Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-31-2023, 12:16 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #28896
Winegard support instructed me to click the reset button for 180 seconds.

Sadly, I could not locate a reset button, even after removing the dome, and the reset hole was aligned only with what appears to be a USB port.

So I disconnected all power sources within the dome for 180 seconds, but the issue persists.

Old 10-17-2023, 04:01 PM   #42

State: Texas
THOR #31082
Winegard Connect 2.0 Keeps Dropping Connection

Hi everyone,

I'm having some issues with my Winegard Connect 2.0 and I'm hoping someone in the Thor Motor Coach community can help me out.

The problem is, the connection(WiFi) from the unit keeps dropping and doesn't restore until I cut power from breaker, disconnect battery switch and wait 30s and reverse process. Even then, the unit only remains connectable for only a few minutes. While it's up and running, I am able to connect my devices and appears to be doing okay. It's hasn't been connected long enough for me to test anything serious or get any work done to know for sure if speeds are in "normal" ranges, but everything connects. Once it goes down, I am unable to reconnect to the Winegard device and can only regain connectivity by following the previously mentioned steps. I've search all over the internet for help and usually only find people replying with something along the lines of "it's a weak mobile carrier signal" or something to that nature.

With that said...

- I've reset the home(brick and mortar) router and WiFi(even though devices connected directly to them had no issues)
- I've checked and updated Winegards firm/software for both the device and modem.
- I have strong reliable WiFi for the unit to connect to.
- I have a T-Mobile SIM card as a back-up source of connectivity.
- Weather conditions vary, but otherwise nothing I feel like would cause any issues(overheating, extreme winds, excessive moisture).
- I've tested the single connectivity(just WiFi or SIM), the dual(both WiFi & SIM) and the best available where it chooses the best connection available and makes the necessary changes automatically.

The only things I haven't done is to restore factory setting by using the button on the device itself.

The device is new and resides on a 2023 Thor Motor Coach Geneva. I've had minimal issues with the Winegard device until just a few days ago. I was even considering upgrading and expanding to the 360 5g and starlink capable models soon, but now I'm not so sure.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2023, 04:14 PM   #43

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Livid View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm having some issues with my Winegard Connect 2.0 and I'm hoping someone in the Thor Motor Coach community can help me out.

The problem is, the connection(WiFi) from the unit keeps dropping and doesn't restore until I cut power from breaker, disconnect battery switch and wait 30s and reverse process. Even then, the unit only remains connectable for only a few minutes. While it's up and running, I am able to connect my devices and appears to be doing okay. It's hasn't been connected long enough for me to test anything serious or get any work done to know for sure if speeds are in "normal" ranges, but everything connects. Once it goes down, I am unable to reconnect to the Winegard device and can only regain connectivity by following the previously mentioned steps. I've search all over the internet for help and usually only find people replying with something along the lines of "it's a weak mobile carrier signal" or something to that nature.

With that said...

- I've reset the home(brick and mortar) router and WiFi(even though devices connected directly to them had no issues)
- I've checked and updated Winegards firm/software for both the device and modem.
- Weather conditions vary, but otherwise nothing I feel like would cause any issues(overheating, extreme winds, excessive moisture).
- I've tested the single connectivity(just WiFi or SIM), the dual(both WiFi & SIM) and the best available where it chooses the best connection available and makes the necessary changes automatically.

The only things I haven't done is to restore factory setting by using the button on the device itself.

The device is new and resides on a 2023 Thor Motor Coach Geneva. I've had minimal issues with the Winegard device until just a few days ago. I was even considering upgrading and expanding to the 360 5g and starlink capable models soon, but now I'm not so sure.

Thanks!
Might email the winegard people. We gave up on it for anything Wi-Fi. We have Starlink and for us in the west and dark sky country it has been awesome. With zero cell coverage for miles we Wi-Fi call enable phones and call with Starlink. Can zoom or FaceTime with family. No need for the hassle of Winegard.
Old 10-17-2023, 10:28 PM   #44

State: Tennessee
THOR #28896
Had to send mine in for a complete replacement. The replacement included a physical reset switch, and the unit works as advertised.
Old 10-17-2023, 10:36 PM   #45

State: Texas
THOR #31082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Livid View Post
Hi everyone,

With that said...

Thanks!
Quick update. I followed the advice of one of the members here and contacted Winegard's support team. Thanks, HMCSW for the quick response. It was within minutes of my original post.

The update:
Winegard's support was pretty quick to respond as well. Roughly thirty minutes after I used their official email grabbed from their website via a google search.

After a few quick back and forths to clarify details(done in a very professional manor), they came to the conclusion that I did indeed need to reset my device. They provided three different methods in order to do so.
-Reset button
-Software reset
-Power reset(this might not be the actual term)

Given my circumstances, I was forced to go with the first option. My power button doesn't seem to be connected, which I was able to find during this adventure. It's located on the coax terminal within my coach. So that wasn't an option unless I wanted to cycle the circuit breaker and battery disconnect to do so. The software reset was also not an option as I couldn't stay connected long enough to get to the necessary menu to apply the changes to make it happen.

I was initially discouraged by the first option, as the details Winegard's support team sent me to locate the reset button didn't exist. The hole was there, but not the button. After removing the 4 t-something screws and cover, I quickly found the reset on one of the modules located within.

Long story short...The reset button solved the issues I was having.
Old 10-18-2023, 02:16 AM   #46

Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20808
Reset

I have found that most campgrounds wifi are 70% of the problems with the winegard unit that i have, every new place we go it seems that we have problems maintaining a connection. So as a force of habit I just software reset everytime at a new place and this does seem to help. When you go to scan for wifi (using the 10.11.12.1 with a browser) you will see all the devices that are either supplying the wifi or connecting to the wifi. Campgrounds have not kept up with this increase in devices and traffic and hence problems will occur. I have done multiple scans at some places just get the campgrounds wifi to pop up so I can connect. Where we are now I have to re-scan every morning just to find a channel to connect to as it disappears over night....
Starlink is in the near future....