Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2021, 03:26 AM   #21
MSK

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 37.4 Former ACE30
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1590
My wife and I generally use about 1GB per day. We only occasionally stream a movie or some TV but we use a lot of e-mail and a fair amount of browsing. With all of the major plans, once you hit 12-15 gig, they throttle you back to 640kb until the end of the month and that is not enough to do much of anything. After a lot of research I came upon Visible which is owned by Verizon and uses their network. Totally unlimited data and I've gotten a speed of up to 70GB per second, but usually around 25. If you use your phone as a hotspot they throttle you to 5 GB per second but that is enough to do everything that we need. Pricing is $40 per month on the first line and drops by $5 per month for each additional line up to 4 lines. You can only sign up on line.

Old 12-31-2021, 05:08 PM   #22

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
can burn 50 to 100 gigs a month. Streaming is about 1 to 2 g's an hour depending on resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fweezal View Post
I'm sorting things out for our Spring maiden/shake down cruise. I don't want to know about stuff like Mobley, T-Mo ISP, stuff like that. I only want to know: if you are using your cellphone for a hotspot, and stream a relatively conservative amount (some YouTube/Rumble/Roku) with the rest OTA. Add to that a fair amount of regular browsing & email checking. About how many gigs do you use? Please, please, please, do not make this complicated. K.I.S.S. I just want ballpark figures. I know, I know... "It all depends on how much you use." I get that. What I'm asking is for a rough estimate if you are a conservative streamer/Internet user.

Thanks, y'all.
Old 01-01-2022, 01:54 AM   #23

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
60 to 80 gb per month and not worry.
Find a way to do it!
T mobile home $50 month
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 04:03 PM   #24

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
At 10 gig you could burn that up in like 2 streaming movies, we use a Verizon jet pack added to our phones with unlimited data, we stream Netflix,Amazon and when the kids are with us the Xbox almost non stop only issue is mountain areas we loose signal is low spots
Old 01-05-2022, 04:32 PM   #25

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by simidrm View Post
At 10 gig you could burn that up in like 2 streaming movies, we use a Verizon jet pack added to our phones with unlimited data, we stream Netflix,Amazon and when the kids are with us the Xbox almost non stop only issue is mountain areas we loose signal is low spots
Can you run a speed test and post?
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 01-07-2022, 03:14 AM   #26

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
This is on the 4g network and bigger cities have 5G I get 34.7mb download and like .42 upload
Old 01-07-2022, 05:11 AM   #27

THOR #20220
What a shame! We pay all this money for Verizon and most places 4g! Here is the T MOBILE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220107-000932_Chrome.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	35534