Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2021, 12:47 PM   #41
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertiverson View Post
My new Compass first week on first black dump with valve open, I turned on hose for San T Flush and water came out everywhere but the black tank drain. Something is screwed up. I’ll not use until dealer can address in July. QC a true joke.
Wasn’t checked or demonstrated during the PDI?

Old 05-22-2021, 01:43 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23TW
State: California
THOR #21492
San t flush problem

This feature was not checked or demonstrated. It was 28 degrees and snowing at pickup. Demonstration of such a simple feature is not really necessary. Unless on a PDI checklist it’s not going to get checked. A dealer should not need to check this or other things if factory did their job in installing things correctly. RV construction is totally different QC than an auto. Heater wire ground was reversed so heater was inoperative at delivery. Stabilizer Jack’s, whether up or down, sounded an alarm when ignition key was on. Solution.. cut alarm wire.
I suspect the San t flush issue is an unconnected hose or some valve in backwards or failed. Because water poured out in all the wrong places I’ll bet on an unconnected hose or piping to the tank. Because of the sub-freezing temps at delivery time, I was not real keen on putting lots of water in pipes and systems for paranoia of breaking pipes in absence of a good draining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Wasn’t checked or demonstrated during the PDI?
Old 05-22-2021, 03:04 PM   #43
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertiverson View Post
This feature was not checked or demonstrated. It was 28 degrees and snowing at pickup. Demonstration of such a simple feature is not really necessary. Unless on a PDI checklist it’s not going to get checked. A dealer should not need to check this or other things if factory did their job in installing things correctly. RV construction is totally different QC than an auto. Heater wire ground was reversed so heater was inoperative at delivery. Stabilizer Jack’s, whether up or down, sounded an alarm when ignition key was on. Solution.. cut alarm wire.
I suspect the San t flush issue is an unconnected hose or some valve in backwards or failed. Because water poured out in all the wrong places I’ll bet on an unconnected hose or piping to the tank. Because of the sub-freezing temps at delivery time, I was not real keen on putting lots of water in pipes and systems for paranoia of breaking pipes in absence of a good draining.
Sorry for your pain but you accepted the rig without checking all systems regardless of outside temps. Dealers have heated bays. If you check one plumbing system you could have checked them all.

Industry will not change until people start doing a good PDI and refuse delivery of any rig that has any issues during the PDI.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:27 PM   #44

Model: Four Winds 28A
THOR #21941
I was going to use the San-T-Flush system on the first dump of the black water tanks, but I didn't pull up far enough and didn't have a hose other than my white city water hoses.

I did hook it up when I got home and let it run for about 5 minutes. Didn't notice any leaks, but will check better next time.

I have since purchased a 25' garden hose and will use that on the next dump. Also picked up a sprayer nozzle to keep with that hose.

Watchdog hardwired EMS, Alignment, Roadmaster front sway bar, vent covers, Dew Gutter
waynetaylor55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 10:12 AM   #45

THOR #21492
Dealers have heated bays? You mean the service bays with rigs on jacks that may very well have been waiting a long time for service? Okay. Let’s follow directions for San t flush, while in the service bay, after getting the service bay rigs off the jacks and moved out of the way for a new delivery, now open the black tank dump valve, and turn on hose to San t flush, running dump hose to??? a convenient dump port in the service bay? I suppose you know all service bays and delivery bays are not only heated but also have dump stations in them for testing. I bet they also have rain simulators to test the roof, gutters, seals, vents, etc. I’d also bet they have wind generators to test that the awning retracts as designed in a wind event. I bet they have tv, wifi and cell generators too so one can check the winegard and entertainment system. I bet they have a road simulator to check TPMS, rattles, etc. to make sure the factory and dealer PDI caught it all. But this ideal dream delivery station does not exist. And sadly, if one were to refuse delivery until all was checked, inspected and fixed, realistically one would or could be waiting days, weeks or months for delivery of their new RV. Sadly, that is the RV industry. If You think that will change by doing what you profess is needed by new buyers, then I’ve got a bridge to sell someone.

One with over five thousand posts to their name could be more supportive and helpful to a plight or situation rather than pointing fingers at new RV owners looking forward to getting on the road to enjoy their new friend, with its faults, knowing that real help online and in forums is there to back them up.

During delivery, the awning was extended, revealing three small holes in fabric. No biggy but dealer ordered new unit, 6 week delivery. While inside looking at interior, awning attachment bolts start popping out as the support bracket starts to peel away from the coach body. Was that due to the light snow at delivery? Not much snow, wasn’t sticking, no wind..hmmm.. how about p-poor design and construction as the root problem. I guess you would suggest I refuse delivery to ‘right the industry’ and fly home to wait a couple months and return for the second inning of a for sure overtime game.

Supply and demand conditions won’t allow for any change, at least not at this time.

Constructive or humorous comments are good, appreciated comments. Be constructive, or humorous and your comment too will be appreciated

Quote:
Sorry for your pain but you accepted the rig without checking all systems regardless of outside temps. Dealers have heated bays. If you check one plumbing system you could have checked them all.

Industry will not change until people start doing a good PDI and refuse delivery of any rig that has any issues during the PDI.
Old 06-05-2021, 11:40 AM   #46
Site Team

THOR #1469
Air pressure works when water is not feasible and all service departments test plumbing systems with air.

I made my point. Folks need to do an adequate PDI and also start reading their owner’s manuals.

Personal responsibility is involved.

Out of here.
Old 06-05-2021, 11:40 AM   #47
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynetaylor55 View Post
I was going to use the San-T-Flush system on the first dump of the black water tanks, but I didn't pull up far enough and didn't have a hose other than my white city water hoses.
I did hook it up when I got home and let it run for about 5 minutes. Didn't notice any leaks, but will check better next time.
I have since purchased a 25' garden hose and will use that on the next dump. Also picked up a sprayer nozzle to keep with that hose.
You always need to have at least one more hose with you...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 05:37 PM   #48

THOR #21492
Good point. That air is probably colored with a dye smoke so it shows up so it’s visible like water is visible and obvious to the eye. I downloaded every manual and read most of them prior to my pickup. TV manual not read. Why? We all have TVs. Anything new like stabilizers, Winegard, splitter, etc were read. Some are tough to understand unless you are there to see it work. Some manuals are poop. Personal responsibility and adequate inspection are subjective concepts that have nearly infinite margins. Tell me about your last Detroit vehicle PDI. 100% test? All conditions and variables covered? All the time in the world? How many hours or days did that take? Really helpful again. I made my point. Responsible and diligent people that missed or overlooked something can benefit from constructive help. Save the lectures.

Quote:
Air pressure works when water is not feasible and all service departments test plumbing systems with air.

I made my point. Folks need to do an adequate PDI and also start reading their owner’s manuals.

Personal responsibility is involved.

Out of here.