Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2018, 12:40 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
We ordered the Bluetooth upgrade. Installed it today. Took about 10 minutes. Went very smooth and works great. Not sure if holding tanks are reading on the app but everything else seems to be working. Expensive upgrade and not sure it is worth the cost but I like tech stuff and had to have it.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:44 AM   #42

Model: Aria 3901
State: Alabama
THOR #11169
How difficult is the installation? So far I have the jumper cable and they are sending me the module next week.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:34 AM   #43

THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markewelch View Post
How difficult is the installation? So far I have the jumper cable and they are sending me the module next week.

It was very easy. Instructions were passable.?what kind of RV do you have?
Old 11-28-2018, 12:17 AM   #44
LDK

State: Colorado
THOR #13190
Just took our first trip in our 2019 Aria 3901.

The Vegatouch Mira app to control the coach settings from my phone was great. Nice to turn on/off lights or change temp from the comfort of the bed. Nice to be outside and control exterior lights, awning, and slides.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #45

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
Solar power question

Where do I look to determine if my solar panel is charging the batteries and what panel screen do I go to and expect to see. We have the panel that came with the 2018 Palazzo 36.1 but have no information on the solar product.

Thanks
Old 12-15-2018, 02:00 AM   #46

State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck and Mary Ann View Post
Where do I look to determine if my solar panel is charging the batteries and what panel screen do I go to and expect to see. We have the panel that came with the 2018 Palazzo 36.1 but have no information on the solar product.

Thanks
You would have to look at your solar charge controller. Probably in your inverter compartment. The solar does not show up on the wirefly screen.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:17 AM   #47

THOR #13712
What would I look for, is it a meter or panel? There must be something that shows a power feed back to either the house or chassis set?
Old 12-15-2018, 02:37 AM   #48
LDK

State: Colorado
THOR #13190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck and Mary Ann View Post
What would I look for, is it a meter or panel? There must be something that show a power feed back to either the hose or chassis set?
Here is an actual picture of the solar charge controller in my Aria 3901. It is in the same bay as the inverter/charger. I imagine it is the same controller that you have.

See Owners manual section 5.0 Operating Instructions at https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...D3eBp2qVEPPo0M.

Please ask if you have any questions after viewing that section.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180927_145634.jpeg
Views:	271
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	14582
Old 12-15-2018, 03:26 AM   #49

THOR #13712
Thanks for sharing the picture- I found the unit in the Inverter compartment, but as it is 10pm here I would have no charging going on. Thanks for the link as well it should help. We moved up from a 5th wheel to the Palazzo and keep finding unique issues.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:20 PM   #50

THOR #2020
The Firefly Vegatouch Mira application is free through May 29, 2019. I know it is normally only 99 cents but free is better. Even if you can’t use it now but think you might in the future now is the time to download it.

https://buff.ly/2HwzxXS
Old 06-29-2019, 09:18 PM   #51

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Can you (or dealer) install one of these units Firefly Multiplex and Vegas touch etc. to a Thor Coach that does not come with a system already installed?

For example. The 2019 Thor 27b all have Firefly Multiplex installed. The 2018 Thor 27b does not and it is wired with regular switches. If owner of the 2018 wanted the Firefly Installed is it possible? If so; has anyone done.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:29 PM   #52

THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Can you (or dealer) install one of these units Firefly Multiplex and Vegas touch etc. to a Thor Coach that does not come with a system already installed?

For example. The 2019 Thor 27b all have Firefly Multiplex installed. The 2018 Thor 27b does not and it is wired with regular switches. If owner of the 2018 wanted the Firefly Installed is it possible? If so; has anyone done.

Anything is possible (for enough money) but in my opinion it is not feasible. The wiring on the Firefly system all goes direct to the control center. The switches are wireless and the control center serves as a relay to turn the power on and off. You would have to retire all your lights, water pump, etc. to the control center. Really big job.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:38 PM   #53

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
Anything is possible (for enough money) but in my opinion it is not feasible. The wiring on the Firefly system all goes direct to the control center. The switches are wireless and the control center serves as a relay to turn the power on and off. You would have to retire all your lights, water pump, etc. to the control center. Really big job.
Okay, I am never gonna to be able to get me an RV

I found a very nice 2018 that is identical to a 2019 that cost more than what I am willing to pay. But for some reason, I think I would really love the Firefly MultiPlex now that I have seen it inside out. I thought it was long shot but worth the question. I may have to wait until next year's models for depreciation on the 2019 falls into my price range. Thanks for quick response.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 06-29-2019, 09:43 PM   #54

THOR #2020
We have a 2018 that has the Firefly system in it. I’m not sure when Thor started putting it in but I know it was before November 2017 because that is when ours was built. The system is great but more important is to find a floor plan that fits you.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:31 PM   #55

THOR #13058
Quote:
We have a 2018 that has the Firefly system in it. I’m not sure when Thor started putting it in but I know it was before November 2017 because that is when ours was built. The system is great but more important is to find a floor plan that fits you.
If you could have bought your exact same coach in a 2017 with color and every detail the exact same, but the 2017 did NOT have the Firely & wireless app feature for phone and save $8k would you take the 2017?
Old 06-29-2019, 11:34 PM   #56

THOR #2020
Quote:
If you could have bought your exact same coach in a 2017 with color and every detail the exact same, but the 2017 did NOT have the Firely & wireless app feature for phone and save $8k would you take the 2017?

I sure would have. When we went to look at the unit we bought I didn’t know a thing about the Firefly system. I like it a lot but would gladly have saved 8k on a similar unit. But that’s just me.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:41 AM   #57

THOR #13058
Quote:
I sure would have. When we went to look at the unit we bought I didn’t know a thing about the Firefly system. I like it a lot but would gladly have saved 8k on a similar unit. But that’s just me.
I guess I am just a techie type, now that I have seen it, I just think it is awesimous. But agree not worth $8k more. Thus my dilemma

I mean you gain...
AGS which is great for camping, keeping coach cool, and boondocking.
Dimming of lights, Digital readouts AC temps, Voltage etc.
The remote switches that come off the wall
The phone app when you walk up to RV you can start turning lights and things on

Since I now know I can't have this installed in an older model, I will have to keep looking until one with Firefly falls within my opportunistic price range. I have actually quit looking at Winnebagos because they don't have anything like this in their similar models.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:28 AM   #58

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
Quote:
I guess I am just a techie type, now that I have seen it, I just think it is awesimous. But agree not worth $8k more. Thus my dilemma

I mean you gain...
AGS which is great for camping, keeping coach cool, and boondocking.
Dimming of lights, Digital readouts AC temps, Voltage etc.
The remote switches that come off the wall
The phone app when you walk up to RV you can start turning lights and things on

Since I now know I can't have this installed in an older model, I will have to keep looking until one with Firefly falls within my opportunistic price range. I have actually quit looking at Winnebagos because they don't have anything like this in their similar models.
For what it's worth we bought a 2019 over a similarly priced 2018 with the same floor plan. The savings was not significant enough for that '18, so I negotiated an even better deal for the '19. That being said I really love the FireFly, and I'm really glad we have it. So if it's something you really like I say hold out until you find the deal you want on the model you like best.
2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:41 PM   #59

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish and Dear View Post
For what it's worth we bought a 2019 over a similarly priced 2018 with the same floor plan. The savings was not significant enough for that '18, so I negotiated an even better deal for the '19. That being said I really love the FireFly, and I'm really glad we have it. So if it's something you really like I say hold out until you find the deal you want on the model you like best.
Dear Fish , That is exactly what I will try to do.

The 29M would extend in our rear alley by about 6" so it is not a viable option for us. Even if I decide to later use a storage facility, I wish to bring RV home and park in driveway for some periods of time.

But few questions for you on the 29M.

1. Do you ever wish the living area TV was on the driver side wall between the two windows? I worry about have two people sitting at the dinette with back to TV that is on Wall next to Fridge

2. Do you ever find yourself opening slide just because you need to access wardrobe or storage drawers in bedroom? I like the bed not requiring the slide but wonder that you would need to open slide anyway to get stuff.

3. Do you use the Navigation systems? I am a Waze nut, I don't use high dollar Navigation tool in my Navigator in favor of the Social media Wazr on my phone. Since these units do not come with Android Auto etc, I worry about that. I admit entering the coach's dimension is nice, but I wish to know the best route to go and how to avoid the other pitfalls ahead. Waze is very good about re-directing for accidents when possible.
Old 06-30-2019, 03:19 PM   #60

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
Quote:
Dear Fish , That is exactly what I will try to do.

The 29M would extend in our rear alley by about 6" so it is not a viable option for us. Even if I decide to later use a storage facility, I wish to bring RV home and park in driveway for some periods of time.

But few questions for you on the 29M.

1. Do you ever wish the living area TV was on the driver side wall between the two windows? I worry about have two people sitting at the dinette with back to TV that is on Wall next to Fridge

2. Do you ever find yourself opening slide just because you need to access wardrobe or storage drawers in bedroom? I like the bed not requiring the slide but wonder that you would need to open slide anyway to get stuff.

3. Do you use the Navigation systems? I am a Waze nut, I don't use high dollar Navigation tool in my Navigator in favor of the Social media Wazr on my phone. Since these units do not come with Android Auto etc, I worry about that. I admit entering the coach's dimension is nice, but I wish to know the best route to go and how to avoid the other pitfalls ahead. Waze is very good about re-directing for accidents when possible.
#1...the 29M has a large "picture window" over the sofa on the driver, not the 2 windows. I looked at some floorplans with the TV between windows like you mention and did not like that. The TV is securely mounted on the wall shared with the bathroom. There are cabinets on the other side of the TV mount above the toilet. Our mount is quite secure. We have no issues and like how it's not blocking and windows, it's unobtrusive, but located for easy viewing from all but 2 positions in the dinette. Easy viewing for 6 seated people.

2...We are planners. If we expect to need something from those drawers or wardrobe we remove it prior to retracing slide. But we also don't pack those drawers with things typically needed on the road. Mostly skivvies, t-shirts, sweatpants and suck in there. I've not tried to open the wardrobe with the slide in. It mighty kitten but drag the mattress a bit. Also the 29M has an accessible drawer on that side ass well as several cabinets, 2 hanging closets, and 2 drawers on the passenger side in the bedroom. So we never have a reason to open slide just for access. Planning the storage takes care of that.

3...We already had a Garmin RV 770 I like a lot we brought over from our previous rig. I piddled some with the on board navigation, but I decided to do what I had been doing...Garmin, Google Maps street view, and a trucker's atlas. I like to travel with my rear view camera on to keep an eye on the toad or just to watch back there when not towing. For navigation I find that rear camera handy when navigating unfamiliar streets for the final leg of a drive getting into a place. Keeping my nav separate seemed like a good idea.

Too bad the 29M is just 6" too long for you. It's a great floor plan for us. Our must haves included a king bed, full wall slide, fully useable coach with slide retracted, and enough water storage capacity for 3-5 days boondocking, and a floorplan that allowed room for our 2 dogs.
2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3901, aria, firefly, mira, multiplex