Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2016, 06:19 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
High Point Microwave Shuts Down

We have the High Pointe microwave convection oven in our 2015 Vegas. We have used it quite a bit but recently it has begun acting squirrelly.

It will be operating fine. My wife takes what ever was in the oven out and puts something else in. The microwave on its own shuts down. No clock, and nothing operates no matter what buttons are pushed. Wait a while, the microwave beeps and power comes back on with all zeros in the clock.

Start using it and it operates a while and shuts down again. Wait a while, and it beeps again and power comes on again.

We have had this happen 5 separate times. I moved the plug from where it is plugged in at the top shelf of the kitchen cabinet. Plugged it in the other plug where you can plug in a CD player. Same thing happens no matter what plug it is in.

Anyone else have this happen? I'm going in to the dealer for some other warranty work before my one year expires in Aug. I'll just add this to the list.

2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:55 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Old post but on my last trip tried to use my Highpoint in the convection mode to cook a pizza on my 2017 Vegas. It would heat up to about 350 then there is a click and the heating element shuts off and it cools down to about 200 then restarts.

Also on microwaving a large frozen dish 20 minutes thru it turns off the magnetron until it cools down then it turns back on and goes again.

In both situations the lights fan Etc continue to function.

On a bet I pulled it out of the cabnet about 4 inches and found it to be blazingly hot. There is no venting of the heat in that confined enclosure. Im going to mount some 12volt muffin fans (type used on computers) to force some cooling