Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-04-2017, 02:37 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Texas
THOR #1291
Sani Flush issues

More issues discovered.. I used ( or tried to ) the saniflush system tonight for the first time and was not impressed. I would have thought it would get more crud out of the balck tank.
When I went back inside the unit my wife told me she heard a weird hissing sound and that the throw carpets in the bedroom and hallway are soaking wet. I went outside and checked the storage compartment and it was full of water coming from the compartment under the big drawer in the bedroom that houses the hot water tank.

Not sure why the saniflush would go all the way over there unless something was hooked up incorrectly. No more leaks now and I will not use the sani system again till we get back east .

anyone else had a similar issue ?

2018 ACE 30.3

Old 06-04-2017, 11:55 PM   #2

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
If your are talking about the backflush on the black tank, there should be no relationship between that and your hot water heater. That backflush should only spray water around inside your black tank. If water was somehow from your black tank, you will probably be able to tell by odor.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:09 AM   #3

THOR #1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
If your are talking about the backflush on the black tank, there should be no relationship between that and your hot water heater. That backflush should only spray water around inside your black tank. If water was somehow from your black tank, you will probably be able to tell by odor.

Agreed so my guess is something plumbingwise is connected incorrectly since the water was ( thank god ) clean water.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:14 AM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Or maybe the freshwater hose that is supposed to go to the black tank to flush it has a very loose connection so fresh water goes everywhere it is not supposed to, instead of where it is supposed to.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:15 AM   #5

THOR #1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
Or maybe the freshwater hose that is supposed to go to the black tank to flush it has a very loose connection so fresh water goes everywhere it is not supposed to, instead of where it is supposed to.

True but they are on opposite sides of the RV.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:22 AM   #6
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanWinkle View Post
True but they are on opposite sides of the RV.
That's why you have a separate freshwater hose that is supposed to go to the black tank flusher, If it isn't tight on either nipple then fresh water will go where is isn't supposed to.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:24 AM   #7

THOR #1291
I am using a different hose connected on the driver side of the rig... there is no water ANYWHERE near that setup.... the water is coming our on the passenger side of the rig in/around the hot water tank.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:48 AM   #8
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Yeah start looking around that (the water heater)--remove any inside access panels and look for any signs of broken/leaking water lines.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:34 AM   #9

Model: Windsport 34P
State: New York
THOR #9002
Any luck fixing the issue?

Hello,

We just used the Sani Flush system in our Windsport 34P for the first time too and are experiencing similar issues. Nothing comes out of the black tank and eventually water leaks from the top of the compartment. Did you end up getting yours fixed? If so what was the issue?

Thanks,
Todd
Old 09-06-2017, 12:41 PM   #10

Model: Windsport 29M
THOR #8264
The same thing happened to us. The first time we used the San-T-Flush we had water start to pour out of the bins on the drivers side and flooding the inside of the coach. Our Windsport is back at CW having this and other issues addressed. I will keep you posted on the outcome. Yes the blackwater valve was open.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:09 AM   #11

Model: Ace 29.4
State: North Carolina
THOR #9094
vacuum breaker

There is a vacuum breaker mind was blow off broken
Mind was behind panel in bath room cabinet
What it does is not suppose to let water flow back to hose connected to saniflush
Old 09-07-2017, 12:13 AM   #12

Model: Ace 29.4
State: North Carolina
THOR #9094
vacuum breaker There is a vacuum breaker mind was blow off broken
Mind was behind panel in bath room cabinet
What it does is not suppose to let water flow back to hose connected to saniflush
Old 09-07-2017, 03:04 PM   #13

THOR #6499
Sani flush problems

My sani-flush connection to the black tank leaks black crud all over my storage compartment when the tank fills. The nylon connector was installed crooked and not flush with the tank. I tried plumbers epoxy. that worked for a couple weeks. The hose also goes into the inside compartment to connect to an anti-siphon or back-flow prevent-er so that black water dosen,t leak back out the hose when the tank is full.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:31 PM   #14

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
THOR #5821
Unbelievable, the problems you folks are having. Its a simple system, only supposed to spray water around inside black tank. I had one added to the Gemini, fortunately works as its supposed to. I'm guessing the problems are occurring to factory installed flush systems, but its so simple, it baffles me how it could be screwed up.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:41 PM   #15

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Unbelievable, the problems you folks are having. Its a simple system, only supposed to spray water around inside black tank. I had one added to the Gemini, fortunately works as its supposed to. I'm guessing the problems are occurring to factory installed flush systems, but its so simple, it baffles me how it could be screwed up.
Wow, no kidding! I'm afraid to use the one in our WS31 now! =O
Old 09-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #16

Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
THOR #9081
Quote:
The factory installed flush systems normally use a No Fuss Flush system which includes a vacuum breaker check valve. On my last two MHs these were plumbed on the opposite side of the MH in the bathroom because the bathrooms are on the opposite side of the wet bay. They are normally accessed under the bathroom sink fixture. If you look at your fresh water schematics you can see where they run the pex for them. This also allows for the plumbing into the black tank so water flushes from the opposite side of the black tank to the drain. If you google "no fuss flush installation instructions" you can select the PDF for more information.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:04 PM   #17

Model: A.C.E. 29.4
State: Delaware
THOR #9121
I just used mine for the first time, and fresh water is coming out onto floor from the bathroom wall. I noticed also that when I disconnected the hose from the system, it still had some pressure in the line. Yes, my black water dump valve was open at the time. Some of the water was getting to the black tank, as it was draining down the sewer hose, but not much. Has anyone had this fixed and therefore knows if there is a common problem, and how to fix? (ACE 29.4)
Old 09-08-2017, 10:30 PM   #18

Model: Windsport 29M
THOR #8264
My Windsport29m is in the shop with the same problem. When I find out what the solution is I will post.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:23 AM   #19

Model: A.C.E. 29.4
State: Delaware
THOR #9121
Had this problem fixed a while ago but never updated the thread. It turned out to be a mis-installed back flow valve in the saniflush water line, between the inlet where you hook your hose, and the nozzle in the black tank. My valve was in the utility chase behind the toilet on an A.C.E. 29.4, 2018 model. The chase (enclosure) had to be disassembled and the valve repaired. The valve is inline to prevent black water from flowing back towards the hose you have connected to the saniflush inlet.

Had a similar issue with the kitchen sink. It's air vent caused an overflow of drain water, and I had to reassemble the vent properly. They just put this stuff together. It's pretty obvious that THOR never tests a damn thing. I used to have a Fleetwood class A. That was quality. Stepping into the basement with a THOR has been a disturbing experience.
FMCA F453754
cconnorrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:09 PM   #20

Model: Aria 3901
State: Alaska
THOR #14573
I used saniflush in my new 2019 Thor Windsport 34J today for first time and flooded entire center of coach at bathroom because I was alone and outside and didn't realize it was happening. Unbelievable...Thor quality control is awful. Bought coach at CW in March, spent most of March and April sitting at dealership and picked up last week with only 3 of 15 warranty issues resolved and just added 4 more.