Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2018, 07:54 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #12766
I once had a 2014 Minnie-Winnie and at there web site giving yr model and vin you get every nut and bolt that went into making your rv it shows everything and great for ordering partsbest I have every seen

Old 08-20-2018, 10:23 PM   #42

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
I called Thor twice and emailed them twice over a month ago. Nothing so far. How long did it take you to receive your schematics?

They emailed them to me while I was on the phone with them.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:31 AM   #43

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
They emailed them to me while I was on the phone with them.
Yeah, the person was quite nice and they E mailed all the diagrams. Took awhile to figure them out cause I used the Chiltons, Grumman and Mickey d's and the symbology, is different. Reality is different too.
Old 11-11-2020, 05:44 AM   #44

Model: Windsport 34R
State: Texas
THOR #21191
I'm a new owner of a 2019 Windsport 34R. Bought on consignment not a Thor dealer. I have found the Thor customer folks to be very helpful. Even before purchase when I had RV independently inspected I was able to ask questions to the customer service folks and they were very responsive. Sent me diagrams and I hadn't even become an owner! After purchase when driving by Elkhart area we arranged for a walk thru orientation demo. They came out to the parking lot and showed us things we didn't know. Told us about the owners website to and have been able to download lots of tech data. Have called them several times since and they have been responsive.
Old 02-21-2022, 10:50 PM   #45

State: Florida
THOR #23443
Electrical Diagrams 2014 Thor ACE 27.1

I purchased a used 2014 Thor ACE 27.1 last year. I am retired and like working on my RV rather than bringing it to the shop. The problem is that Thor does not provide any electrical diagrams in the manuals.
Can any one here help me with copies of these diagrams?
Thank You in advance.
Celso
Old 02-21-2022, 10:57 PM   #46
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celso View Post
I purchased a used 2014 Thor ACE 27.1 last year. I am retired and like working on my RV rather than bringing it to the shop. The problem is that Thor does not provide any electrical diagrams in the manuals.
Can any one here help me with copies of these diagrams?
Thank You in advance.
Celso
Did you go to Thor's website, owner resources and log in with your VIN?

Here:
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owners/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 02:35 AM   #47

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
i'm not sure when that started but I think the online thing using VIN started some time after the 2014 models
You can always call Thor's customer service with your VIN. They can send you the drawings.
It's been some time since I did it, but they tended to want to only send the specific drawings that I was asking for...nothing more. But push for everything.
None of them are very good, pretty poor really, but they are at least marginally helpful and have come in handy over the years. I got the electrical drawings, the plumbing drawings, and all the frame drawings
Old 02-22-2022, 11:56 AM   #48
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
i'm not sure when that started but I think the online thing using VIN started some time after the 2014 models
You can always call Thor's customer service with your VIN. They can send you the drawings.
It's been some time since I did it, but they tended to want to only send the specific drawings that I was asking for...nothing more. But push for everything.
None of them are very good, pretty poor really, but they are at least marginally helpful and have come in handy over the years. I got the electrical drawings, the plumbing drawings, and all the frame drawings
There is full documentation for our early 2014 Axis on Thor's website.. I do think they backfilled with whatever they had. I'm sure there is a starting point, however.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 05:12 PM   #49

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
There is full documentation for our early 2014 Axis on Thor's website.. I do think they backfilled with whatever they had. I'm sure there is a starting point, however.
well, count me in as being a surprised!
Last I looked there was nothing for me. Because of your post, I went over to their site. Found I had to create a new account since it's been so long since I've done anything with them I guess....
and sure enough
there was quite a large amount of information there under the "knowledge center"
I found a 76 page pdf document called "Schematics" that has SOME of the drawings....but for every floor plan model they made in 2013not just the stuff for my particular vin.
Just based on a quick look there were a few drawings I don't think that I had and maybe a different looking version of a few....but missing were the electrical schematics (just a basic one was included), the frame drawings, and I want to say there are a couple of plumbing drawings I have that I didn't see.
anyway, thanks!
Old 03-01-2022, 06:59 PM   #50
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
They do not produce schematics, but harness diagrams with approximate locations. With them is the color of wires etc.. Better then a wiring list I had to make for manufacturing in my former life. One change could involve revisions to several level of drawings. I called it how to make something simple complex and cost a fortune.
Old 05-10-2023, 06:48 PM   #51

State: Minnesota
THOR #29647
2016 thor 4winds 31w
Where is rear slide motor
Old 05-10-2023, 07:06 PM   #52

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
THOR #27719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johms View Post
2016 thor 4winds 31w
Where is rear slide motor
Upper part of slide opening frame in the rear.
Old 06-15-2023, 08:48 PM   #53

State: Ontario
THOR #29966
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP View Post
They do not produce schematics, but harness diagrams with approximate locations. With them is the color of wires etc.. Better then a wiring list I had to make for manufacturing in my former life. One change could involve revisions to several level of drawings. I called it how to make something simple complex and cost a fortune.
Working on an electrical nightmarish 2007 Hurricane 33H. Even Thor's harness diagrams are vague. Radio only works using coach storage battery, some "tube" near the storage batteries is all wrapped in tuck tape with the battery wires going in 1 end and who knows what coming out the other as I cant see the end of it.
Converter fuses show the 12V #5 "Appliances" but...I dont feel like ripping the whole unit apart to find out where that heads off to. It's a dead short. Anyone offer advice where to start?
Old 06-15-2023, 10:41 PM   #54

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
THOR #27719
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOTech View Post
Working on an electrical nightmarish 2007 Hurricane 33H. Even Thor's harness diagrams are vague. Radio only works using coach storage battery, some "tube" near the storage batteries is all wrapped in tuck tape with the battery wires going in 1 end and who knows what coming out the other as I cant see the end of it.
Converter fuses show the 12V #5 "Appliances" but...I dont feel like ripping the whole unit apart to find out where that heads off to. It's a dead short. Anyone offer advice where to start?
1 - The radio is only supposed to work off the house batteries/house DC buss.
2 - The "Appliances" fuse feeds the furnace and thermostat, the water heater control circuit, and the fridge control circuit if you have a propane fridge.
Old 06-15-2023, 10:48 PM   #55
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geterdun View Post
2 - The "Appliances" fuse feeds the furnace and thermostat, the water heater control circuit, and the fridge control circuit if you have a propane fridge.
On my rig the main power will power off the radio if the ignition is off. If the ignition is on the radio gets power from the coach batteries regardless of the main power being on or off.
Old 06-15-2023, 11:30 PM   #56

State: Ontario
THOR #29966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geterdun View Post
Thanks for the replys.
So the dash radio is only suppose to operate if the storage switch is on coach? Rather odd that you have to power the whole coach while driving down the road, but I have see odder.
Thanks for pointing the direction of appliances. I had a feeling it may have been 1 of those circuits but didnt want to start tearing things apart.

Incidently, is the battery isolator easy to get at? Was told front drivers side in a compartment
Thanks for the replies Geterdun and EA3