Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-20-2020, 12:54 AM   #101
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Bay Star Sport 300
State: Alabama
Posts: 2,616
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky/John View Post
I tried that and nothing works, screen stays the same.


I’ll fire mine up when I get a chance and let you know.
__________________

__________________
Pete'sMH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:17 AM   #102
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,664
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky/John View Post
Ok thanks, I understand then that this will just be a WiFi booster. That's fine but I still can't get past status page to even indicate what I want to connect to.
Did you login to the system and give it a network name?

Connect you phone to the Winegard Network

Select internet source as WiFi

select Scan for Networks after the refresh

Select the network to connect to.

If all else fails read the manual
__________________

__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 11:48 AM   #103
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: compass 23tw
State: Texas
Posts: 43
THOR #19878
Lots of good info here.

Question, if I purchase a sim card from Verizon (our wireless carrier), can I use our plan for 4g access or would we need to purchase a plan?

My wife has an apple watch that has its own phone number uf that helps.
Cheers!
__________________
roadrunner255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 01:22 PM   #104
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,664
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
Lots of good info here.

Question, if I purchase a sim card from Verizon (our wireless carrier), can I use our plan for 4g access or would we need to purchase a plan?

My wife has an apple watch that has its own phone number uf that helps.
Cheers!
Watch has no bearing on it unless that is the only thing you have on the Verizon Account.

If you have a family share plan the sim can be added to the account and share the data on the plan. Doing that will treat the Winegard just like any other device added on your plan.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:44 PM   #105
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,664
THOR #1469
Anyone else getting 4G access denied

Not sure what is happening but I am repeatedly getting a 4G ac cess denied message when attempting to use the Winegard 4G feature using the Winegard data plan. It seems to happen around mid morning to early evening and then I'll be able to connect around 9:00 PM.

This trip is the first experience with this issue.

Anyone experience this?
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 07:22 PM   #106
Senior Member
 
Judge's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
Posts: 1,284
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Not sure what is happening but I am repeatedly getting a 4G ac cess denied message when attempting to use the Winegard 4G feature using the Winegard data plan. It seems to happen around mid morning to early evening and then I'll be able to connect around 9:00 PM.

This trip is the first experience with this issue.

Anyone experience this?

Almost sounds like Winegard is limiting access during peak times?

I use it with AT&T and have not had that happen.
__________________
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 07:32 PM   #107
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,664
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Almost sounds like Winegard is limiting access during peak times?

I use it with AT&T and have not had that happen.
Talked to Winegard and the issue is being elevated to their engineers. Since all the firmware is up to date they don't know if it is a tower or modem issue. I believe I shot down the tower excuse when I told them I have had the issue for three days in 2 locations separated by 300 miles so towers are not the issue.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 08:38 PM   #108
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 28Z
State: Illinois
Posts: 19
THOR #20269
You need the Winegard App for Connect 2

I see all the references to accessing via 10.11.12.1 url. That was the case with older models I believe and only needs to be utilized when doing system updates or changing sim cards. There are a lot of Youtube videos. I made the mistake of going that route and ended with hours of frustration. All you need is the Winegard app and establish an account via the app. Follow the instructions in the manual (forget Youtube please) and it's easy to setup. We did the AT&T 100gm annual plan. Have used about 2/3rds so far. Only use when we have poor park wifi or when our phone hot spot hits data throttle. I agree that the plan is pricey but it's convenient.
__________________
kbatschke@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:42 AM   #109
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,664
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbatschke@gmail.com View Post
I see all the references to accessing via 10.11.12.1 url. That was the case with older models I believe and only needs to be utilized when doing system updates or changing sim cards. There are a lot of Youtube videos. I made the mistake of going that route and ended with hours of frustration. All you need is the Winegard app and establish an account via the app. Follow the instructions in the manual (forget Youtube please) and it's easy to setup. We did the AT&T 100gm annual plan. Have used about 2/3rds so far. Only use when we have poor park wifi or when our phone hot spot hits data throttle. I agree that the plan is pricey but it's convenient.
I have the app for Connect2 and will say there is twice as much that can be done using the URL than can be done using the app. You cannot update the system software using the app and you cannot effectively troubleshoot the system using the app.

When on the phone with Winegard Support you will use the url and not the app.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:41 PM   #110
Senior Member
 
pavemike's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
Posts: 242
THOR #12686
For our TOGO (which is the same as Connect 2 but with GPS function), we replaced the expired AT&T sim card with a Cricket sim card. Cricket is owned by AT&T and uses the same towers. Plans are:
20g for $35
40g for $50
100g for $90
You can purchase extra gigs if you use all of yours for:
5g for $5
15g for $10
We chose the 20g for $35, if we use all 20, I just go on the app and purchase more. Extra gigs are pretty cheap.
Setup was easy. Just replaced the AT&T sim wit the Cricket sim, went on the Winegard app and selected "change provider". The provider actually stays as "AT&T" but you enter the code for Cricket. Then, remove the sim card, place it in your phone (you will need to punch out the smaller size card to fit the phone, then punch it back into the larger one to reinstall in the Wingard) and download the Cricket app and set it up. It reads immediately. You will need the phone number for the sim which is on your receipt if you purchase sim at a Cricket store, which I did. They are everywhere. We stream all of our TV, youtube, netflix and such. Also run 2 ring doorbells, our tablets and phones. So far it has worked just as well as the AT&T plan, but, I figured it would since it is basically still AT&T at a much more affordable rate. Easy to keep up with your data usage with the Cricket app. Also, you can suspend the data plan during a month you are not using it. Just don't exceed 60 days suspended or it will cancel your plan. It costs $5 to un-suspend it and start using again. All from the app. Saves me $30 for that month.
__________________
Mike & Diane
2018 Thor Vegas 25.5
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:50 PM   #111
Senior Member
 
Judge's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
Posts: 1,284
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike View Post
For our TOGO (which is the same as Connect 2 but with GPS function), we replaced the expired AT&T sim card with a Cricket sim card. Cricket is owned by AT&T and uses the same towers. Plans are:
20g for $35
40g for $50
100g for $90
You can purchase extra gigs if you use all of yours for:
5g for $5
15g for $10
We chose the 20g for $35, if we use all 20, I just go on the app and purchase more. Extra gigs are pretty cheap.
Setup was easy. Just replaced the AT&T sim wit the Cricket sim, went on the Winegard app and selected "change provider". The provider actually stays as "AT&T" but you enter the code for Cricket. Then, remove the sim card, place it in your phone (you will need to punch out the smaller size card to fit the phone, then punch it back into the larger one to reinstall in the Wingard) and download the Cricket app and set it up. It reads immediately. You will need the phone number for the sim which is on your receipt if you purchase sim at a Cricket store, which I did. They are everywhere. We stream all of our TV, youtube, netflix and such. Also run 2 ring doorbells, our tablets and phones. So far it has worked just as well as the AT&T plan, but, I figured it would since it is basically still AT&T at a much more affordable rate. Easy to keep up with your data usage with the Cricket app. Also, you can suspend the data plan during a month you are not using it. Just don't exceed 60 days suspended or it will cancel your plan. It costs $5 to un-suspend it and start using again. All from the app. Saves me $30 for that month.

That is great to know.... thanks for sharing!

Do you happen to remember the Cricket Cellular APN?

I may go this route once my unlimited AT&T plan expires at the end of the year.
__________________
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:11 PM   #112
Senior Member
 
pavemike's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
Posts: 242
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
That is great to know.... thanks for sharing!

Do you happen to remember the Cricket Cellular APN?

I may go this route once my unlimited AT&T plan expires at the end of the year.
The APN is ndo.
Leave the provider as AT&T. One other note, when Cricket asks you the IMEI for your router, it will show "not compatible". Ignore this. It is compatible. They just don't have Winegard routers in their database. The Winegards are made to use with AT&T so that makes it compatible. Also works with Airstream Connect which is TOGO for Airstream that also used the AT&T $360 annual plan that got ripped out from under all of us. Cricket has worked out great for us.
__________________
Mike & Diane
2018 Thor Vegas 25.5
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:14 PM   #113
Senior Member
 
Judge's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
Posts: 1,284
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike View Post
The APN is ndo.
Leave the provider as AT&T. One other note, when Cricket asks you the IMEI for your router, it will show "not compatible". Ignore this. It is compatible. They just don't have Winegard routers in their database. The Winegards are made to use with AT&T so that makes it compatible. Also works with Airstream Connect which is TOGO for Airstream that also used the AT&T $360 annual plan that got ripped out from under all of us. Cricket has worked out great for us.

Thanks pavemike! I owe you a beverage or two!
__________________
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:26 PM   #114
Senior Member
 
pavemike's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
Posts: 242
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Thanks pavemike! I owe you a beverage or two!
I'll take you up on that! Meet us in Savannah next month. We are heading up on the 15th. Just got back from there last week. just can't get enough of Savannah.
__________________
Mike & Diane
2018 Thor Vegas 25.5
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:38 PM   #115
Senior Member
 
Judge's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
Posts: 1,284
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike View Post
The APN is ndo.
Leave the provider as AT&T. One other note, when Cricket asks you the IMEI for your router, it will show "not compatible". Ignore this. It is compatible. They just don't have Winegard routers in their database. The Winegards are made to use with AT&T so that makes it compatible. Also works with Airstream Connect which is TOGO for Airstream that also used the AT&T $360 annual plan that got ripped out from under all of us. Cricket has worked out great for us.

One last question..... hopefully!

We’re you able to purchase the plan online or did you need to go to a Cricket store?

After Dong quick research it looks like they offer Simple Data Plans and you don’t need to be a Cricket customer to get it.

Just wondering how you got your plan and SIM.

Thanks in advance!
__________________
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:52 PM   #116
Senior Member
 
pavemike's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
Posts: 242
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
One last question..... hopefully!

We’re you able to purchase the plan online or did you need to go to a Cricket store?

After Dong quick research it looks like they offer Simple Data Plans and you don’t need to be a Cricket customer to get it.

Just wondering how you got your plan and SIM.

Thanks in advance!
I started research on line, then called them with questions. They said it should work but couldn't guarantee it since IMEI doesn't match. He suggested I go to a store, purchase one and try it there. If it doesn't work, just purchase their hotspot which became my backup plan. BUT, IT WORKED! Happy Camper. I suggest going to the store. It's quick and you walk away with the sim in hand. I was not a Cricket customer. Only took a couple of minutes to become one. I was in and out of the store in 10 minutes. Took about 20 minutes to change out the sim and set it up.
__________________
Mike & Diane
2018 Thor Vegas 25.5
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:53 PM   #117
Senior Member
 
pavemike's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
Posts: 242
THOR #12686
There is a $25 activation fee. Well worth it.
__________________
Mike & Diane
2018 Thor Vegas 25.5
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM   #118
Junior Member
 
sikeo22's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 15
THOR #18347
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike View Post
For our TOGO (which is the same as Connect 2 but with GPS function), we replaced the expired AT&T sim card with a Cricket sim card. Cricket is owned by AT&T and uses the same towers. Plans are:
20g for $35
40g for $50
100g for $90
You can purchase extra gigs if you use all of yours for:
5g for $5
15g for $10
We chose the 20g for $35, if we use all 20, I just go on the app and purchase more. Extra gigs are pretty cheap.
Setup was easy. Just replaced the AT&T sim wit the Cricket sim, went on the Winegard app and selected "change provider". The provider actually stays as "AT&T" but you enter the code for Cricket. Then, remove the sim card, place it in your phone (you will need to punch out the smaller size card to fit the phone, then punch it back into the larger one to reinstall in the Wingard) and download the Cricket app and set it up. It reads immediately. You will need the phone number for the sim which is on your receipt if you purchase sim at a Cricket store, which I did. They are everywhere. We stream all of our TV, youtube, netflix and such. Also run 2 ring doorbells, our tablets and phones. So far it has worked just as well as the AT&T plan, but, I figured it would since it is basically still AT&T at a much more affordable rate. Easy to keep up with your data usage with the Cricket app. Also, you can suspend the data plan during a month you are not using it. Just don't exceed 60 days suspended or it will cancel your plan. It costs $5 to un-suspend it and start using again. All from the app. Saves me $30 for that month.
pavemike, I apologize for my ignorance, but you say you need to put the sim card in the wg2 and change provider, then remove it and put it in a phone to download the app? Is this a cricket phone? Once the app is loaded, sim goes back in wg2 and you work from the Winegard app? Again, sorry and thank you!
__________________
sikeo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM   #119
Senior Member
 
pavemike's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
Posts: 242
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikeo22 View Post
pavemike, I apologize for my ignorance, but you say you need to put the sim card in the wg2 and change provider, then remove it and put it in a phone to download the app? Is this a cricket phone? Once the app is loaded, sim goes back in wg2 and you work from the Winegard app? Again, sorry and thank you!
After purchasing a sim card and account, make sure to keep your receipt, it has the phone number for the card. You will need this when setting up the Cricket app. With power off, insert the full size sim card into the Winegard router. Power it up by turning on the RV battery and router switch if applicable. I suggest NOT using the Winegard app for set up. It may not show you the features you will need. Instead, open the internet browser on your phone or whatever device that are using for your apps. In the address bar type: 10.11.12.1 and it will open the Winegard app in the browser. Username will already show as “admin”. Default password is also “admin”. Click the “Navigate to Page” dropdown menu. Then, select “Change Provider”. On the next page leave the provider as AT&T (Cricket is AT&T). In the box labeled “Cellular APN” type in “ndo”. That is the APN for Cricket. Next, click on the “Change Provider” button. This will take you back to the main page where you will select “4G”. All Done. Internet should be working. Test it.
Next step is to install and setup the app on your phone or other device. Shut off power to the router. Remove the sim card. Punch out whatever size sim fits your phone or other device. Install the “My Cricket” app on your phone. Remove your phone’s sim and install the Cricket sim. Open the My Cricket app and follow the setup. This is where you need the phone number for the sim. Once your app is setup, swap the sim cards back to their original places in life, you know, the router and phone. Turn on the router and live RV life to the fullest. Open the Cricket app and it will show real time data usage. You will also pay your bill on the app and can change plans, purchase more data or suspend it.
__________________
Mike & Diane
2018 Thor Vegas 25.5
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM   #120
Junior Member
 
sikeo22's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 15
THOR #18347
Thank you for all the detailed information pavemike!
__________________

__________________
sikeo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×