Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2019, 02:30 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDC54 View Post
DenverTransplant, I’m curious about your choice to mount flexible solar panels with Eternabond tape vs hardmount with brackets. I have heard that air needs to circulate around the panels (which would favor the hardmount with brackets), but I confess I am intrigued by the low profile and ease of installation of using Eternabond tape. And I really don’t want to drill more holes in my roof. How long have you had this setup? Any regrets about using the tape?
They’ve only been up there since spring, but so far things have been fine. I knew I might be giving up some efficiency due to heating, but circulation is not required. I’ll inspect things this spring.

There are a series of videos on flexible solar panels put out by RV with Tito. His experience has been good, with just some minor issues with water intrusion which were easily fixed. His oldest panels have been installed for 6 years

https://rvwithtito.com/topics/65

Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:05 PM   #42

Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
State: Michigan
THOR #11426
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
They’ve only been up there since spring, but so far things have been fine. I knew I might be giving up some efficiency due to heating, but circulation is not required. I’ll inspect things this spring.

There are a series of videos on flexible solar panels put out by RV with Tito. His experience has been good, with just some minor issues with water intrusion which were easily fixed. His oldest panels have been installed for 6 years

https://rvwithtito.com/topics/65
Thanks for the link to RV with Tito...I'll check it out!

Wondering if you (or someone) can tell me how "eternal" Eternabond tape is? If I put it on the roof, and change my mind or want to change location of solar panel, how hard is it to get the tape off?
Old 01-13-2019, 06:14 PM   #43

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:

Wondering if you (or someone) can tell me how "eternal" Eternabond tape is? If I put it on the roof, and change my mind or want to change location of solar panel, how hard is it to get the tape off?
lol, it is REALLY tough to get off. Dont put it someplace you dont want it. Great stuff though.
PS, it can be removed though not real easy with a heat gun or hair dryer
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:26 PM   #44

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Quote:

They mean the Eterna part. But you can get it off