Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2015, 07:41 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Thor Customer Service Response

When we first got our 2015 Vegas I asked Thor for production drawings for Ac, DC, Fresh Water plumbing, and Waste water plumbing. Thor sent me the drawings within three days of my request.

On 15 Oct I asked Thor for any drawings they might have of the 7-way pigtail for the towing hookup. I never heard anything back from Thor. Today I received an email from Bill Stout (Thor Warranty and Technical Support). He apologized for not responding sooner -- they were having a website problem.

I had seen a few threads on the forums from folks who had asked Thor for drawings but hadn't heard anything. Hopefully you should be getting a response soon.

2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:20 PM   #2

Model: ACE 30.2
State: South Carolina
THOR #2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
When we first got our 2015 Vegas I asked Thor for production drawings for Ac, DC, Fresh Water plumbing, and Waste water plumbing. Thor sent me the drawings within three days of my request.

On 15 Oct I asked Thor for any drawings they might have of the 7-way pigtail for the towing hookup. I never heard anything back from Thor. Today I received an email from Bill Stout (Thor Warranty and Technical Support). He apologized for not responding sooner -- they were having a website problem.

I had seen a few threads on the forums from folks who had asked Thor for drawings but hadn't heard anything. Hopefully you should be getting a response soon.
Ed,

I requested diagrams and a component listing a little over a week ago. Today I also received an email from Bill Stout with the information I asked for.
I was wondering why it took them so long but now we know.

Dan

"Be all that you can be!"
Dan9841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:58 AM   #3

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
How did you make the connection with Bill Stout and what information did you have to give him about your coach?

Thanks
Old 11-19-2015, 07:46 AM   #4

THOR #2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
How did you make the connection with Bill Stout and what information did you have to give him about your coach?

Thanks
I went to the Thor website and requested a component list, electrical diagram, and waste/fresh water diagrams. All you do is send them your vin number and they can provided you the drawings. Bill Stout was the person that responded to my email.

Dan

Old 11-19-2015, 12:25 PM   #5

THOR #2601
Metalman -- I did same as Dan. Went to the Thor Motorcoach website. Clicked Owners at the top and sent Thor a customer service request asking a question about the 7-way wiring. Bill Stout send me an email reply.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
Old 11-19-2015, 03:48 PM   #6

Model: Axis 25.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1685
I am having a problem locating the fuse for the 12v Acc/cigarette lighter on my 2015 Thor Axis 25.1. I called Thor support and they emailed me the wiring dia. and fuse panel layout that very day.
Still haven't solved the fuse problem, but I'm working on it.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:38 PM   #7

THOR #2601
Foot Loose -- would you mind posting the fuse panel layout file that Thor sent you. I have an old one that I included in the manual I wrote -- but it would be handy to have something newer. Thanks.
Ed
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
Old 11-20-2015, 01:29 AM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
Ed, you must have been noticed at Thor. I am now on my third request for something very simple and have yet to receive a response saying they have even received my note.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:42 AM   #9

THOR #2601
Guess I'm special.

DocMike sent a cy of the manual I compiled to John Vrydaghs in their warranty division when he was working his transmission cable problem, and John sent me a couple of emails saying how good he thought the manual was and offered a couple of suggestions. I also told Bill Stout in warranty I'd post a thread on the forum letting folks know Thor was having a website problem and that is why they have been late with responses.

Now -- hope I'm special enough with their warranty folks that they approve replacing my stress cracked windshield.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV crack.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1070  
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
Old 11-20-2015, 05:23 PM   #10

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Arizona
THOR #2878
I posted a customer service request on October 5 and still have not heard back
Old 11-20-2015, 09:18 PM   #11

THOR #2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip 500 View Post
I posted a customer service request on October 5 and still have not heard back
Give them a call as a reminder. They will take care of you.

Dan

Old 11-23-2015, 05:17 PM   #12

THOR #2601
The crack in the pic I posted above was taken on 12 Nov. I took the RV in to General RV of Tampa where we purchased it for warranty work. The bottom hinge rivet on the driver's side for the engine hood was sheared. The hinge assembly was really stiff when we did our PDI back in Aug. They greased it and that seemed to help the stiffness. Around Nov 7, I opened the hood to check the oil and noticed the hinge again was really stiff and also noted that the lower hinge rivet had sheared. This is the warranty work I went in to have fixed when they discovered the stress crack in the windshield.

While I was driving over to the dealer (about 30 miles away) there was no crack in the windshield. When the service agent came out to check the RV over before taking it in for the hood hinge, we discovered the crack. It cracked after I had parked in the service check in area.

The dealer called me today to say they didn't like the way the hinge felt (stiffness) and decided to change the entire hinge assembly. The part had come in over the weekend and it was going in the shop today to have it replaced.

They also told me Thor agreed that the crack was a stress crack (from the pix the dealer sent) and the windshield will also be replaced as a warranty item. The windshield was ordered today but I don't have an ETA on when the work will take place. My service rep said the hinge should be finished today or tomorrow but if we want to use the RV (like to go over to Disney), we can come and take it until the windshield comes in.

This posting turned out longer than I had intended, but I wanted to provide more of the detail than probably needed. There are lots of quality control, warranty, and dealer service horror stories on the forum. I just wanted to point out that I'm very pleased and impressed with Thor's response and my dealer's incentive (replacing the hood hinge instead of just replacing the rivet) to take some preventative action regarding what would have surely become a future warranty issue involving the hood hinge. In addition, I thought there was going to be a long finger pointing warranty denial on the cracked windshield.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
Old 11-23-2015, 08:46 PM   #13

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Thanks for the post. It's nice to read positive remarks about Thor. Hopefully both the dealer and Tore will come through for you.