Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2019, 06:11 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Alaska
THOR #14573
I just bought new 2019 Thor Windsport 34J and couldn't agree more. Worst quality control I have ever experienced. Having regrets now...

Old 04-28-2019, 06:13 PM   #22

THOR #14573
Just experienced same thing in our 2019 Thor Windsport 34J purchased from CW. What was cause?
Old 04-28-2019, 06:55 PM   #23

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #9747
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubeGrpArchitek View Post
Just experienced same thing in our 2019 Thor Windsport 34J purchased from CW. What was cause?
The factory installed flush systems normally use a No Fuss Flush system which includes a vacuum breaker check valve. These are plumbed on the opposite side of the MH in the bathroom because the bathrooms are on the opposite side of the wet bay.
1st time I used mine this valve was installed incotrectly and put water on the bathroom floor and under the dinette. I have a 2018 Windsport 29M. Many others have had this issue. Sorry to say.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:33 PM   #24

THOR #14573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Ernie View Post
The factory installed flush systems normally use a No Fuss Flush system which includes a vacuum breaker check valve. These are plumbed on the opposite side of the MH in the bathroom because the bathrooms are on the opposite side of the wet bay.
1st time I used mine this valve was installed incotrectly and put water on the bathroom floor and under the dinette. I have a 2018 Windsport 29M. Many others have had this issue. Sorry to say.
Thanks for the info...will contact both CW (dealer) and Thor.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:39 PM   #25

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
Quote:
Originally Posted by cconnorrn View Post
I just used mine for the first time, and fresh water is coming out onto floor from the bathroom wall. I noticed also that when I disconnected the hose from the system, it still had some pressure in the line. Yes, my black water dump valve was open at the time. Some of the water was getting to the black tank, as it was draining down the sewer hose, but not much. Has anyone had this fixed and therefore knows if there is a common problem, and how to fix? (ACE 29.4)
I had this issue with no water getting into the tank. CW worked on it and said the vacuum breaker was stuck and preventing it from fiction. I think they did something else as well, but didn't admit to it. Check the vacuum breaker and make sure it's working.

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 11:27 PM   #26

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubeGrpArchitek View Post
I used saniflush in my new 2019 Thor Windsport 34J today for first time and flooded entire center of coach at bathroom because I was alone and outside and didn't realize it was happening. Unbelievable...Thor quality control is awful. Bought coach at CW in March, spent most of March and April sitting at dealership and picked up last week with only 3 of 15 warranty issues resolved and just added 4 more.
The exact same thing happened when I bought my 2018 Outlaw 29H last year the first time out. My vacuum valve was in the wall where the main control panel is located. They had to tear the wall apart to fix it.

My dealer was smart and created an access panel in case it ever fails in the future so the entire wall does not need to be torn apart to get to the plumbing. If your valve does not have easy access, you may want to ask them to create an access panel to get to it easier in the future.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:38 AM   #27

Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
State: California
THOR #7010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
The exact same thing happened when I bought my 2018 Outlaw 29H last year the first time out. My vacuum valve was in the wall where the main control panel is located. They had to tear the wall apart to fix it.

Where is your 29H San-t-flush fill port? It’s supposed to be standard but I think they forgot to install mine. (just like they forgot my garage cabinet)
Old 05-01-2019, 04:44 AM   #28

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickstand View Post
Where is your 29H San-t-flush fill port? It’s supposed to be standard but I think they forgot to install mine. (just like they forgot my garage cabinet)

The port to connect the hose is just above the black and grey tank drain. If you open the door to the drain, it is near the hinge on the left side.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:15 AM   #29

Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
THOR #7010
Quote:
The port to connect the hose is just above the black and grey tank drain. If you open the door to the drain, it is near the hinge on the left side.

Ah, there it is. Thanks
Old 05-03-2019, 11:38 PM   #30

THOR #14573
Quote:

My dealer was smart and created an access panel in case it ever fails in the future so the entire wall does not need to be torn apart to get to the plumbing. If your valve does not have easy access, you may want to ask them to create an access panel to get to it easier in the future.
Thanks...we haven't had a chance to bring it to the dealer yet. Camping in Portland and now shower pan / drain is leaking...dripping onto dually tires. WTF is wrong with Thor QC? Our list of things not working is around 25...some fairly major.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:02 AM   #31

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #15250
Saniflush problems

We just bought a 2020Freedom Elite 26’ and took it for a shakedown. When attempting to flush the black tank with the saniflush line it began flowing clean water inside the coach, bathroom and bedroom. Needless to say I used a wand to flush. No water entered the tank via the saniflush line btw.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:17 AM   #32

THOR #12751
Sani Flush issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveandDeb View Post
We just bought a 2020Freedom Elite 26’ and took it for a shakedown. When attempting to flush the black tank with the saniflush line it began flowing clean water inside the coach, bathroom and bedroom. Needless to say I used a wand to flush. No water entered the tank via the saniflush line btw.

It is amazing..... more like unacceptable.... that Thor continues to make new units with this problem!

The problem is the Vacuum Breaker Valve that is supposed to prevent water from backing up from the black tank into the plumbing.

For the past 3 or 4 years Thor has consistently installed either defective Vacuum Breakers or they have installed them backwards in the San-T-Flush plumbing.

We just took our 2018 Outlaw 29H out for the first time since they fixed our San-T-Flush issue. It worked great now that it is fixed working properly and much better than pouring water into the tank from the toilet.

Our dealer even made an access panel to make it easier to replace the Vacuum Breaker if it ever fails again.
Old 05-21-2021, 08:11 PM   #33

State: Colorado
THOR #23516
RipVanwinkle:
I too tried to use the SAN-T-Flush feature on my 2019 ACE 30.3.
I didn't get any water to flow through the system at all.
I called the Help line, they said it sounded like the anti backflow valve. They also said it should be located in the wardrobe compartment behind the shower. (I too was puzzled why it went clear to the other side of the RV!) in any case, I couldn't find the described valve.
I was able to confirm the info I got from the help line after downloading the schematics doc from the Thor Website Owners Resources page. I still can't locate the valve. The schematics indicated a White PEX line is used for the "No Fuss Flush" line.
I was able to follow the white line along with the Hot & Cold linesinto the compartment under the toilet, but I could not access that area and I'm clueless where that white line goes to. It sure doesn't show up on the other side of the RV that I can see
Old 05-21-2021, 08:15 PM   #34

THOR #23516
JUDGE:
Where did the dealer install the access panel for your vacuum breaker?
I'm not able to locate this Vacuum Breaker you speak of. I was led to the compartment behind the shower in the bedroom where the water heater is..
Old 05-22-2021, 01:07 AM   #35

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoelsken View Post
JUDGE:
Where did the dealer install the access panel for your vacuum breaker?
I'm not able to locate this Vacuum Breaker you speak of. I was led to the compartment behind the shower in the bedroom where the water heater is..

When I had issues with my Outlaw 29H the vacuum breaker was located in the wall behind the shower water controls. They cut a square hole in the hallway wall to access it and then created an access panel.

My current coach is a 2020 Magnitude SV34 and the San-T-FLush Vacuum breaker is the same location. When I remove the access panel under the shower, I can see the white PVC running under the shower floor towards the wall and the shower controls. The blue and red PEX for the regular water lines are running right beside it.
Old 05-22-2021, 01:12 AM   #36
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
The San-T-Flush system in my 2018 Outlaw 29H also leaked a little bit...
One flushing wouldn't show any water on the fkoor: it always took a minimum of five flushes in quick succession...
Old 05-22-2021, 01:42 AM   #37

Model: Windsport 34P
State: New York
THOR #9002
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoelsken View Post
RipVanwinkle:
I too tried to use the SAN-T-Flush feature on my 2019 ACE 30.3.
I didn't get any water to flow through the system at all.
I called the Help line, they said it sounded like the anti backflow valve. They also said it should be located in the wardrobe compartment behind the shower. (I too was puzzled why it went clear to the other side of the RV!) in any case, I couldn't find the described valve.
I was able to confirm the info I got from the help line after downloading the schematics doc from the Thor Website Owners Resources page. I still can't locate the valve. The schematics indicated a White PEX line is used for the "No Fuss Flush" line.
I was able to follow the white line along with the Hot & Cold linesinto the compartment under the toilet, but I could not access that area and I'm clueless where that white line goes to. It sure doesn't show up on the other side of the RV that I can see
Did you take any panels off? Mine was behind panels that actually had screws to be able to take it off. Most paneling is attached using small staples..
Old 05-22-2021, 01:45 AM   #38

THOR #23516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck and Mary Ann View Post
I had this issue with no water getting into the tank. CW worked on it and said the vacuum breaker was stuck and preventing it from fiction. I think they did something else as well, but didn't admit to it. Check the vacuum breaker and make sure it's working.
Yep I don't think CW service techs are any better than the THOR assembly Techs.
I'm still trying to locate my vacuum valve I have a dog food drawer under the shower (which I removed) but that compartment is completely boxed in. looks like I'm going to have to cut into the wall panel. (Hope I cut into the correct location!) Maybe I'm better off to just not use the SAN-T-Flush or (No Fuss Flush)!!!! I've sure put a lot of "fuss" into this issue!!!
Old 05-22-2021, 02:11 AM   #39

THOR #23516
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbNYThor View Post
Did you take any panels off? Mine was behind panels that actually had screws to be able to take it off. Most paneling is attached using small staples..
I took the panel off the compartment where the Water heater is (assumed to be what was meant by "Under the Wardrobe". The Hot & cold water lines were there (as expected) but no white line. Sounds like I'll need to cut into the paneling enclosing the area under the shower.

I hate to just blindly cut holes in a wall!!!
Old 05-22-2021, 02:30 AM   #40

Model: Compass 23TW
THOR #21492
2021 Compass 23TW San T Flush problem.

My new Compass first week on first black dump with valve open, I turned on hose for San T Flush and water came out everywhere but the black tank drain. Something is screwed up. I’ll not use until dealer can address in July. QC a true joke.