Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2021, 01:07 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Stove igniter

Yesterday after my travels I inspected the propane line, acceptable still so far, and turned the propane back on at the tank. In order to expedite getting gas to the appliances, specifically water heater, I attempted to light the stove burners. No igniter ticking. Visually checked and no spark. I do have a butane stick which I use to light them but would like for igniters to function . Any suggestions or trouble shooting to suggest. I did briefly look underneath it and no obvious issue.

It's a 2 burner propane and single induction unit. No brand markings on it on top. An all in one unit, gas and induction.

EDIT adding; On the bottom says Intertek model TI-2G. I''ll research that but hoping someone has the trick.

Found owner's and installation manual but nothing of help. No battery on this one that I can find.

2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 01:27 PM   #2
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
You may have the battery as described below.
Some units may feature a battery, low voltage connection, or electric adapter for the electric gas
igniter.
1.5 Volt Battery
Insert a DC1 .5V battery into the compartment (see below Fig. 10) and close the cover. This
battery is the power supply for the electronic ignition of gas burners.

Here is the manual. See page 15
https://www.trueinduction.com/True%2...-%20Manual.pdf
Old 12-10-2021, 01:42 PM   #3

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
You may have the battery as described below.
Some units may feature a battery, low voltage connection, or electric adapter for the electric gas
igniter.
1.5 Volt Battery
Insert a DC1 .5V battery into the compartment (see below Fig. 10) and close the cover. This
battery is the power supply for the electronic ignition of gas burners.

Here is the manual. See page 15
https://www.trueinduction.com/True%2...-%20Manual.pdf
Thanks there's no battery compartment I can find underneath. The igniter wire, at least that's what it should be, plug into the bottom towards the back/far side. The wires come from behind and below the stove and go down behind a wood panel. I pulled out the excess wire, about 3' and it connects to 2 white ones which would be a thor supplied power. Everything is in a slide so access isn't readily visible. I did bring my multimeter and those 2 thor white wires have 13v. So stove gets power but isn't using it.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 12-10-2021, 02:38 PM   #4

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Is the igniter control built into the gas knob (like home gas stoves) or is it a separate button? Maybe trace the burner electrodes from the burner backwards - see if they terminate/connect to a small module? The spark module may be mounted behind the panel that the knobs are mounted to.

Our RV stove has the old-school separate "crank-to-spark" igniter... a small step up from a push button clicker on a cheap propane grill.
Old 12-10-2021, 02:53 PM   #5

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Is the igniter control built into the gas knob (like home gas stoves) or is it a separate button? Maybe trace the burner electrodes from the burner backwards - see if they terminate/connect to a small module? The spark module may be mounted behind the panel that the knobs are mounted to.

Our RV stove has the old-school separate "crank-to-spark" igniter... a small step up from a push button clicker on a cheap propane grill.
It's an "all in one" knob. Push to ignite, turn to turn on gas. Without removing and potentially disassembling it, there isn't much to trouble shoot. I'm out of town with it so also didn't bring all my tools. The bottom of the stove unit is sealed across, solid bottom and no access panel close to the igniters. I'll just have to leave it till I get home and add to the list of warranty items.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 12-10-2021, 03:10 PM   #6

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
We have a gas range top in the house that works that way... slight turn of each burner knob fires the igniter. I'll bet there's a module behind the knob panel. First thing I'd suspect is a simple loose wire.
Old 12-10-2021, 08:23 PM   #7

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
We have a gas range top in the house that works that way... slight turn of each burner knob fires the igniter. I'll bet there's a module behind the knob panel. First thing I'd suspect is a simple loose wire.
Before pushing that knob you could hear the ticking. Nothing now. I'll look moire when I get home tomorrow. Can't see any access to any parts from below.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 12-10-2021, 09:45 PM   #8

Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #1592
Check if the white ceramic on the igniter is cracked.If it is you will not get a spark.
Old 12-10-2021, 10:02 PM   #9

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfred View Post
Check if the white ceramic on the igniter is cracked.If it is you will not get a spark.
Thanks, those are good. 2 burners, clean no damages and neither work. Gas does.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ