Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2017, 02:05 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
THOR #6874
Grey water sensors.

First trip with my challenger 37YT and already starting a new list

Grey water reads full on the forward tank, even though my wife showered just one fast one.
Opened grey valve, not a lot came out, still reads full.
Grey valve also leaks.

Also found the framing, holding the brackets where the kitchen drawers go, are broke.

And this was just the first day. I've owned this thing for 13 weeks, dealer has had it for 11.

Lordy this thing is gonna be the death of me.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:40 AM   #2

Model: Aria 3901
State: Florida
THOR #6952
It is normal to have issues and I recommend taking your MH out for a night or two several times to make your list. Schedule an appointment with your dealer and get them fixed. Once you get the new RV issues fixed you will have the experience you wanted when you bought it. We love our Challenger but had issues with the water heater leaking, steps not working, cab air vents not hooked up to the a/c, and storage compartments doors that would not close properly. We added to the list every overnight trip until we could schedule the appt and get them fixed. This weekend is our first outing after the dealer made the repairs. Wish us luck
Old 06-14-2017, 10:55 AM   #3

THOR #6874
Oh for sure. Good luck and happy travels !
Old 06-16-2017, 10:17 AM   #4

THOR #6874
called Thor and low and behold they screwed things up with the waste water system.
in the front compartment you have two valves, a black one with a 3" pipe hooked to it and a grey one with what looks to be inch and a half....they are tied to a common discharge...i found out BOTH are grey water...even the large one with a black handle.
in the aft bay is another 3" black valve....that's the black water, no grey line to flush the hose and it's even angled so that my hose connect won't hook up..so i have to make a fitting so i can empty it, and then i'm cutting that garbage out so i can wash the hose...other than that, the trip went well and i managed almost 7 mpg towing the jeep...all and all i do think things will get better with this coach.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:29 PM   #5

State: Alabama
THOR #6466
Check to make sure the black fitting swivels (or doesn't). Common mistake for new Vegas/Axis owners is they don't realize the dump fitting swivels and go through all sorts of gyrations to hook up a hose.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:59 PM   #6

THOR #6874
I'll go check now.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:11 PM   #7

THOR #6874
Nope, don't swivel.

I called Thor( I expect them to block me soon) and ask the tech what I was suppose to do.
His answer floored me. He said " cut at larger hole where the access hole is now ". SAY WHAT ? I asked him if he was one of the mentally challenged designers of this system. ( gets their attention every time !).
He said to take it back to General. I said it's 75 miles away and I'd like to take a 2nd trip this year.
I asked this: on the bottom of the tank where the 3" pipe goes in, it has a large clamp, it has a substance that squeezed out when clamped down, was it glue or sealer ? He said if it's yellow it's glue. I said it's while and fairly soft. He said, we don't use sealer.

So I told him I'm taking to to a repair shop close and I'll be sending him the bill.

He said they're not Thor approved.
I told him they were $85 per hr compared to generals $149 per hr.

When I'm able to empty the tank I'm going to try to loosen up that band and turn the whole shabang.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:09 PM   #8

THOR #6874
I loosened the band and tried to turn the pipe, no go. Will have the RV repair shop uptown take it all out and replace it the way it should've been to start with. Will send the bill to Thor.