Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-11-2020, 05:12 AM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 22E
State: Massachusetts
THOR #19104
The Winegard connect 2.0 came on the unit a recently bought. I've noticed it seems to be powered at all times (based on flashing leds) and I can't find a power switch ... anyone knows how to entirely power it off?

Old 06-11-2020, 05:18 AM   #62

Model: Delano
State: Idaho
THOR #18821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
The Winegard connect 2.0 came on the unit a recently bought. I've noticed it seems to be powered at all times (based on flashing leds) and I can't find a power switch ... anyone knows how to entirely power it off?
Newer models are on all the time. You would need to find the fuse for it, and hope nothing else is on there same circuit.
Old 06-11-2020, 01:25 PM   #63

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Your Winegard may not be the Connect 2. Although they look similar the Winegard antenna that is being installed on some rigs is not the Connect 2 and is not a WIFI booster or capable of 4G LTE service. My daughters TTG has the Winegard antenna and at first glance they look the same.

There are two models of Connect 2. The cheaper model is only a WiFi booster while the more common version adds the 4G LTE capability. I have the cheaper version and it meets our modest needs.
Old 06-11-2020, 01:26 PM   #64

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWeems View Post
You connected the ConnecT to your home Wi-Fi?

Sure. It’s a WiFi extender and if it’s in range of your home network it can connect just like any other device does.
Old 06-11-2020, 02:24 PM   #65

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Winegard power!

Quote:

I figured out if I turn off the main power barrel switch it will kill power to the unit. I have a Thor Hurricane

I also found in the cabinet with HD switch for tv's there is a push button switch that turns off the HDTV to the tv's

Here is a pic of what it looks like inside!!

My winegard sim card or sim slot card it goes into fried couple weeks back and I was rebooting, pwr cycled, etc. Winegard customer service is a joke! all they wanted was me to prove it came with RV!! Gave up with them and had service department at our warranty shop take over!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winegardinside.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	24176  
Old 06-11-2020, 03:15 PM   #66
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
There are two models of Connect 2. The cheaper model is only a WiFi booster while the more common version adds the 4G LTE capability. I have the cheaper version and it meets our modest needs.
The Connect 2 WF2 is WiFi only. The Connect 2 4G2 is WiFi and 4G LTE.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:40 AM   #67

Model: Chateau 22E
State: Massachusetts
THOR #19104
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy1111 View Post
I figured out if I turn off the main power barrel switch it will kill power to the unit.

same on mine ... but I'd like to power it down while keeping the 12V DC on. As far as I can tell there is no switch. It's not on its own fuse. And there is supposed to be a fuse on the +ve 12V feed to the unit but I can't find a way to get to it. That's becoming frustrating!

Is the power feed directly soldered to a board inside the unit?
Old 06-12-2020, 04:33 PM   #68

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Alabama
THOR #18612
Quote:
same on mine ... but I'd like to power it down while keeping the 12V DC on. As far as I can tell there is no switch. It's not on its own fuse. And there is supposed to be a fuse on the +ve 12V feed to the unit but I can't find a way to get to it. That's becoming frustrating!

Is the power feed directly soldered to a board inside the unit?

I agree that it is frustrating. I had a situation where the Winegard Wi-Fi was available but it was not bridging properly to the source and it was not responding to the app. The only solution I came up with was to fully power down the coach for a few minutes and bring it back up. A full “coach reboot”. It did solve the problem so let’s hope I don’t have to do this as often as my home router.
Old 08-07-2020, 02:16 AM   #69

State: California
THOR #19275
I am having nothing but trouble with my winegard connect 2.0 I can see it on my phone or tablet but it won't connect to the internet no way no how factory reset and it won't recognize the factory password is it a dud
Old 08-07-2020, 10:16 AM   #70

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMhawk59 View Post
I am having nothing but trouble with my winegard connect 2.0 I can see it on my phone or tablet but it won't connect to the internet no way no how factory reset and it won't recognize the factory password is it a dud
If you read the manual, you will see two way to perform a factory reset. You can either climb on the roof and press the reset button or you can power the unit on and off 3 times to reset it. Se attached...

Thor does not install a power switch so you will need to be unplugged from shore power and then turn off the 12V power in the coach by switching the Use / Store switch to Store.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 6.13.01 AM.jpg
Views:	1531
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	25423  
Old 08-07-2020, 11:51 AM   #71
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMhawk59 View Post
After, as Judge mentions, you do the factory reset you will need to go into the app and select the internet source. There are, I believe, 3 options which are No Internet, WiFi and 4G. From the factory (non Thor installed) ours came set to No Internet.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:47 PM   #72

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
My Winegard system that came with the motor home has the 5 black individual antennas and not the dome unit on the roof which I believe is the first version 4gLte system. It does not have the SIM Card port on the base as the dome. I finally got it working after figuring out that whoever installed it had the cable plugged into the wrong port at the control box inside my coach.

Paul
Old 08-07-2020, 01:57 PM   #73

Model: Quantum JM31
THOR #19084
Bought a 2020 Quantum a few months ago...here is my experience...took me a while to figure out.

My system is hardwired...always on.

It is a Winegard Connect 2.0 “runs with TOGO.” The “runs with TOGO” is important because the info about opening a web page with 10.11.12.1 doesn’t apply. TOGO is Thor’s own RV app for sites, maintenance schedules, etc. and for some reason you have to have a TOGO account paired with the unit to continue with the Connect2 setup. I believe it is through this app via the Winegard app that you can buy data plans through AT&T.

You can download both the TOGO app and the Winegard Connected app: the Winegard Connected app is how you will connect to the WiFi at any location and is the primary app.

The password shown on the front of the paperwork that came with the coach just connects your device (ipad, etc.) to the unit on the roof.

At this point for me, it was all good until I opened the Winegard Connect app...it was asking for a password that I thought was Admin...but it would not take it. I ended up calling Winegard...and they gave me a 12 character password that activated the app. After that I was golden....the app is self explanatory for WiFi search and connect, buying data, etc.

I went the round about trial and error method...frustrating...but I believe if you follow the publication (if you have it) step by step it will be less so (I didn’t).

Hope this helps.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:56 PM   #74

THOR #12698
My password was listed on the back of the control box. I did go with the winegard data plan for now. Will be using it at the end of the month when we go from So. Calif to the Salt Lake area for a few days. My unit is also hardwired so when the coach is switched on, the system is on.

Paul
Old 08-08-2020, 07:48 PM   #75

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
If you read the manual, you will see two way to perform a factory reset. You can either climb on the roof and press the reset button or you can power the unit on and off 3 times to reset it. Se attached...

Thor does not install a power switch so you will need to be unplugged from shore power and then turn off the 12V power in the coach by switching the Use / Store switch to Store.
Hey Judge

the new one they shipping and installing now has power button now. They shipped me to the new switch with the new unit I had to replace. think i am going to use 5v phone charger to power it since I have outlet right next to it. Or wait and have it done as warranty work in Oct when get back from our month trip.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	winegard1.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	25447   Click image for larger version

Name:	winegard2.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	25448  

Old 09-03-2020, 03:28 AM   #76

Model: Axis 25.6
State: Texas
THOR #19026
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWeems View Post
How did you get the Winegard to accept the Vetizon card? We just got a card from them today but cannot get it to connect. We have a 2020 Vegas w/the ConnecT 2.0 and having the worst time trying to get online
I have an Axis 2020 and I'm also very frustrated with the dealer, Thor, Winegard and Verizon. Why do I have to have three different passwords? Especially since I don't know which password to use when.. A lot of these troubles are coming from the fact that Thor was too stupid to read the directions and put the switch in . I have finally managed to get the wi-fi system working by pulling and replacing the fuse. But, I still can't get Verizon 4G connected to it. I have the new sim and Verizon home office has authorized it. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:30 AM   #77

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edki45 View Post
I have an Axis 2020 and I'm also very frustrated with the dealer, Thor, Winegard and Verizon. Why do I have to have three different passwords? Especially since I don't know which password to use when.. A lot of these troubles are coming from the fact that Thor was too stupid to read the directions and put the switch in . I have finally managed to get the wi-fi system working by pulling and replacing the fuse. But, I still can't get Verizon 4G connected to it. I have the new sim and Verizon home office has authorized it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Three different passwords? What are you talking about?

First, the Winegard ConnecT acts like a router or cable modem at home. You need a password to log in just like you router or cable modem at home so you can configure it.

Then any secure WiFi network will have its own password. You can setup WiFi without a password but then any in the campground will be able to tap into your Internet connection... and potentially hack you.

The password for your Verizon account is not used in the setup of the Winegard.

Once you have the Verizon SIM Card installed in the Winegard, you need to connect to it with a laptop or phone and it's WiFi. The first time you connect to it, you should use it to connect to your home WiFi first so you can go to the Software Update page and check for new updates. Some of the older Winegard units needed to update the firmware and the modem software to connect to Verizon.

Then after you have checked to make sure your software is up to date you need to got to go to the Change Provider page and enter the following:

Cellular Provider: VERIZON
Cellular APN: vzwinternet

You should also use the Scan for Networks option to make sure the unit is seeing a Verizon tower and the signal is above 50%.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:30 AM   #78

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy1111 View Post
Hey Judge

the new one they shipping and installing now has power button now. They shipped me to the new switch with the new unit I had to replace. think i am going to use 5v phone charger to power it since I have outlet right next to it. Or wait and have it done as warranty work in Oct when get back from our month trip.

Thanks Macdaddy!

I'm going to be in Wakarusa next month. I am going to add this to the list to see if they can add it to my coach.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:38 PM   #79

THOR #12698
We went on our trip to Utah and I thought we would be able to use our Winegard system this time since I was able to buy Winegard's data plan. My system is the first version and does not have the ability to ad a sim card. I went through with their tech support last month and had it operating. Once we tried it on this trip, it said that we were connected but no internet. Tried it several times at different locations with the same message. We had to go back to our old reliable Verizon jetpack to get internet which worked every time. I am not giving up on it yet.

Paul
Old 09-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #80

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
We went on our trip to Utah and I thought we would be able to use our Winegard system this time since I was able to buy Winegard's data plan. My system is the first version and does not have the ability to ad a sim card. I went through with their tech support last month and had it operating. Once we tried it on this trip, it said that we were connected but no internet. Tried it several times at different locations with the same message. We had to go back to our old reliable Verizon jetpack to get internet which worked every time. I am not giving up on it yet.

Paul

A phone SIM card will not work on these devices. Check set up and write down all sim that are compatible. Call winegard and ask them how to get to settings with your computer to set to match your provider settings. Ask them what companies are compatible with your unit. You will need serial number. They should give you http address and settings for each provider. Most of these come preset for att sim but can be changed.