Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2018, 09:40 PM   #41
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I'll bet that it feels like you're waiting for Christmas: in August!

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:55 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Louisiana
THOR #11627
I had a similar problem, I carried it
to a local dealer he tried 3 time to fix it. but never fixed it. I went to lowes and purchased a can of white sealer you see on tv and sealed every seal on top, no more problems. Got tired of taking it in and it sitting there for weeks at the time
Old 08-25-2018, 10:19 PM   #43
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Welcome to the Forum! It's good to see that you've already learned how much better you can fix your rig; than some Service Technician at the Dealership!
Congratulations!
Old 08-28-2018, 01:59 PM   #44

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Jury still out for me to believe that much water can come in under the overhead cap where it meets truck roof. I've watched this area on mine during rain at stand still as well as when driving in the rain. To me, it looks like most of the water than runs down the sides of the overhead cap actually drips off the edge without running all the way inward to the areas where the cap meets the top of truck roof. If it was parked with the nose down, it wold seem even moreso that the water would drip onto windshield. Even while running in rain, the wind seems to blow the water around this area as the top of the windshield never gets hit with rain. It will be interesting to see the end result and resolution.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 02:38 PM   #45

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Jury still out for me to believe that much water can come in under the overhead cap where it meets truck roof. I've watched this area on mine during rain at stand still as well as when driving in the rain. To me, it looks like most of the water than runs down the sides of the overhead cap actually drips off the edge without running all the way inward to the areas where the cap meets the top of truck roof. If it was parked with the nose down, it wold seem even moreso that the water would drip onto windshield. Even while running in rain, the wind seems to blow the water around this area as the top of the windshield never gets hit with rain. It will be interesting to see the end result and resolution.

Yep. I have concerns also. BUT, DW did see quite a bit of water running out of the holes in the seal between the cab roof and the vertical piece. And that was after we had driven forward and back a half dozen times or so. I think there is a low spot somewhere that caught the water and held it until the MH shifted just right for it to spill over. We see no signs of leakage in the overhead or bunk. The dealer said there was discoloration on the headliner but we could not see any. But we are getting a new headliner courtesy of Thor. Hope to hear something today.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:53 PM   #46
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
There's little doubt that water can always find a way to make your day more..... interesting!
Good luck with your repairs!
Old 08-28-2018, 03:07 PM   #47

THOR #2020
Just got off the phone with the repairing dealer. They found multiple leaks in the area between the cab and the cap. After they pulled down the headliner they took a flashlight and shined it into the cab from the outside. They found one spot under a piece of trim that was quite large. He believes that was where most of the water was coming in. Not sure exactly where it was located but he said he would show us tomorrow. The parts (headliner) is in. They have removed all of the old sealant and resealed. They will paint it today and put the new headliner in tomorrow and we should be good to pick it up tomorrow afternoon.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:18 PM   #48

THOR #11130
Great End Result!!! Kudos for Thor stepping up to the plate and the dealer for doing such a thorough job!! I think I'll tape up the windows on mine and spray the entire coach with Flex Seal!!!
Old 08-28-2018, 07:38 PM   #49
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I agree... glad to hear that this story will have a happy ending!
Old 08-29-2018, 02:39 PM   #50

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #11380
That's an impressive turn around time from discovery to recovery. If you'd told me that would happen in a matter of weeks, when you're dealing with a dealer and Thor, I wouldn't have believed you. I know you're anxious to get it on the road.

Here's wishes for many, many happy miles.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:50 PM   #51
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I agree...

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1535557838
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	its-a-christmas-miracle.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	12512  
Old 08-29-2018, 06:10 PM   #52

THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calman View Post
That's an impressive turn around time from discovery to recovery. If you'd told me that would happen in a matter of weeks, when you're dealing with a dealer and Thor, I wouldn't have believed you. I know you're anxious to get it on the road.

Here's wishes for many, many happy miles.
Especially since the deal involved is NOT the selling dealer. I have heard many horror stories about some dealers that won't even work on units that they don't sell. In this case, we dropped it off about 2:30 pm and they began working on it the very next day. I'm very pleased.
Not sure if forum rules allow for posting dealer names but if so, I would be happy to give this place a 5 star review.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:16 PM   #53
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Go ahead and tell us: good work should always be rewarded!

If the Moderators delete it: I'll be happy to take the blame!
Old 08-29-2018, 09:40 PM   #54

THOR #2020
The work was done by Travers STL RV in O’Fallon Missouri. Really great to deal with. The work was done at their body shop. I’ve not purchased an RV from them so can’t speak to the sales side but service side is great.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:10 PM   #55
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Kudos to them!!
Old 09-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #56

THOR #2020
Finally got out this weekend. We picked up the MH Wednesday night and left Thursday morning for a private campground (members only). Going to be there for a couple of weeks and then to a campout in Iowa. Only one small issue. The awning would not extend. First thing I thought of was a fuse. I pulled the fuse that listed as electric awning but didn't have a way to test it so replaced it with a new one. Still didn't work. I had noticed the fuse directly above the awning fuse was not installed correctly. Only one leg of the fuse was inserted. So, while I was thinking about what else to check I pulled that fuse and installed it correctly. And the awning worked. FYI, the fuse was labeled as Mascerator* (The * indicates "if installed" which it isn't) Wish all fixes were that easy. Finally took a couple of pictures of the unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-08-30 17.07.40.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	334.1 KB
ID:	12587   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-08-30 17.08.12.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	311.9 KB
ID:	12588  

Old 09-03-2018, 11:26 PM   #57

State: Alabama
THOR #9516
Nice looking rig. Happy travels.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:07 PM   #58

THOR #11130
If ever you have awning issues...make sure you didn't accidentally roll it in "backwards". It's a common mistake. When deploying, if you hold the button past "full out", it will start rolling back up over itself...then you need to use retract to make it go out. I've done this more than I care to admit.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:24 PM   #59

THOR #2020
Awning has stopped working again. Checked the fuse but it is good. And it is not rolled up backwards. Not sure where to look. Any suggestions?
Old 09-09-2018, 03:08 PM   #60

State: Virginia
THOR #12628
Outlaw Leaks

We purchased a 2018 Thor Outlaw in April and had several issues that we're not expected for a new RV. The big one was the windshield leaked significantly. We took it to get it repaired along with other items. All the cosmetic repairs were made and while they said everything was fixed, we quickly discovered on another road trip the backup camera still wasn't fixed and the windshield still leaks worse then before, and the generator door fell off making it inoperable due to overheating. In South Mississippi, it was not fun. Called to get things fixe and we were told we have to wait until October. We explained these are repairs that weren't fixed the first time so they are going to get it in at the end if September. This is crazy. When my husband told the service guy Thor should focus on quality assurance, the service guy actually said, "if they made them better, I'd be out of a job.". Isn't that what you want to hear after spending that kind of money. Good luck with your leak, we are still dealing with ours.