Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2014, 09:55 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Proper Operation of Side Seals

I've been watching the operation of our two slide out seals (roof and side seals). Sometimes they are laying flat after full extension or retraction but other times there is a part of the seal that is rolled under and not laying flat.

Have other members noted this and is there any opinion about what is the proper operation and position of these seals?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John
Athens, GA

Old 08-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
for what it's worth, mine do the same thing. I don't have an opinion or enough experience to know if this is "correct" or not though.

But, from what i can tell these are really more of a wiper so thus far it hasn't concerned me all that much
As i understand it, the slides seal only when fully in or fully out, so the seals are the face mounted bead strip

They do sell slide seal lubricant, which seems to be nothing more than a dry silcone spray. Actually the one I bought goes on like a foam.
I tried it it on part of one of my slides. I couldn't really tell that it did anything, and further research at more active forums tell me that most experienced folks don't waste tehir time or money on the lube or treatments.

Tags
operation, seal, slide