Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-04-2022, 09:50 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Your inverter is just for 120 volt things. The 12 volt lights, and everything will pull directly from your batteries, CPAP anything 12 volt

Old 06-05-2022, 08:58 PM   #22

State: Missouri
THOR #27049
Isolated or Non-Isolated?

I’m looking to add an Orion DC to DC charger to my 2022 Thor Tellaro. 12V - 30amp.

Does anyone know how the Thor Tellaro system is configured as far as Isolated vs Non-Isolated?

Orion makes two version based upon if the chassis and house battery systems float or share a common ground (how I understand it).

Build in question:
2023 Thor Tellaro 20K
PowerPack but with Generator in place of Alternator.
I’d like to add the 30 amp DC to DC charger off the factory alternator/battery to capture 30amps on the house 460a/h lithiums while driving.

Question is, do I need the Isolated or Non-Isolated version?
Old 08-27-2022, 12:54 PM   #23

State: New York
THOR #26369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
It sounds like you might need to buy a generator. and if you take an AC unit that takes 13+ amp lets just say 15 amps on 200 amps worth of batteries should run 13 hours if nothing else is being used, BUT a 3,000 watt inverter alone draws 25amps on its own from what I looked up so 15 amps plus 25 amps equals 40amps, 200 amp batteries should run 5 hours max
No you don’t need a generator. You need to engage your volt start. This has.been a huge learning curve for me. When we leave our dogs behind I turn on air and make sure emergency brake is on and exit van and double click lock button on fob. You should hear the horn beep twice. The engine will start and engage alternator
Old 07-04-2023, 08:31 PM   #24

State: South Carolina
THOR #27749
Where is the on/off switch on the inverter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnschaefer@att.net View Post
The purpose of this post is to share my experience with the Thor “Reliable” power system now used as standard equipment on Sequence/Tellaro and, I assume, other van-based motorhomes. The system eliminates the propane/gas powered generator. Components of the system include:
- Two 100 amp-hour Lithium ion batteries
- 3000 Watt inverter-charger
- Combimaster Smart Remote control panel
- 180 Amp Alternator on the Promaster engine in addition to standard Alternator
- Balmar battery monitor
Observations
- The system is poorly documented by Thor
- Sales people are clueless regarding system features and use
- RV Dealer service departments have limited experience
- Even Thor’s on-line support offer incorrect troubleshooting advice
My experience:
- Batteries will power the a/c for about three hours before discharge
- Once discharged the inverter-charger shuts down completely
- The batteries will recharge off the engine, but 110V service require inverter reset
- The are two ways to reset the inverter, one is to plug into a 30 Amp power pedestal
- The other is to turn the switch on the inverter-charger “off” and back “on”
- On the 20L, the inverter is under the driver-side bed, requiring the removal of the mattress and the plywood panel underneath (12 or so, screws)
- Shame on Thor for not providing an access panel
This is our third motorhome and the first without a generator. I’m sure we’ll get used to the new power system in time. Now if I can just figure out how to get hot water out of the Truma Combi before sunset I’ll be happy.
Hi could you tell me where the inverter on/off switch is
We have a 23 20L which has a small access panel in side of bed frame opposite fuse box
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5055.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	42671  
Old 08-12-2023, 07:35 PM   #25

Model: Thor Sequence 20L
State: Florida
THOR #23892
800 Ah package

I bought the Reliable add-on for my 2021 Sequence and got the 800 Ah batteries. I've been very happy with it, running the A/C up to 8 hours in fairly warm weather (Florida).
I've run them down to 0% before, and it didn't hurt anything, didn't have to reset anything.
You're right about dealer lack of knowledge about the system. They kept telling me I had a generator and needed to run it.
Old 08-13-2023, 04:46 PM   #26

THOR #27749
Is the 800 Lithium a direct replacement for the 400 or are there extras to apply I want to add Battle Born to My 23 20L
Old 08-13-2023, 08:12 PM   #27

Model: Thor Sequence 20L
State: Florida
THOR #23892
I don't think so, but you might be able to add batteries to yours. I don't know where you could put them. The only problem with mine is that the batteries are mounted in the middle under the van and you have to be careful not to hit them on bumps. They're in heavy steel boxes and I bumped them on a ridge in a parking lot once, but it didn't hurt anything.
I looked at one like yours and the batteries are on top of the rear axle, is that right?
Old 08-13-2023, 08:25 PM   #28

THOR #27749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick F View Post
Hi could you tell me where the inverter on/off switch is
We have a 23 20L which has a small access panel in side of bed frame opposite fuse box
Under Driver side bed 3,000 wat twi batteries under coach not very good ones i hear LOL
Hear Battle born are best