RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2019, 07:11 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: Alaska
THOR #14573
I just bought new 2019 Thor Windsport 34J and couldn't agree more. Worst quality control I have ever experienced. Having regrets now...

Old 04-28-2019, 07:13 PM   #22

THOR #14573
Just experienced same thing in our 2019 Thor Windsport 34J purchased from CW. What was cause?

Old 04-28-2019, 07:55 PM   #23

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #9747
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubeGrpArchitek View Post
Just experienced same thing in our 2019 Thor Windsport 34J purchased from CW. What was cause?
The factory installed flush systems normally use a No Fuss Flush system which includes a vacuum breaker check valve. These are plumbed on the opposite side of the MH in the bathroom because the bathrooms are on the opposite side of the wet bay.
1st time I used mine this valve was installed incotrectly and put water on the bathroom floor and under the dinette. I have a 2018 Windsport 29M. Many others have had this issue. Sorry to say.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:33 PM   #24

THOR #14573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Ernie View Post
The factory installed flush systems normally use a No Fuss Flush system which includes a vacuum breaker check valve. These are plumbed on the opposite side of the MH in the bathroom because the bathrooms are on the opposite side of the wet bay.
1st time I used mine this valve was installed incotrectly and put water on the bathroom floor and under the dinette. I have a 2018 Windsport 29M. Many others have had this issue. Sorry to say.
Thanks for the info...will contact both CW (dealer) and Thor.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:39 PM   #25

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
Quote:
Originally Posted by cconnorrn View Post
I just used mine for the first time, and fresh water is coming out onto floor from the bathroom wall. I noticed also that when I disconnected the hose from the system, it still had some pressure in the line. Yes, my black water dump valve was open at the time. Some of the water was getting to the black tank, as it was draining down the sewer hose, but not much. Has anyone had this fixed and therefore knows if there is a common problem, and how to fix? (ACE 29.4)
I had this issue with no water getting into the tank. CW worked on it and said the vacuum breaker was stuck and preventing it from fiction. I think they did something else as well, but didn't admit to it. Check the vacuum breaker and make sure it's working.

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:27 AM   #26

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubeGrpArchitek View Post
I used saniflush in my new 2019 Thor Windsport 34J today for first time and flooded entire center of coach at bathroom because I was alone and outside and didn't realize it was happening. Unbelievable...Thor quality control is awful. Bought coach at CW in March, spent most of March and April sitting at dealership and picked up last week with only 3 of 15 warranty issues resolved and just added 4 more.
The exact same thing happened when I bought my 2018 Outlaw 29H last year the first time out. My vacuum valve was in the wall where the main control panel is located. They had to tear the wall apart to fix it.

My dealer was smart and created an access panel in case it ever fails in the future so the entire wall does not need to be torn apart to get to the plumbing. If your valve does not have easy access, you may want to ask them to create an access panel to get to it easier in the future.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:38 AM   #27

Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
State: California
THOR #7010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
The exact same thing happened when I bought my 2018 Outlaw 29H last year the first time out. My vacuum valve was in the wall where the main control panel is located. They had to tear the wall apart to fix it.

Where is your 29H San-t-flush fill port? Itís supposed to be standard but I think they forgot to install mine. (just like they forgot my garage cabinet)
Old 05-01-2019, 05:44 AM   #28

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickstand View Post
Where is your 29H San-t-flush fill port? Itís supposed to be standard but I think they forgot to install mine. (just like they forgot my garage cabinet)

The port to connect the hose is just above the black and grey tank drain. If you open the door to the drain, it is near the hinge on the left side.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:15 AM   #29

Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
State: California
THOR #7010
Quote:
The port to connect the hose is just above the black and grey tank drain. If you open the door to the drain, it is near the hinge on the left side.

Ah, there it is. Thanks
Old 05-04-2019, 12:38 AM   #30

THOR #14573
Quote:

My dealer was smart and created an access panel in case it ever fails in the future so the entire wall does not need to be torn apart to get to the plumbing. If your valve does not have easy access, you may want to ask them to create an access panel to get to it easier in the future.
Thanks...we haven't had a chance to bring it to the dealer yet. Camping in Portland and now shower pan / drain is leaking...dripping onto dually tires. WTF is wrong with Thor QC? Our list of things not working is around 25...some fairly major.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:02 AM   #31

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #15250
Saniflush problems

We just bought a 2020Freedom Elite 26í and took it for a shakedown. When attempting to flush the black tank with the saniflush line it began flowing clean water inside the coach, bathroom and bedroom. Needless to say I used a wand to flush. No water entered the tank via the saniflush line btw.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:17 AM   #32

THOR #12751
Sani Flush issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveandDeb View Post
We just bought a 2020Freedom Elite 26í and took it for a shakedown. When attempting to flush the black tank with the saniflush line it began flowing clean water inside the coach, bathroom and bedroom. Needless to say I used a wand to flush. No water entered the tank via the saniflush line btw.

It is amazing..... more like unacceptable.... that Thor continues to make new units with this problem!

The problem is the Vacuum Breaker Valve that is supposed to prevent water from backing up from the black tank into the plumbing.

For the past 3 or 4 years Thor has consistently installed either defective Vacuum Breakers or they have installed them backwards in the San-T-Flush plumbing.

We just took our 2018 Outlaw 29H out for the first time since they fixed our San-T-Flush issue. It worked great now that it is fixed working properly and much better than pouring water into the tank from the toilet.

Our dealer even made an access panel to make it easier to replace the Vacuum Breaker if it ever fails again.