Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2019, 04:12 AM   #1
LDK

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Colorado
THOR #13190
Togo Roadlink C2 - AT&T Unlimited Data Plan

Just reading about the Togo Roadlink C2 and the AT&T $30 per month Unlimited Data Plan that is available with it.

I understand the hardware is essentially the Winegard Connect 2.0 4G LTE.

Has anyone checked to see if that same AT&T unlimited plan deal could be made available to those of us where the Winegard Connect 2.0 4G LTE came standard with our Thor RV? I plan to contact Thor to check.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #2
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDK View Post
Just reading about the Togo Roadlink C2 and the AT&T $30 per month Unlimited Data Plan that is available with it.

I understand the hardware is essentially the Winegard Connect 2.0 4G LTE.

Has anyone checked to see if that same AT&T unlimited plan deal could be made available to those of us where the Winegard Connect 2.0 4G LTE came standard with our Thor RV? I plan to contact Thor to check.
I’d call AT&T directly...
Didn’t have to buy a Mobley from them to get that deal (which I still have)... I expect if the equipment is compatible, they will take your money...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:29 PM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.5
THOR #12686
The TOGO uses a SIM card to access the data. The Winegard Connect2 does not have the capability to use the SIM. The TOGO also works like the Connect2 to boost existing wifi signals from campground, etc. But the great part is, using the SIM with data plan, you can't beat $360 per year for unlimited data. So, the real answer to your question would be "no", you can't add a data plan to the Connect2. You could call Wingard to see if they may be introducing an upgrade kit that would add a SIM card slot, and software/firmware to run it. The TOGO is $400 from Wingard, $389 0n Amazon with no tax outside of Alabama and no shipping charge if using Prime (may have free shipping without Prime, I'm not sure).
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:35 PM   #4

THOR #12686
Now that I think about it, the new Wingard with 4G being installed on 2020 models may actually be the TOGO. Thor introduced it on some 2020 models before the official TOGO name was used. If that's the case, then your all set. You just need to determine if yours has that SIM card.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:47 PM   #5

THOR #12686
This is the best video out there so far regarding the TOGO. If yours looks like this with the SIM slot he shows, just follow this video using the 2 apps, purchse the data on the app and you, my friend have full, unlimited wifi. It is soooo worth it. They also have the $25 plan for 5gb of data if all you need is basic internet and email. Using it to stream and watch TV would eat 5gb in no time. That plan is basically pay each month as needed.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...A&&FORM=VRDGAR
Old 08-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #6
LDK

Model: Aria 3901
State: Colorado
THOR #13190
Thank you all.

Yes my Winegard supports 4G LTE service via sim card from either AT&T or Verizon. I am using AT&T. From what I can tell, this deal is tied to the sim card that comes with the Togo device.

I tried to get a similar deal last year from ATT, and they said the device had to be a tablet. That it would not work with the Winegard.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:25 PM   #7

THOR #12686
TOGO is actually a partnership company comprised of Thor Industries and Tourism Holdings. They partnered with Wingard for the platform and with AT&T for the data plan. So, the $360 data plan is only for TOGO specific. But, if I were you, I would contact AT&T again and see if they will match the price for your data plan to avoid having to pay another $400 for a new unit. Worse they can say is "no". Insist on speaking to a supervisor or Promotions Rep.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:49 PM   #8

Model: 32.1 ACE
State: Texas
THOR #14323
Compatible car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDK View Post
Thank you all.

Yes my Winegard supports 4G LTE service via sim card from either AT&T or Verizon. I am using AT&T. From what I can tell, this deal is tied to the sim card that comes with the Togo device.

I tried to get a similar deal last year from ATT, and they said the device had to be a tablet. That it would not work with the Winegard.

ATT is asking what vehicle I would be connecting with Sounds like you need Onstar or something similar.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:04 AM   #9
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbwilli1 View Post
ATT is asking what vehicle I would be connecting with Sounds like you need Onstar or something similar.
Shouldn’t need Onstar or similar... The service is intended for RV’s...
My guess is they want to avoid what happened with Mobleys. That was sold as ‘Connected Car’, but didn’t take long for people to figure out the Mobley didn’t need a car, and the $20/month was a great deal.
I still have/use the Mobley, or I would be looking at this deal too.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:03 AM   #10

Model: 26HE
State: Alabama
THOR #12744
I recently purchased the TOGO. I didn't have to talk to anyone at AT&T to get it set up. You can buy data through the Winegard app or go to att.com/togo. I had to enter the IMEI number of the device as well as the ICCID number on the SIM card before logging into the website. My guess is that this is how they are limiting who can get the plan. I'm guessing Winegard provides a list of IMEIs that qualify for this specific plan.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:44 PM   #11

Model: 25.3
THOR #16640
Just purchased a 25.3 Vega with the Winegard TOGO Roadlink C2 installed. when setting it up the system crashed and now has the login locked up. When calling AT&T there does not seem to be anyone that has knowledge of the "AT&T Connected RV Annual Unlimited Plan" which is a yearly $360 payment. If anyone has a contact for this plan please post it.
The unit works well as a wifi extender and I feel being mounted on the roof it will be a great 4G LTE device.
Current Coach - 25.3 Vegas - TOGO RoadLink C2 -
Previous Coach - American Tradition 42P
Dsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:32 PM   #12

THOR #12744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsweet View Post
Just purchased a 25.3 Vega with the Winegard TOGO Roadlink C2 installed. when setting it up the system crashed and now has the login locked up. When calling AT&T there does not seem to be anyone that has knowledge of the "AT&T Connected RV Annual Unlimited Plan" which is a yearly $360 payment. If anyone has a contact for this plan please post it.
The unit works well as a wifi extender and I feel being mounted on the roof it will be a great 4G LTE device.
During the setup you had to use the phone app. Did you change the password? If not, it is printed on the paperwork. If you can't login, you might have to contact Winegard support. There is a process that involves resetting the unit. In advanced options of the app there is a reset button. It sets everything back defaults.

There is also button that says "buy data" in the app. It links to an ATT account setup page.

Make sure you are connected to the Winegard network when trying to use the app.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:38 PM   #13

THOR #12744
By the way... the ICCID number that you'll be asked for when buying the data is printed on the SIM card. It's a 20 digit number. You'll have to go up on the roof with a philips screwdriver to get that number unless they actual thought to put it on your paperwork. You might also want to bring a magnifier. It's a tiny number.

The IMEI number should be on the Winegard paperwork.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:38 PM   #14

Model: Windsport 27B
State: Tennessee
THOR #14933
TOGO Roadlink C2 range from RV

Does anyone know what the range or distance from the RV that you can access your wifi network using this device?
Old 09-21-2019, 07:15 PM   #15

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgscooter View Post
Does anyone know what the range or distance from the RV that you can access your wifi network using this device?
The book says 500 ft for 2.4 Ghz signal and 200 ft for 5 Ghz. These wave lengths are adsorbed or reflected by most everything so your results will very.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:42 AM   #16

THOR #16640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsweet View Post
Just an update to my installation . I was able to contact the RV Data department at 800-331-0500 asking for “mobility Air Stream”, they could not clear up the error but were able to delete the account that had been set up and had my unit locked to that account. At that point I was able to replace the SIM card and set up a new account on a computer using the url byasession.att.com.
This set up went normally and the device works great. Took much patience but was worth it for the price of the plan for unlimited data.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:47 AM   #17

THOR #16640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
The book says 500 ft for 2.4 Ghz signal and 200 ft for 5 Ghz. These wave lengths are adsorbed or reflected by most everything so your results will very.
I am currently use it the system I the RV inside my house. Approximately 350-400 ft away through the walls of the house. I Amon the opposite side of the house from the RV.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:36 PM   #18

THOR #12744
Thumbs down TOGO Data Plan Change for 2020

Just saw this update to the ATT plan for the TOGO. It's not good news. To sum it up. ATT determined that the $360 a year unlimited plan was not sustainable due to the way RVer's were using it. The plan goes away in 2020. The TOGO will be unlocked to work on all carriers and plans are basically the typical horrible data plans that all other devices can get.

Those of us with a current unlimited plan will not be able to renew and keep unlimited. It's now my intention to use it almost exclusively until the timer runs out! It's BS but I'm not really surprised.

Old 12-19-2019, 02:35 AM   #19

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
That is a bummer!!!

I just got my Winegard ConnecT 2.0 on the unlimited AT&T Plan. Oh well.... at least I have it for the next 12 months.
Old 12-19-2019, 02:51 PM   #20

Model: 2019 Freedom Elite 30FE
State: New York
THOR #16600
We recently bought the Togo and the ATT plan. I feel scammed. We bought a $400 device to use for years with a plan that had zero indication of a termination. I have requested a refund from Togo for the unit.