Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2017, 01:07 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
The Seiki's at least the ones we have, work just fine using a satellite and direct TV. I guess I should connect to cable sometime, just to see how it does. They get a decent picture, at least off satellite.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:52 AM   #42
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Try it on shore power or with Generator on
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:06 AM   #43

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhenn View Post
Try it on shore power or with Generator on
I tried it last night with the generator on, still did not work. Also took an extension cord out and plugged it into another electric receptacle. That did not work, either. Next step is plug something else in that I know works to check the receptacles in that area of the MH to make sure I have power there at all. Then look for fuses/CBs.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:30 AM   #44

THOR #8503
Further troubleshooting found I have no piwer to electrical receptables on passenger side of motorhome, driver side OK. Found circuit breaker/fuse box under end of bed. There was a fuse for driver side and one for passenger side. I reversed them to see if the problem flip flopped. That didn't work. Circuit breakers all were good. Popped and reset them, no help. Guess I'll just wait until it goes back to the dealer Friday. Appreciate the responses. You guys at least had me looking in logical areas.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
Old 08-20-2017, 01:32 AM   #45

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Your tv isn't on a circuit with GFCI by any chance? I would check all of them just to be sure.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:45 AM   #46

THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Your tv isn't on a circuit with GFCI by any chance? I would check all of them just to be sure.
That's an excellent question, SuperD. I did notice one of the dead receptacles has a label that says GFCI protected. Now I just have to find the GFCI and see if it is popped, and, if so reset it.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
Old 08-20-2017, 02:03 AM   #47
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
That's an excellent question, SuperD. I did notice one of the dead receptacles has a label that says GFCI protected. Now I just have to find the GFCI and see if it is popped, and, if so reset it.
The GFCI outlet is typically in the bathroom... and protects the outlets there, those near the kitchen sink, and those outside the RV.
Some larger rigs have more than one GFCI circuit - but I expect there is only one in the ACE.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 03:27 AM   #48

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Louisiana
THOR #6600
I can't promise this will work, but it can't hurt: I have a seiki tv in the bedroom of my Windsport. We ran into a similar issue on our first vacation in 2014 where we couldn't pick hardly any of the cable channels on a scan. We found the issue online where it wouldn't tune anything QAM. My son found a forum post where you can use a 0000 code prior to hitting the menu button to unlock the "Other Settings" menu. This was system level settings in the tv firmware. I was able to switch the QAM on, and after, we were able to pick up all the channels. Here is a similar post that mentions this: http://www.fixya.com/support/t219313...ation_se32hy10 . There's like more posts out there, search for "seiki 0000 menu".
Old 08-20-2017, 03:37 AM   #49

THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
The GFCI outlet is typically in the bathroom... and protects the outlets there, those near the kitchen sink, and those outside the RV.
Some larger rigs have more than one GFCI circuit - but I expect there is only one in the ACE.
Thanks GMC, I'll take a look tomorrow and try to find it.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
Old 08-20-2017, 03:56 AM   #50

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
I think the key word here is TYPICALLY. With Thor and the goofy techs there's no telling what or how a coach has been wired. On our coach the outside tv power cord goes into the coach and plugs in under the bathroom sink, guess what, on a GFCI circuit. Just because something is painted black on one side doesn't mean it's black on the other side, I believe in checking everything. One of the first things I learned in engineering school was make sure it's plugged in first!!! Duh!!!
Old 08-20-2017, 05:32 PM   #51
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I think the key word here is TYPICALLY. With Thor and the goofy techs there's no telling what or how a coach has been wired. On our coach the outside tv power cord goes into the coach and plugs in under the bathroom sink, guess what, on a GFCI circuit. Just because something is painted black on one side doesn't mean it's black on the other side, I believe in checking everything. One of the first things I learned in engineering school was make sure it's plugged in first!!! Duh!!!
Yes - 'typically' is important. Everything in these RV's can be different from unit to unit - as has been shown many times...
However an outdoor TV I would EXPECT to be plugged into a GFI/GFCI outlet... It is in that case an outdoor electric appliance and should be protected - so I would say they did the right thing there.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:01 PM   #52

THOR #8503
Hey guys. It is fixed. The GFCI is in the bathroom, it was popped. Reset it and, wallah, everything works now. Thanks everyone. I'm ready to recommend to Thor they just go ahead and name the locations of your RVs as mobile Thor service centers. ☺ I think I even know what caused it. As we were leaving the campground on our maiden "functional check flight" our San-t-Flush flooded that end of the coach when I was dumping the black tank. We hadn't had anything turned on since then until I tried to use the TV Friday, so I am pretty sure that small re-creation of the Mississippi River through one corner of the bedroom and the bathroom probably popped the GFCI. San-t-Flush gets fixed later this week.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
Old 08-20-2017, 10:34 PM   #53

THOR #5196
Glad you got it solved and it was as simple as resetting the GFCI. Sometimes it's the simple things that get you!
Old 08-25-2017, 06:56 PM   #54

THOR #6598
2018 Coaches with Axess TV's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
The Seiki's at least the ones we have, work just fine using a satellite and direct TV. I guess I should connect to cable sometime, just to see how it does. They get a decent picture, at least off satellite.
Anyone out there who can share good or bad experiences with the Axess TV's that Thor is installing in there 2018 Class C's?
Old 08-26-2017, 12:25 PM   #55

Model: 29.3
State: Massachusetts
THOR #2125
Digital Converter box

Since I cannot replace my “SUCKY” TV’s I purchased a converted box from Wall Mart (Ematic brand model # AT103B cost $ 40) which one can return with 90 days if you do not want to keep the converter . We tried to order converter boxes on line but would not get them to our campsite in time for our short stay. Besides I’m sure we will run into this problem at other campgrounds.
Since one would normally need one converter box for each TV, I decided to connect the box by bringing the cable connection from the campsites connection into the back window of my camper and feed it to the incoming port of the converter. Then bring the cable out wire into the connection on my RV. This allows one to have all three TV’s to receive the signal.
One draw back is all three TV’s will be on the same channel when you change the channel. Not the perfect solution but does work.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:55 PM   #56

THOR #6598
2018 Thor TV's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Funny never had a problem where I go. Then don't buy a smart tv.

Kev
I understand some of the 2018 Thor Class C's are installed with Axess TV's. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences with Axess vs Seki?

I'm waiting on delivery of a Class C 2018 Thor Quantum PD31, hope Thor has upgrade their TV's by now?
Old 08-26-2017, 05:01 PM   #57

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
I have no problem with the picture quality of the Seiki TV, and since I never plug into a campground cable system, the tuner issue is a non issue for me.

Fgianni,

With the setup you described, are you getting an HD signal at all TVs? Have you considered placing the converter box near your HDMI routing and feeding you TVs that way?
Old 08-26-2017, 07:10 PM   #58

Model: 29.3
State: Massachusetts
THOR #2125
Sucky TV's

This signal is a bit snowy . May be the length of the extremely long cables so we live with the low quality reception. Have not tried Connecting through the HDMI . I may try that on my next connection.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:50 PM   #59

THOR #6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Kieffer View Post
I understand some of the 2018 Thor Class C's are installed with Axess TV's. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences with Axess vs Seki?

I'm waiting on delivery of a Class C 2018 Thor Quantum PD31, hope Thor has upgrade their TV's by now?
I mean Axxera TV not Axess TV
I
Old 08-26-2017, 11:51 PM   #60
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Anyone out there who can share good or bad experiences with the Axess TV's that Thor is installing in there 2018 Class C's?
Quote:

Quote:
I mean Axxera TV not Axess TV
I
Perhaps if you start your own thread about the brand TV you want information about, you would get a better response instead of asking questions about a model TV that is not what this thread is discussing.