RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-23-2018, 01:25 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Ladybug's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum
State: Georgia
Posts: 13
THOR #11726
Unhappy Window Screen clips

We have a new (to us) 2017 Thor Quantum. Found that one of the window screens is missing a clip to hold it in the frame. We cannot find any replacements anywhere on the internet. We went to Camping World, and was told they could order them for us, but it would probably be $30 for one clip due to minimum order fees and shipping fees. Does anyone know where we can get the small black clips that hold the screens?
__________________

__________________
Ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:12 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
DenverTransplant's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
Posts: 388
THOR #5190
Try Peland enterprises - https://www.pellandent.com

They have all sorts of screen and window parts
__________________

__________________
Rick
2017 Thor ACE 30.1
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:13 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
wayneroe's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
Posts: 371
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
We have a new (to us) 2017 Thor Quantum. Found that one of the window screens is missing a clip to hold it in the frame. We cannot find any replacements anywhere on the internet. We went to Camping World, and was told they could order them for us, but it would probably be $30 for one clip due to minimum order fees and shipping fees. Does anyone know where we can get the small black clips that hold the screens?
I had the same issue. The dealer had to order them from Thor. Mine, fortunately, was still under warranty, but I had them order some extras for me just in case I lose some - they fall out easily if you open the screen.
__________________
Wayne & Jo Roe
Retired USAF
Thor ACE 30.3
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:02 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Ladybug's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum
State: Georgia
Posts: 13
THOR #11726
Tried Pelland, but no luck.
Thanks for the tip!
__________________
Ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:04 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Ladybug's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum
State: Georgia
Posts: 13
THOR #11726
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
I had the same issue. The dealer had to order them from Thor. Mine, fortunately, was still under warranty, but I had them order some extras for me just in case I lose some - they fall out easily if you open the screen.
What dealer are you using? Maybe i can get help from them!
__________________
Ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
wayneroe's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
Posts: 371
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
What dealer are you using? Maybe i can get help from them!
Byerly RV in Eureka, MO. Two of those clips were missing from one screen when we got the new RV - we didn't notice until our first weekend trip, it should have been caught on the PDI. I took it in to the dealer when we got back because of a couple of other bigger issues found on that first trip and they ordered the clips from Thor and installed. Then on another trip, after we got our mobile satellite dish and didn't have the mod yet so we could run the satellite through the outside cable port, I opened the screen so I could run the coax through the window. One of the clips fell out and went down inside the cabinet where the TV retracts into the kitchen counter and I couldn't reach it to get it out. When I took it back for some more work, I had them order several of the clips for me so I always have some extras. They didn't seem to have any problem getting them from Thor.
__________________

__________________
Wayne & Jo Roe
Retired USAF
Thor ACE 30.3
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×