Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-23-2018, 05:49 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #7805
Tire Pressure Monitor

Looking at tire pressure monitors. What do you use, if you use one and why did you go with that model?

Thanks

Old 02-23-2018, 12:55 PM   #2

Model: 2016 A.C.E. 30.1
State: South Carolina
THOR #5641
I went with the EEZtire. One of the reason was their warranty and the reviews it received. You can get it with pass thru sensor so you can add air to the tires without taking the senors off, but I went with the regular sensor where you have to remove them to add air. I bought extra sensors so I could add them to my toad, because if one of the tires on my toad went flat I probably wouldn't feel it. I have used it for around 7000 miles now and have't had any problems. I do carry extra batteries with me so when a battery dies I can easily replace it. You can also hard wire the monitor or plug it into a 12v outlet.
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:19 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
I just purchased the EEZtire system and received it 3 days ago. I have not used it as the motor home is covered and we have snow all around us. I bought it because of the ratings and feedback I read on it. Will be using it next month on a trip to Florida.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:51 PM   #4

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
When we got our first RV in 2012 (Montana fiver) we put the TST brand TPMS on. It had flow thru sensors with user changeable batteries. Used that same system on 3 different RVs over a five year period and changed the batteries once. It worked perfectly.

About 3 months ago we ended up with our current RV and toad which required us to go from 6 sensors to 12. It was the same price to buy a whole new TST system and use the old sensors, instead of buying just 6 new sensors at $50 each. Their new larger color monitor works great and you don't have to keep it plugged in all the time, just charge it and it will hold the charge for about a week of use.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:56 PM   #5

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
Joe-FL, do you have any problems with signals from your towed vehicle, did you require a booster?
Old 02-23-2018, 03:45 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
We have the TireMinder TPMS Bluetooth version. We have 10 sensors, and they include a booster to be able to reach the toad and dolly and report them. They have an iOS and Android version of their app which works great even with other apps, notifications appear when there is an event. TireMinder customer service has been great as well. They even have a battery replacement program (for free) for registered users.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:08 PM   #7

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
TST 507, 10 sensors, no booster required, been using it for 5+ years & have changed 5-6 batteries, highly recommended. Just FYI, the Flo through sensors wouldn't work on my dually truck, they were too long to be able to use to inflate.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:01 PM   #8
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
I use the Tire Minder - 10 sensors for rig and toad... got it before they offered the bluetooth version - I would get the bluetooth and use with my phone if I were buying today.
It comes with the booster they state is required. I installed in rearmost basement compartment wired into light power - its on anytime the coach batteries are in 'Use'... It draws about 10ma...
(Since rear camera is also on coach batteries - not likely to drive off towing with the batteries in 'Store'...)

It took a little adjusting of desired pressures to avoid false alerting... Learning where your tires like to be (varies by the speed you drive too...) and setting the unit accordingly can avoid the false alerts.

Been happy with it so far.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:15 PM   #9

Model: 22E
State: Oregon
THOR #10808
EEZTire

As others have said, EEZTire is a good solution. It was easy to set up and works reliably.
By the way, what setting are people using for their temperature alarm? I set mine at 120F, but, apparently that is too low and the alarm went off on a hot day (with no damage to the tires).

2016 Freedom Elite 22E
bgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:03 PM   #10

THOR #7580
We have the EEZTire as well. Worked well last year. Recently having trouble with two sensors. Called the company tech, he advised that they got a bad batch of sensor batteries last year. Suggested replacing the battery in the ones not working. Haven't done that yet, but will in the next couple of days.
Old 02-24-2018, 05:06 PM   #11

Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
THOR #9721
I just invested in the EEZTire TPMS last night. I deliberated over buying this for months. After seeing a few YouTube videos of RVers with their tires blowing out, I felt that this was a sound investment. Even though I have been really good at checking the tire pressures before we move the bus, it would be nice to get immediate feedback while driving to take quicker action before it blossoms into a bigger issue.

https://www.amazon.com/EEZTire-Tire-.../dp/B009BFMUHQ
RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:39 PM   #12

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstone View Post
I just invested in the EEZTire TPMS last night. I deliberated over buying this for months. After seeing a few YouTube videos of RVers with their tires blowing out, I felt that this was a sound investment. Even though I have been really good at checking the tire pressures before we move the bus, it would be nice to get immediate feedback while driving to take quicker action before it blossoms into a bigger issue.

https://www.amazon.com/EEZTire-Tire-.../dp/B009BFMUHQ
A TPMS is one of the “must haves” in my book. It could save your life and your coach. The other is a good surge protector.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #13

Model: Outlaw 38RE
State: Texas
THOR #2145
We purchased the EEZ RV TPMS unit a couple of months now and couldn't be happier... Its installed on a 40ft RV w/ toad... We purchased the repeater/booster but is was not needed since toad registers without it... Setup was a bit tedious & one of the sensors arrived w/ a dead battery... We must have gotten one from the bad batch as well... I contacted their tech support & they were great - even called back several days later to check and make sure all was going good... Safe travels...
2016 Outlaw Josey Wales 38RE #2630
FMCA F455018
crey0517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:40 PM   #14

Model: Palazzo 37.4
THOR #7274
We got the TST-510 through technorv and it has been excellent. Setup was easy and anti theft of the wireless transmitters works well. I sometimes have a little trouble of losing contact with the rear tires due to length and have gotten the repeater which I will install in a basement storage soon.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:21 AM   #15

THOR #7580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanford View Post
We have the EEZTire as well. Worked well last year. Recently having trouble with two sensors. Called the company tech, he advised that they got a bad batch of sensor batteries last year. Suggested replacing the battery in the ones not working. Haven't done that yet, but will in the next couple of days.

Changed batteries, no better. Turns out new batteries were bad. Bought more batteries, problem solved.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #16

THOR #7299
I have had TST 507 for several years...no issues. Just upgraded to the color monitor...love it!
Old 03-02-2018, 02:03 PM   #17

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhamm View Post
Looking at tire pressure monitors. What do you use, if you use one and why did you go with that model?

Thanks
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Carchet RV TPMS $200 Solar powered, six sensors

Here what I bought, works very well and I didn't need the booster!