Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2021, 12:02 PM   #61
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
No worthwhile discussion will change his mind.
I wish him the best of luck with his problems...

Old 03-28-2021, 02:03 PM   #62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Georgia
THOR #18370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronadoron View Post
After only moderate use of my 2016 Chateau Citation motor home, the paper thin coating of the fake leather on my hide-a-bed couch began rapidly flaking across both arms and the seating areas of the couch. The product is obviously cheap and of poor quality. To make matters worse it would almost be impossible to replace because it is part of the entire fabric covering associated with the hide-a-bed. Very disappointing. After contacting the company and advising them, they told me there was no relief, the product was out of warrant.New buyers...BEWARE! Cheap, Cheap, Cheap!
YEP! The recliners on my 2018 Thor Miramar pelled off like crazy! We had little pieces all over the floor for MONTHS! No Warranty of any kind! We ended up replacing with new chairs from Shop4Seats - $1500 ! Now just hoping that the rest of our seating areas don't start flaking!!
Old 03-29-2021, 01:05 AM   #63

State: Florida
THOR #6333
[emoji38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Nobody wants to admit they were stupid and spent $100,000-$200,000-$300,000 or more on a poorly built pile of sh*t. So my Thor RV is just great. Every few months I get out the fire pit and throw some money in that too because we all know those darn fire pits are real cash burners. I’m glad I spent a god awful lot of money on my Thor RV. This way my kids won’t get the money.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:28 AM   #64

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
Scary it got so deep.. I thought it was duraflex fabric, but Flexsteel sold it. We know it is crap. 2019 Newmar is not a good thing for the rigs built in the last 8 years.. Kudos to Newmar for taking it on the chin.. Thor needs to be sued to recover from them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Right. It’s common among all brands and has been going on for at least 6 or 7 years. The manufacturers are doing it with full knowledge. In my case, my 2019 Newmar began peeling in fewer than 6,000 miles. Newmar has agreed to recover all of my furniture and only time will tell if they choose a better product this time. Flexsteel was a major supplier of the poor quality furniture but it was only in conjunction with what the manufacturers specified. Flexsteel is still in business but is no longer supplying the RV industry. Apparently though a number of Flexsteel’s former employees have formed their own company to make seats and they will be redoing mine (in October!). I have to suppose that they are not especially interested in getting the same reputation that their former employers have!
Old 03-29-2021, 02:34 AM   #65

THOR #970
We all got stuck with that and more.. Pretty hard haircut.. get back in that peeling seat and go somewhere and have fun, why you bought it. Your $2000 less equity.. ! these things were always going to be a money pit. But I will pursue Thor. RV makers are sold out, dealer inventory low, get them while they got cash!

Quote:
Nobody wants to admit they were stupid and spent $100,000-$200,000-$300,000 or more on a poorly built pile of sh*t. So my Thor RV is just great. Every few months I get out the fire pit and throw some money in that too because we all know those darn fire pits are real cash burners. I’m glad I spent a god awful lot of money on my Thor RV. This way my kids won’t get the money.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:38 AM   #66

Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by petef View Post
just wait.. the outside has an issue also... pic
De-lamination of exterior walls?
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 02:42 AM   #67

Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
You mean "My Cousin Vinny"?
OK Bob, your turn............
Vinny sent Guido to soften them up....................
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 02:54 AM   #68

THOR #970
If he softens the fabric anymore it will be dust..

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Vinny sent Guido to soften them up....................
Old 03-29-2021, 02:54 AM   #69

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
How do I know if I have this brand?
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 02:58 AM   #70

THOR #970
No, not yet, that is an Alfa RV SEE YA problem circa 2002-2009.. Thor, the decals after the $1500 treatment are rusting from the inside out a few years later.. how peculiar..

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
De-lamination of exterior walls?
Old 03-29-2021, 03:00 AM   #71

THOR #970
Real leather has high heat resistance. But Thor would not use real leather on a changeout.. Ask for the specs. Call the company who made the fabric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
How do I know if I have this brand?
Old 03-29-2021, 03:20 AM   #72

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
All the discussions surrounding Pleather have been on the various forums for years

The coaches with top grain leather will be perhaps 1% of the class A/C market

Certainly not good to have one peeling but you are one of many
Old 03-29-2021, 05:52 PM   #73

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncii View Post
Just curious then... Who owns and maintains the site?
I wondered the same thing a few years ago so I got really really nosey and looked into it. What I found out is the greatest interesting thing here of all. This site and several others just like it for different brands are run by a small company in San Francisco that have absolutely nothing to do with the RV industry and everything to do with earning cash from advertisers and manufacturers. They have no paid moderators of all these sites or commentators. The moderators are volunteers (although a very few may get a stipend) and no different than you and I except they are bored a bit more so they took the job. Most are RV owners but it is not a requirement.

This advertising company buys web address domains from GoDaddy (a supplier of web addresses) then installs these relatively simple blog sites on the web address. They then sell ad space to all the boxed advertising you see all over this website. Some just pay per month while others pay even more if you happen to click on them then still others pay a percentage of sales generated from the site. So in the end the company pays very little for a website blog and next to nothing to maintain it while raking in tens of thousands monthly. My guess is they also charge manufactures a fee to have access, I would. But those manufacturers have no ownership, authority on moderation ability here and cannot represent their company here. In the end we are all just talking to ourselves.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:36 AM   #74

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
The jack knife sofa in our Vegas started to shred a couple of years ago. Just committed to have it and both front seats redone at a local shop for $1500.
Old 04-24-2023, 10:39 PM   #75

State: California
THOR #9073
Horrible Upholstery in 2017 Aria 3901

We have just replaced our captain charis, theater seats, our sleeper sofa, and the entire dinette unit. All of this furniture started to peel, crack and leave flakes of vinyl all over the floor. This was a $6,000 reupholstery job. Part of my furniture was manufactured at the Villa International Furniture Inc, the other half was made by some other manaufacturer... I believe it was Williamsburg Co. Very disappointing.
Old 04-24-2023, 10:58 PM   #76

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
The jack knife sofa in our Vegas started to shred a couple of years ago. Just committed to have it and both front seats redone at a local shop for $1500.
We are also beginning to have issues with the sofa in our coach. We will be along the Texas/Mexico border this summer so I'll get them recovered down there and it will be enormously cheaper there.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 01:15 PM   #77
Ron

Model: Hurricane 31D
State: California
THOR #1675
Quote:
We are also beginning to have issues with the sofa in our coach. We will be along the Texas/Mexico border this summer so I'll get them recovered down there and it will be enormously cheaper there.
My wife, Ruby, and I replaced our jack-knife sofa bed with a love seat recliner we found in the bargain section of RC Willy. It is a zero clearance recliner (doesn't recline towards the wall) and fit perfectly. I had to take apart the old sofa bed to get it out of the coach and the new recliner had removable backs to help getting it into the motorhome.

Old sofa bed. It really didn't work as a bed because the bar going across the middle made it impossible to lay on.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2804.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	41694

The recliner we found

Name:	IMG_2799.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	41695

The new recliner had a convenient way to attach it to the floor.

Name:	Typical bottom of Loveseat.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	41696

Name:	DSC04304.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	41697
Old 06-02-2023, 11:56 PM   #78

THOR #29732
The seating in my 2014 Hyundai Elantra I owned for 6 years and 100,000 miles in the hot Florida sun was perfect when I sold it. And that is among the cheapest of vehicles.

The crap coach manufacturers allow as an excuse for furniture would dissuade any knowledgeable person from embarking on such a purchase.

What other systems and components do manufacturers not care about? Makes one wonder.

Has Thor upped their game yet, at least regarding their furniture coverings? If so, what year? Or does no one really know for sure?
Old 06-04-2023, 12:35 AM   #79

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfmucci View Post
The seating in my 2014 Hyundai Elantra I owned for 6 years and 100,000 miles in the hot Florida sun was perfect when I sold it. And that is among the cheapest of vehicles.

The crap coach manufacturers allow as an excuse for furniture would dissuade any knowledgeable person from embarking on such a purchase.

What other systems and components do manufacturers not care about? Makes one wonder.

Has Thor upped their game yet, at least regarding their furniture coverings? If so, what year? Or does no one really know for sure?
Ours still looks new
Old 06-04-2023, 12:47 AM   #80

THOR #29732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Ours still looks new
Sounds good. So there is hope.

What year and model is it and how long have you owned her?