
Old 03-26-2021, 10:11 PM   #30

THOR #20441
And I will add, the Protectall is very easy to work with. RV/5th Wheel gets washed and dried. Gallon Protectall has been transferred to a basic hand spray bottle. Go around spray wherever / everywhere come back over with a clean cloth. Can get it on chrome, decals, plastic, fiberglass, rubber and easily wipes / lightly buffs into an invisible shield. Nice gloss finish with smooth protected surface. Sometimes overspray of conditioners / protectant cause a ton of extra work and frustration, not the cade. I highly recommend a try.
Quote:
Old 03-27-2021, 02:26 AM   #31

THOR #20220
Great excellent vegas 25.5...you mean 25.6?
Old 03-27-2021, 03:48 AM   #32

THOR #20441
25.5!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubawise View Post
great excellent vegas 25.5...you mean 25.6?

Name:	2018_ThorMotorCoach_Vegas_255.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	29387
Old 03-27-2021, 11:59 AM   #33
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
I'm not sure about your exterior; but it won't hurt your RV...
Old 03-27-2021, 03:08 PM   #34

THOR #6903
There are several excellent Aerospace products

I get 303 by the gallon and use it on multiple surfaces including tires, trim, and interior plus lawn furniture

Detailer or speed wax works easier on the interior or ceramic has been my recent go to

All Aerospace products

303 doesn't contain silicon which makes it very versatile
Old 03-27-2021, 03:56 PM   #35

THOR #20220
Thx all. Got both and spray bottles from Amazon

Do you need to wash the rig first for the all PROTECT ALL?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20210326-154030_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	29391  
Old 03-27-2021, 06:28 PM   #36

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
The Legal Rub on Crappy Furniture

Did you get nailed with junk furniture covering in your RV? You know that garbage that peels and flakes off the seats and sofas a few years after you buy it? Here is what to do.

Carefully read and research everything your selling dealer advertised about your coach. (their website, internet, newspaper wherever) Then carefully read everything everywhere that the manufactured ever posted or advertised everywhere about you particular model and year. All you need to find is one time where either of them listed the furniture as "leather". If you find they did that "Bingo" you're a winner. Just follow these easy steps to remedy the problem.

1. Contact the dealer or Mfg who advertised it as leather, ask for replacement at their cost, they will say no. Record date, time and who you spoke with then take plenty of quality photos of the deteriortating covering. Save some shedding in a small Ziplock if you can..

2. Find a good upholstery company in your area and have them reupholster your problem furniture in quality leather and pay them. Get receipts.

3. Sue them in small claims court. You will get your reupholster money back and whatever court filing fees as well.

This of course only works if you find a published ad where they said it was leather. If you don't find that then it's all on you. Remember the "Plether" jackets in the 1970's for the cheap guys that couldn't afford real leather jackets? This leatherette garbage is the same thing.

Don't get mad. Sue em!
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 06:47 PM   #37

THOR #6903
Only a handful of high end coaches ever had top grain cowhide furniture of any kind as originally sold.

All the others used Pleather which came from a couple manufacturers. I don't recall any ads there were misleading, it was mostly perception by the buyers.

Bonded leather is just a slight notch up from pleather.

Bad batches of pleather have been around for at least the last 10 years and seem to hit some furniture manufacturers worse than others.

All the RV furniture is made by RV factories and sold to the RV builders.

Many folks have tried suing and maybe a couple actually got something for their effort over many many years.
Old 03-27-2021, 06:52 PM   #38

Brand: Jayco
State: New York
THOR #19024
Fake leather flaking

I have a Jayco 2015 with the same problem the newer units went away from this crap. The problem is not RV company specific we all have been bitten by it. As someone said look at it as an opportunity to upgrade. There is a company called RecPro ( https://www.recpro.com/rv-furniture/) that has some pretty good replacement furniture and you can get it with a cloth covering as well.
Old 03-27-2021, 06:58 PM   #39
Ron

Model: Hurricane 31D
State: California
THOR #1675
We had the same thing happen with our Front Captain's chairs. Right now we just have seat covers from Amazon covering them but in the case of our Sofa/sleeper couch (It was not a jack knife but a fold out queen), My wife just hated the looks of it and the bed was super uncomfortable.

We found a love seat in the bargain basement of a RC Willy's so I yanked out the hide-a-bed and installed the love seat/recliner. It is a zero clearance type meaning it can be installed up against the wall and still recline.

We also had our dinette seats reupholstered at a local shop with marine grade vinyl. It is super tough.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2804.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	29395   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2808.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	29396  

Name:	IMG_2820.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	29397   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04332.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	29398  

Old 03-27-2021, 07:00 PM   #40

State: Virginia
THOR #18622
Rapid deterioration of fake leather

What’s the possibility of a class action lawsuit against Thor?
Any legal folks on here ?