Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-22-2021, 07:26 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
I weighed my unit on the way home from picking it up from the dealer. So glad that I did. Takes the guessing out of much of it. It's nice to know where your at in the beginning. You CANNOT go buy what the sticker says.
What does your yellow sticker tire pressure for front & rear state; and what did you calculate your yellow sticker tire psi for front & rear should have been?

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 10:07 PM   #22
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
What does your yellow sticker tire pressure for front & rear state; and what did you calculate your yellow sticker tire psi for front & rear should have been?
FWIW my yellow label is OCCC info only. Tire pressure is on the Freightliner Incomplete Chassis and Jayco completion labels. Based on weight my tire pressure is set to 100 front and 105 rear. That is 10 and 5 psi lower than label recommended pressure. Smoother ride with lower pressures.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:14 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
That's why I live in Tennessee. I can go anywhere.
One of two shots, got COVID month later, now have natural immunity.
I will not go anywhere it's required.
If you were born with CV-19 immunity, you have natural immunity. If contracted CV-19 and recovered, you may have acquired immunity. Only CV-19 anti-body test can confirm you have acquired immunity. The are over 70 know coronaviruses that are circulating in humans. How do you know which one you had without a test?
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 12:33 AM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
FWIW my yellow label is OCCC info only. Tire pressure is on the Freightliner Incomplete Chassis and Jayco completion labels. Based on weight my tire pressure is set to 100 front and 105 rear. That is 10 and 5 psi lower than label recommended pressure. Smoother ride with lower pressures.
This makes sense and I could see in your case, although I would think your Freightliner Incomplete chassis would weigh less than the completed chassis, and that the Incomplete Yellow sticker would have tire pressures based on tire Mfg specs unless you happen to have different tires than what was on the original Freightliner Incomplete chassis?

In my case, and why I don't see the buzz on of the weight is because...

1. My Yellow sticker is also based on Incomplete Weight. But it also specified that it is based on Ford; and Ford used Goodyear G670s and they are still on the coach and it says Front & Rear @ 82 psi

2. The absolute lowest pressure for a 24570R19.5G 670 tire based on Goodyear Tire specifications is 80 psi. The maximum is 110.

3. My Occupant & Cargo Carrying Capacity is 2005 pounds, even with Freshwater tank full we don't come close to that, I am gonna say 1,400 lbs max if I was trying to carry everything and the kitchen sink. ( I don't) A typical trip for us is 4 days, 7 days max as we still have to work.

4. Since I was basically forced to buy a TPMS system or stand the risk from being kicked off the forum; I now know that my tires when driving is actually around 95 psi, I know that is not cold pressure, but it is increased pressure nonetheless

So I conclude with Winnebago & Ford Engineering. Ford calculated specs based on incomplete chassis 82 psi, and Winnebago provided me with the Max OCCC of 2005 lbs for my Model 29VE a complete RV. So in a real sense; I got 2 Yellow stickers

So unless I plan to tow something ( I don't) haul gold from Kentucky to Texas ( I won't) Weight is not a factor other than I simply can't say exactly what the front and rear are. I would be hard pressed to believe that Winnebago, Ford, & Goodyear would knowingly know that every owner of my model has a Yellow Sticker with 82 psi as recommended; but that each owner is suppose to know they have to get a weigh to know how much the air pressure really should be. Based on below Tire Specs; I am basically as low as possible; per Goodyear anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	goodyear 245-70r19.5 tire_rating.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	34420  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:14 PM   #25
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
Here are some pictures of the rear axle:
HI....we have since sold our Axis 24.1 in July of this year.... with that said...
the photos of your 'bump stops' are showing that you have a revised bump stop or are on an F53 chassis.
We replaced our bump stops with Sumo Springs which decreased the travel before the bump stops came into play. The ride was much better.

If you are interested in replacing your bump stops...visit the Sumo Spring website and insert your make and model etc to find which Sumo Springs are appropriate for your unit.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:47 PM   #26
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
On my old Class C, I had a major tail dragger. I weighed it and it was well under the limit. I add air bags to level it and then had a front end alignment. The manufacture failed to take care of the suspension after adding the big heavy box on the back. So you maybe ok with the weight as I was.