Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2016, 09:05 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Get Construction Drawings from Thor

I'd like to reiterate in a separate thread what several Thor Owners have recommended (especially to newbies). Contact Thor Customer Service (https://thormotorcoach.com/motorhome-owners-resources/) and go to the Contact Customer Service button. Fill out the information form. Be sure to include your make, model, floorplan, and VIN.

Ask Thor for the following for your VIN: fresh water layout, sewer layout, sewer termination drawing, electric schematic, coach harness, battery schematic, rear and side plan showing location of the wall studs, dash radio harness, radio pigtail.

Thor will send you an email with each of those construction schematics in PDF format. They'll show you where the low point drains are located, what connects to the black & gray tanks, how the wire harnesses are routed, where the metal studs in the wall are located, how the batteries are wired, etc. These drawings will tell you a host of important information on your specific coach.

2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
When you receive those technical drawings from Thor please respect their copyright notice on the bottom of each and do not copy or further distribute them, to include posting on this or other forums, without Thor's express written permission. Doing so may cause Thor to deny access to future owners and place you at risk of legal action. Thor provides these as a service to owners of the coach and other manufacturers do not provide this service and when requested they will tell you they are provided to authorized service centers only.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:59 PM   #3

Model: Chateau 23U
State: California
THOR #1490
I filled out all the information on their web site nothing. But I decided to call customer service. supplied all the information about the coach and vin number, they E mailed everything I wanted within an hour.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:03 AM   #4

Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
That's good to know. When I bought my 2016 Synergy my selling dealer wished me "good luck" in getting that kind of info from Thor. Maybe things have changed so I will give it a try in a day or three.

Thanks!
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:14 AM   #5

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Louisiana
THOR #2095
I recently did this and received the requested drawings in just a couple of days.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:09 AM   #6

Model: Axis 25.3
THOR #2526
Just sent my request in now.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:28 PM   #7

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
When you receive those technical drawings from Thor please respect their copyright notice on the bottom of each and do not copy or further distribute them, to include posting on this or other forums, without Thor's express written permission. Doing so may cause Thor to deny access to future owners and place you at risk of legal action. Thor provides these as a service to owners of the coach and other manufacturers do not provide this service and when requested they will tell you they are provided to authorized service centers only.
yeah, prob a good point.

I requested the drawings several different times and was told often "they just don't have any"... yes, they seemed to be saying it with a straight face....

Ultimately, I did get a few drawings, but not everything I wanted.

Regardless, what they ended up sharing were interesting but not much use.... not much more than schematic sketches. There's no doubt they have more that they weren't sharing.

For example, electrical schematics. I received some basic logic sketches showing rough locations of outlets and such.... but not useful for tracing and troubleshooting...I'm told they don't have any.
I call BS.
an assumption, but they surely have something that they use to make up the wire harnesses.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:20 AM   #8

Model: Axis 25.3
THOR #2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
Just sent my request in now.
Received them the next day and got a call from Tech Support to follow up with me. Also the drawings are specific to my build. When they make changes for Axis from time to time (group of units) it is reflected in the documents.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:59 PM   #9

Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
Request for drawings

OK. I emailed a request to Thor Customer Care for drawings for my Synergy and we'll see just how long it takes them to reply!

Regards,
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:57 PM   #10

Model: Palazzo 35.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #2831
Hmmm.... Bob Pierson at THOR Customer Service answered my request for the drawings by telling me they are available on the website under the "owners" tab. Sorry, no they are not, none there for the 2014 35.1. Various 33 models and a 36.1, but not the 35.1.

Waiting for his reply to that.
BlueOx tow system
bandorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #11

Model: Outlaw 38RE
State: Texas
THOR #2145
Good Afternoon -

I submitted a request and after a couple of weeks heard nothing back -

So, while I was talking with the warranty folks about an issue I was having I happened to mention that I had requested drawings via their web site but had not received anything -

I was asked what I wanted - he suggested that I might want some additional, so I told him I'd take his recommendations and Voilŕ - in my inbox they appeared -

I can't say enough great stuff about Thor's customer service when I have contacted them!
2016 Outlaw Josey Wales 38RE #2630
FMCA F455018
crey0517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:03 PM   #12

THOR #2601
When asking for the drawings, use the owners request form on Thor's website. It is important to provide the year, model, and VIN -- because they do make changes during every model year. By providing them your VIN it ensures you get the drawings with any mods they made to your specific build.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
Old 04-30-2016, 12:50 PM   #13

Model: Palazzo 35.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #2831
Ed, that is the form I filled out. The response I received is what I posted above. There are no drawings/documents for a 2014 Palazzo 35.1 on the owners or owners resources tab. Waiting to hear back from Mr. Pierson
BlueOx tow system
bandorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:19 PM   #14

THOR #2601
I've never found any drawings on line at the Thor website. Thor always emailed them to me. I've gotten 14 individual files for electrical, structural, fresh water, and sewer systems. Some of the files had up to 5 separate drawings. Hopefully Thor will answer your request.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
Old 04-30-2016, 01:46 PM   #15

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #3552
This is the response I finally got from Thor. I intend to travel to Baja next winter and I hope that is a good enough reason to get the drawings. Seems like it would be in Thor's best interest to distribute the drawings because it could save them warranty service calls. I have already fixed a number of small items and the drawings might allow me diagnose and fix more.

Quote:
James

Hello, could you give us what problem you are currently experiencing.. we do not send out complete print packs for units but we will send out a print applicable to a problem at that time…

Thanks..
Old 04-30-2016, 02:56 PM   #16

Model: Hurricane 32N
State: Virginia
THOR #3801
Provided Schematics Accurate to VIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
When asking for the drawings, use the owners request form on Thor's website. It is important to provide the year, model, and VIN -- because they do make changes during every model year. By providing them your VIN it ensures you get the drawings with any mods they made to your specific build.
Even when Thor is provided the specific VIN, the schematics may not be 100% accurate. As we purchased our Hurricane 32N in March, Thor provided us the requested PDF schematics - which showed a black water flush system. However, when we picked up the rig and went through the dealer's briefing, we could not find the black water flush system (shown on the schematics). We are still trying to work out an equitable solution between Thor and the dealer.

One question will remain: How was our unit sold without a system when the schematics for that unit show the system as being installed (i.e., not tagged as optional). It makes one wonder what other components may have been missed.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:36 PM   #17

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
All their schematics say "subject to change" and believe me they change a lot.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:35 PM   #18
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemitebob View Post
All their schematics say "subject to change" and believe me they change a lot.
None of mine say subject to change but all of them have a revision history to include listing what was changed, the date of the change and initials of the person making the change.

For what they are and for my coach I find them relatively accurate and somewhat useful.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:30 AM   #19

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
None of mine say subject to change but all of them have a revision history to include listing what was changed, the date of the change and initials of the person making the change.

For what they are and for my coach I find them relatively accurate and somewhat useful.
I used to be a cartographer, whenever revision dates and remarks where printed - means the same as "subject to change" the earlier just sounds better I also find them extreamly helpful, and for the most part up to date.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:13 AM   #20

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #3186
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinegan View Post
Even when Thor is provided the specific VIN, the schematics may not be 100% accurate. As we purchased our Hurricane 32N in March, Thor provided us the requested PDF schematics - which showed a black water flush system. However, when we picked up the rig and went through the dealer's briefing, we could not find the black water flush system (shown on the schematics). We are still trying to work out an equitable solution between Thor and the dealer.

One question will remain: How was our unit sold without a system when the schematics for that unit show the system as being installed (i.e., not tagged as optional). It makes one wonder what other components may have been missed.
You have to be kidding, right? The drawings are not specific to your vin #. You actually brought this up with Thor and your dealer. You don't think that Thor has the right to change specifications at anytime? You've never seen such a disclaimer? Read the brochure, at the end.

Actual builds often differ from the drawings. For important very expensive projects a set of As built drawings will be produced. I don't think Thor is going to produce as builts for each motorhome built. I think they probably make many changes all the time.

I'm apologize and I am sorry for this post but really...