Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2019, 03:36 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
My 2020 Magnitude came with the Winegard ConnecT 2.0 and there was a lot of confusion as to whether the Unlimited Plan would work with it or whether it had to be the one labeled TOGO even though it is 99% identical to the Winegard ConnecT 2.0.

I almost purchased the TOGO to swap out the unit that came with my coach to get the Unlimited Plan but fortunately I was able to get my unit to work with the Unlimited Plan.

I am bummed that I will only have the plan for a year but I am glad I did not spend $400 to swap out the unit on my coach when I didn't have to and then find out the plan was going away.

Old 12-19-2019, 03:38 PM   #22

State: Texas
THOR #16550
I agree. I bought the Togo specifically because of the unlimited data plan. What a bait and switch.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:38 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
State: Indiana
THOR #17690
My nephew checked on the Togo unit and was told AT&T was no longer offering the unlimited data plan after Jan 2020. I just purchased a unit and it and the replacement will not connect. Winegard support is like calling Amazon but with less than adequate support. I have given up on white bubble all together.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:15 PM   #24

Model: Quantum RW28
THOR #15031
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
We recently bought the Togo and the ATT plan. I feel scammed. We bought a $400 device to use for years with a plan that had zero indication of a termination. I have requested a refund from Togo for the unit.
Understand that it was not Thor or Winegard cancelling the plan but AT&T. RVers should band together and all cancel their AT&T services/phones.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:34 AM   #25
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpiercemagic View Post
Understand that it was not Thor or Winegard cancelling the plan but AT&T. RVers should band together and all cancel their AT&T services/phones.
Nope, not cancelling my $22 Mobley plan - I will milk it for all it's worth.

Also not cancelling my wife's and mine Prepaid AT&T phone plans with 16 Gb/month rollover, tetherable data each for $70 combined.

When/if AT&T screws with those plans I will move to something better but for now they work best for us.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 12:49 AM   #26

Model: 25.3
THOR #16640
As with all the user plans from major carriers the come and go rather regularly. I really like the ToGo unit and it works well. I will hope that one of the major carriers will come out with a usable plan by September next year when mine expires.
Current Coach - 25.3 Vegas - TOGO RoadLink C2 -
Previous Coach - American Tradition 42P
Dsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 12:21 PM   #27

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreWinegardShit View Post
My nephew checked on the Togo unit and was told AT&T was no longer offering the unlimited data plan after Jan 2020. I just purchased a unit and it and the replacement will not connect. Winegard support is like calling Amazon but with less than adequate support. I have given up on white bubble all together.

Did you go to this website and enter your IMEI from the modem and the ICCID from the SIM card and then create and activate your account?

https://www.att.com/plans/connected-car/togo-roadlink/

I have the Winegard ConnecT 2.0 and once I purchased a pre-piad AT&T SIM card and did this it activated and connected and it works like a champ!

The Togo unit should already have the AT&T SIM card in it but you can get two of them on Amazon for $8.

You have until mid-January to activate the $360 Plan.
Old 01-02-2020, 02:55 PM   #28

Model: 2019 Freedom Elite 30FE
State: New York
THOR #16600
Quote:

Togo went to market with a product specifically designed around a particular plan and did not have the provider of that plan locked in for a reasonable duration. I am assuming ATT pulled out when they saw the impact to the network. ATT apparently had the option to do that because of a weak or non-existent contractual obligation with Togo. The unintended consequence for Togo is that this now becomes a bait and switch scam. The blame is squarely on Togo.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:19 PM   #29
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Togo went to market with a product specifically designed around a particular plan and did not have the provider of that plan locked in for a reasonable duration. I am assuming ATT pulled out when they saw the impact to the network. ATT apparently had the option to do that because of a weak or non-existent contractual obligation with Togo. The unintended consequence for Togo is that this now becomes a bait and switch scam. The blame is squarely on Togo.
I agree with everything you wrote except for the "impact on the network". I am sure the Mobleys have a much larger impact on the AT&T network and in the big scheme of things, it's still probably not even a blip. AT&T did this to increase profit on a "wealthy customer" section of their market.

Based of the "if you can afford an RV and to buy a TOGO then you can afford to pay more for Internet" philosophy.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 03:30 PM   #30

THOR #16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
I agree with everything you wrote except for the "impact on the network". I am sure the Mobleys have a much larger impact on the AT&T network and in the big scheme of things, it's still probably not even a blip. AT&T did this to increase profit on a "wealthy customer" section of their market.

Based of the "if you can afford an RV and to buy a TOGO then you can afford to pay more for Internet" philosophy.
Yeah, I don't really know the reason why, just parroting what others have said. Unfortunately I think what you mentioned is probably closer to the truth which makes the Togo deal smell worse.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:17 PM   #31

THOR #16640
Unfortunately ALL cellular service providers are the same. They build great plans and then change them up. The TOGO is a decent device (IMO) and works as it should in both WiFi extender and cellular, as long as it is “unlocked” we have the ability to switch to the best plans that are available at the moment. It would have been nice to get more than 12 months from ATT but will start looking for the plan for me in the upcoming months.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:40 PM   #32

Model: Quantum RW28
THOR #15031
Quote:
I totally disagree with you on this. For it to be a bait and switch scam you would need to show intent and I don't think it was Togo or Wineguards intent to scam customers for one year. It was poor business practices for not signing AT&T to a multi year contract. The blame is squarely on AT&T.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:43 PM   #33

THOR #16600
Quote:
I totally disagree with you on this. For it to be a bait and switch scam you would need to show intent and I don't think it was Togo or Wineguards intent to scam customers for one year. It was poor business practices for not signing AT&T to a multi year contract. The blame is squarely on AT&T.
How is it not Togo's problem if "It was poor business practices for not signing AT&T to a multi year contract"

Characteristic of bait and switch:
Fails to meet anticipated demand for the bait without disclosing the bait’s limited availability in the ad.

Of course I am not an attorney, just some guy bitching on the internet.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:30 AM   #34

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsweet View Post
Unfortunately ALL cellular service providers are the same. They build great plans and then change them up.
Exactly..... sounds like cable companies doesn't it?

In some ways the two are related. People are now cutting the cord because the cable companies continued to change their offerings and with it the pricing went through the roof.

Now more and more people are using the Internet for watching regular TV, movies, etc. and dropping cable (just like most dropped the land line once cell phone use became wide-spread).

Now as people become more mobile, they are using their cellular data plans to stay connected and the cellular companies are falling into the same trap as the cable companies.

Once 5G becomes more wide-spread, my hope is I could dump my cable and internet access at home and just have one data plan I could use at home or on the road for Internet, TV and movies.

Of course... that means a new Winegard unit will have to come out supporting 5G.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:04 PM   #35

Model: 2020 Windsport 35M
State: Georgia
THOR #18656
Ok, so it sounds like the unit boosts wifi from a existing source and gets the free digi tv channels and you dont need the plan unless you want internet on the fly (Hotspot)...am I in the right ball park??

John
BulletproofPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:26 PM   #36

THOR #16640
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletproofPJ View Post
Ok, so it sounds like the unit boosts wifi from a existing source and gets the free digi tv channels and you dont need the plan unless you want internet on the fly (Hotspot)...am I in the right ball park??

John
The unit (TOGO ) has nothing g to do with free tv. It is a WiFi hotspot ( with appropriate plan) or can connect to a existing WiFi signal and broad cast inthe Coach. It does that very well.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:00 PM   #37

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletproofPJ View Post

John

You are correct. It includes an HDTV antenna so you get free over-the-air HDTV.

You don't need to purchase the HotSpot plan if you don't want to but you can use it as a router to connect to the Camp WiFi and it will boost the signal.

I really like it personally and am glad Thor is making them standard on a lot of coaches.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:46 PM   #38

THOR #16550
At&t

Quote:
How is it not Togo's problem if "It was poor business practices for not signing AT&T to a multi year contract"

Characteristic of bait and switch:
Fails to meet anticipated demand for the bait without disclosing the bait’s limited availability in the ad.

Of course I am not an attorney, just some guy bitching on the internet.

My unlimited contract is up in October. You can bet I am going to be streaming the crap out of Youtube TV, Amazon, Netflix and Hulu on all 3 of my TVs until then. I think Ill even leave it on for the dogs when we leave.