Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-30-2017, 12:47 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 31S
State: Florida
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrpt58 View Post
I can relate to the sound system remark above. The Hurricane 29M has the driver/passenger speakers half covered by the overhead bed!! What "engineer" dreamed that up? Also, the front unit is connected to the sofa speakers with no switch to turn them off. So when the driver can finally hear what is coming from his speakers, the people riding behind him are being blown off the sofa by the sound.

I'm figuring on a different system, just haven't got very far on it. Conceptually, I like independent listening systems for the driver and passenger, possibly chair mounted. Then be able to cut in or out the auxillary speakers, with some volume control on them. Not sure how to make this come true, but giving it some thought.

Also doesn't make sense to have a front and rear system that can't be coupled to one sound source.
If you go in to your radio settings and find the fader you can set it so the speakers over the couch can be turned down or off. At least that's how mine worked.

Old 08-30-2017, 01:07 PM   #22

Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #8249
Penguin,
Thanx, I'll give it a look. I haven't been too impressed with the "intuitiveness" of the Axerra in mine. I do have the manual (soft) so I will also give that a better look.
Wrpt58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:05 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrpt58 View Post
I can relate to the sound system remark above. The Hurricane 29M has the driver/passenger speakers half covered by the overhead bed!! What "engineer" dreamed that up? Also, the front unit is connected to the sofa speakers with no switch to turn them off. So when the driver can finally hear what is coming from his speakers, the people riding behind him are being blown off the sofa by the sound.

I'm figuring on a different system, just haven't got very far on it. Conceptually, I like independent listening systems for the driver and passenger, possibly chair mounted. Then be able to cut in or out the auxillary speakers, with some volume control on them. Not sure how to make this come true, but giving it some thought.

Also doesn't make sense to have a front and rear system that can't be coupled to one sound source.
I can control or turn off the rear speakers on my 29m. Speaker volume control is in the settings.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:58 PM   #24

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTR10 View Post
I purchased an Amazon Fire Tv and plugged it into my hdmi switcher and now all my tvs are smart tvs. Less than $40. I did the same thing with my Dish Network reciever and it feeds all my tvs.

Yes that's what I did
Old 03-28-2019, 10:56 AM   #25

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #893
dish receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTR10 View Post
I purchased an Amazon Fire Tv and plugged it into my hdmi switcher and now all my tvs are smart tvs. Less than $40. I did the same thing with my Dish Network reciever and it feeds all my tvs.
can you tell me or provide pics of how you connected Dish receiver to operate on all TVS I have a Thor Hurricane 34 J

thanks
Old 03-28-2019, 12:29 PM   #26

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
...I imagine he is referring to 'splitting' the signal output of the receiver to several TVs, not that the receiver itself is capable of providing multiple signals, as they are not. But, the caveat is also that every TV will also be watching exactly the same thing at the same time... only the primary TV/receiver will be able to change channels.

...if you want each TV to have the option of watching 'what they want' individually, you would have to either a separate portable antenna for each, and each would have to have it's own receiver, or you would have to use a 'home style' manual open-faced antenna, on a tripod or such, to drive up to three separate receivers/TVs individually.
Some portable antennas can also give two outputs, to two receivers, but the second receiver is limited to only different channels on a single Satellite, not all three satellites like the primary receiver has access to, but it can work for some folks.

some coaches have the 'bomb'(box of many buttons) to provide TV signal outputs to each TV separately, and may have a 'Satellite' input, and that may push the signal to each TV, but it would be in SD, even if the receiver was receiving an HD channel signal, as the coax connection can not provide that.

These setups can get a little complicated, depending on what you want to 'do' when watching TV. Because there are really several choices when it comes to the type of tv watching many RVrs want to do, the manufacturers have to find a 'middle ground' and give each 'some' type of reasonable outcome, though it's often something you have to make modifications or changes to, in order to satisfy your RVing style.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:24 PM   #27

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girard89 View Post
can you tell me or provide pics of how you connected Dish receiver to operate on all TVS I have a Thor Hurricane 34 J

thanks
When I purchased my coach, I asked the dealer and Thor MC how to wire my coach for DirecTV. The response was to go wireless. Since the sticks and bricks is wireless, I simply carry the genie and video bridge to the coach when we travel.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 02:47 PM   #28

Model: Palazzo 33.2
THOR #12839
I was helping friend get his brand new 5'r set up for satellite etc. which had 3 different no-name TVs and funky wiring (mix RCA and cheap coax, no HDMI) and I had to laugh when he was hooting and dancing when his outside tv worked even after saying he didn't really care. He had visions of sitting on the beach with a beer in his hand and watching a ball game. I was glad I could help, but failed to get the remote programmed for those funky TVs.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:06 PM   #29

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlgorski View Post
Why do they put in non smart tv's and DVD players. What do they possibly save? I didn't even know you could get these anymore. Really THOR!!!!!!! Just charge $10 more and give us what is up to date for 2018. What a joke. Now I have to buy Smart Devices for my $100K list price RV. SEIKI what the hell brand is that?
All four TV's were LED's and Smart TV's and both DVD players were Blue Ray in the Tuscany, one of the features that checked the box when we were looking

What model are you talking about?