Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-29-2021, 09:59 PM   #221

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amfarm78 View Post
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. I had to reset do a factory reset on the Winegard, and was hoping that I could used the power switch method, instead of going up on the roof. But that is how I ended up resetting it.

You can also power cycle it by using rhe Use / Store switch to power off the 12V. I think if you do that three times it resets it to factory default settings.

Old 08-29-2021, 10:02 PM   #222

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
You can also power cycle it by using rhe Use / Store switch to power off the 12V. I think if you do that three times it resets it to factory default settings.
Correct
Old 09-02-2021, 04:01 AM   #223

Model: Axis 25.6
State: Texas
THOR #19026
One person said you could do it on the wineguard app but I have found that I have to do it from the fuse box. Remove the entertainment fuse and reinstall it.Thor has a bunch of idiots to install tech that they should not be allowed to touch.
Old 09-02-2021, 04:53 AM   #224

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edki45 View Post
One person said you could do it on the wineguard app but I have found that I have to do it from the fuse box. Remove the entertainment fuse and reinstall it.Thor has a bunch of idiots to install tech that they should not be allowed to touch.
Bottom line... it's cheaper in parts and labor not to install an on/off switch... crazy world indeed!
Old 09-02-2021, 01:05 PM   #225
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Maybe Thor didn’t install the power switch, included in the box, to reduce the number of folks calling about inoperative tv antennas due to the Winegard switch being turned off.

My bet is hundreds if not thousands of folks would have done just that.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:52 AM   #226

State: California
THOR #24772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amfarm78 View Post
just picked up 30.3 and can't wait for the first trip. I was reading about the Winegard and had a question and have a dumb question.

Where is the power switch for the device. According to the manual there should be a switch some place to turn it on and off.

Looked in all the cabinets and can't find it any where.
Thor 2021 hurricane mine is in the cabinet with the dvr etc. It looks like a blank electrical cover with a small green light on it. the bump next to the light is the switch.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:10 AM   #227

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Bassett View Post
Thor 2021 hurricane mine is in the cabinet with the dvr etc. It looks like a blank electrical cover with a small green light on it. the bump next to the light is the switch.

The switch you are referring to is the switch for turning on or off the HDTV antenna and not the actual power to thr Winegard unit.

The HDTV antenna needs to be turned off if you are connecting cable TV to the outside coax port. But there is still 12v power to the Winegard unit itself.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:51 AM   #228

THOR #24772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
The switch you are referring to is the switch for turning on or off the HDTV antenna and not the actual power to thr Winegard unit.

The HDTV antenna needs to be turned off if you are connecting cable TV to the outside coax port. But there is still 12v power to the Winegard unit itself.
You, sir are a rock star! this must be why I can not reset my unit.... Off to the roof tomorrow!
Old 09-07-2021, 10:47 AM   #229

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
You, sir are a rock star! this must be why I can not reset my unit.... Off to the roof tomorrow!
Here is text from an email exchange I had with Thor Warranty. When he says WiFi he is referring to the Winegard Connect on the roof. I had to pull the fuse for the LP detector to power off the Winegard Connect.

I have attached info for your coach. This shows what plugs should be powered by the inverter, On the WIFI it is on the same circuit as the LP detector – number 6. We do not put a separate switch in for the WIFI, it is powered up when you turn the house battery switch on by the door.

I will see about sending you the seatbelt cover. Hope this helps

THANK YOU
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 12:18 PM   #230

THOR #12751
Quote:
You don't need to climb on the roof to do a factory reset of the unit. If you power cycle the unit with the Use / Store switch or by removing the fuse three times and witing 90 seconds between each cycle, it will reset the unit.

From the manual.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	*Winegard.PNG
Views:	98
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	33406  
Old 09-07-2021, 07:13 PM   #231

State: Georgia
THOR #24707
Unit’s ID and password are also located under a cover plate on the rooftop unit. Later discovered that on my Sprinter chassis the info is also under the pop up lid on the center dash storage bin.
Old 09-08-2021, 02:09 AM   #232

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
I setup mine on my 2021 THOR ACE 30.4. You really need to contact the Winegard folks and have them walk you thru the setup. 1/2 of the Winegard is your TV antenna, the other is the wi fi extender.

They can walk you thru the setup, There is a sticker on the drivers side window with the SSID codes. Good luck,
Old 09-24-2021, 02:45 AM   #233

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
We use a Verizon jet pack, I don’t remember how it cost as it is part of our entire plan 3 phones and the jet pack, but the grandkids use it to stream Netflix on the tv while driving and at the same time the other grandkids are playing Xbox online in the back, only time we have had any trouble is in really low areas .
Old 09-24-2021, 02:58 AM   #234

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmosqueda555 View Post
Where do I get the password to login?
Also look on the wall behind the drivers seat. We have a bunch of stickers there and the winegard is one with the wifi name and the password. You will also need to download their app. Once you get logged on then with a laptop set up an account. I think you type: 10.11.12 in the address and it will take you to the winegard home page. There are a few videos on youtube as well that should help you
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:25 PM   #235

Model: Four Winds 28A
THOR #21941
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCSW View Post
Also look on the wall behind the drivers seat. We have a bunch of stickers there and the winegard is one with the wifi name and the password. You will also need to download their app. Once you get logged on then with a laptop set up an account. I think you type: 10.11.12 in the address and it will take you to the winegard home page. There are a few videos on youtube as well that should help you
It's 10.11.12.1

I also use the Connected app on an iPad. It's a little slow, but it gets the job done.

Watchdog hardwired EMS, Alignment, Roadmaster front sway bar, vent covers, Dew Gutter
waynetaylor55 is offline   Reply With Quote