Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2018, 03:34 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 25.2
State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
...I have an unlimited data plan from Verizon, but it slows down to a crawl after you've used 15gb. RV
I use my iPad (which has a cell data plan). With the AV connector, I can stream an unlimited amount of shows. I am yet to have them throttle my speed because most of the time I am in fringe areas.

The only time when I ran into the 15GB fence was when I was using my cellphone as a hotspot. I had updated my laptops OS and watched a movie over the hotspot. Verizon sent me an email warning me of the 15GB limit on using the hotspot on an Unlimited Plan .

But streaming on the cellphone and then using it's video out is not counted as using a hotspot.

I just joined Family Motorcoach Association. They advertise a Version 4G Hotspot that has a plan with a 25GB/month limit for $50/month.

Added: HWH Kick-Down Leveler; RoadMaster Anti-sway bars; Tornado Rotary Tank Rinser; Accede Backup Sensor Kit; cylinder locks (w/one combo lock); custom sink cover; Kenwood DDX 5706S front radio; Pioneer MVH-X5560BT rear radio; Oxygenics Shower head; ScanGuage II; Blue Ox Tow Bar w/RVi Brake 2; Winegard Rayzar Automatic TV antenna; Trimark Steel door lock; Dometic 310 toilet; whatever is next.
gbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:57 AM   #22

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
I use my iPad (which has a cell data plan). With the AV connector, I can stream an unlimited amount of shows. I am yet to have them throttle my speed because most of the time I am in fringe areas.

The only time when I ran into the 15GB fence was when I was using my cellphone as a hotspot. I had updated my laptops OS and watched a movie over the hotspot. Verizon sent me an email warning me of the 15GB limit on using the hotspot on an Unlimited Plan .

But streaming on the cellphone and then using it's video out is not counted as using a hotspot.

I just joined Family Motorcoach Association. They advertise a Version 4G Hotspot that has a plan with a 25GB/month limit for $50/month.

I have an Ellipsis Jetpack 4G Hotspot and got the 15GB warning in the last inning of a baseball game. The next night it was so slow we couldn't watch. It kept stopping to buffer and each time, it started back three innings before what we had already watched. I usually watch OTA if available, but I have been in several RV parks that are just too far from any stations or have some stations, but doesn't get the particular network station I want to watch. On those nights we just relax and read. That's not such a bad thing. :-)

FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:45 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I'm sorry...

But when "Camping", and "Television" are used in the same sentence: I think of this!

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1516891486
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Love the outdors from indoors.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	371.9 KB
ID:	8724  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:23 PM   #24

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I'm sorry...

But when "Camping", and "Television" are used in the same sentence: I think of this!

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1516891486
Love it, Bob. Saw one last night with a guy holding the wrong end of the sewer hose pointing at his face that was pretty good, too. That was attached to a Facebook post in which he was describing his experience when the campground water quit and they came to fix it while he and his wife were out sightseeing in the toad. When the campground worker turned the water back on, instead of opening the valve to the campground water, he opened the valve to the black tank flush hose. It filled the black tank and ran it over. They returned to find their bathroom, bedroom (carpeted) and the basement all full of the former contents of the black tank.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:24 PM   #25

Model: Windsport 27
State: Texas
THOR #15289
Dumb question

I purchased a windsport at the end of May.

The seiki tv in the kitchen is not working. I plugged it into several other sockets and I couldn’t get it to turn on.

Can I replace the tv with any other flat screen or are these tvs specially made for RV’s?

What would people recommend?

Kerry
Old 06-09-2019, 11:30 PM   #26
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana&Kerry View Post

The seiki tv in the kitchen is not working. I plugged it into several other sockets and I couldnít get it to turn on.

Can I replace the tv with any other flat screen or are these tvs specially made for RVís?

Kerry
Any flatscreen TV that will fit in the space will work; and probably better. I prefer Roku TVs primarily for the local TV Guide if you connect it the the Internet.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:43 AM   #27
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana&Kerry View Post

The seiki tv in the kitchen is not working. I plugged it into several other sockets and I couldn’t get it to turn on.

Can I replace the tv with any other flat screen or are these tvs specially made for RV’s?

Kerry
Any TV that fit's the area will work. Also, look closely at the mount for the TV. When I replaced my Challenger's living area Seiki TV with a Sharp I had to also replace the mount because the Thor installed mount would not work on the Sharp.

Here the link for the thread where I explained my Seiki replacement.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...r-tv-3647.html
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:08 AM   #28

Model: A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Kentucky
THOR #8259
Can you post pics? I need to bust my Seiki TVís and make it look like an accident so the DW will let me get some good ones! Lol
Old 06-10-2019, 12:10 PM   #29

Model: Windsport 27
State: Texas
THOR #15289
More on tvs

The tv looks normal, just wonít turn on. So no need for pictures. I am going to Best Buy today. The 30 in tvs are $70 and up.

Thank you, Ed Felker! Your book, although it is for a Vegas, does an excellent job explaining how to remove the tv.

If anyone needs a good general book on Thor RVís, down load Edís book. There are some general differences like the windsportís house battery box breaker is on the right side and not the left. You donít need to tear apart the navigatorís work station to get to the chassis battery on the windsport. The major stuff is the same.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:15 PM   #30

THOR #1249
I donated the one Seiki that still worked to a person that needed a large screen for their pc. Works good for that, but for TV..............? Replaced mine right away with another flat screen.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:50 PM   #31
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
I donated the one Seiki that still worked to a person that needed a large screen for their pc. Works good for that, but for TV..............? Replaced mine right away with another flat screen.
At 720p max it really isn't very good for a PC monitor either.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote