Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2020, 08:22 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 26HE
State: Alabama
THOR #12744
If you can't locate the manual with the password and SSID information you can also get the information from the bottom of the unit. Mine had the same sticker attached to the bottom.

The manual is available on their website.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:42 PM   #22

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
SIM Card Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Did you have to get the Winegard ID written to the jet pack's sim?

I have the latest Winegard Connect 2 as well and it is also Verizon compatible. I also have a Verizon MiFi (jet pack) that is activated and has been sitting in my desk drawer for the last 2 years un-used.
Nope, nothing to do accept to swap out the SIM card and obviously if the sim in the JetPack has to be active
Old 05-01-2020, 04:56 PM   #23

State: California
THOR #18560
I have a 2020 palazzo, I have the password now, but checked everywhere in the cabin an I can not find the rocker switch for the Winegard WiFi antenna. Any ideas where to look?
Old 05-01-2020, 05:00 PM   #24

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmosqueda555 View Post
I have a 2020 palazzo, I have the password now, but checked everywhere in the cabin an I can not find the rocker switch for the Winegard WiFi antenna. Any ideas where to look?
I have a North Point but my switch was next to the router box mounted on the ceiling
Old 05-02-2020, 01:22 AM   #25

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Winegard Connect 2

Quote:

I have a 2020 Magnitude and there is no switch for the Winegard ConnecT 2. It is always powered on.

The only “switch” is the push button on a face plate to turn the HD antenna on or off depending on whether you are using camp cable TV.
Old 05-02-2020, 03:41 AM   #26
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
The Winegard Connect 2 on our Accolade was installed prior to us taking delivery of the coach. The dealer installed the power switch just below the medicine chest by the vanity. It is next to the switches for the hall and vanity accent lighting.

You might call Thor and ask them if they installed the switch and if so where it is located. The switch and face plate are part of the package.

I turn the system off when parked at the house because my technology will try to connect to that network instead of my home network if the WC2 is turned on. My laptop will get a real strong signal from the WG2 and it is. in the office at the far end of the house.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:42 AM   #27

THOR #12751
I am fairly certain there is no switch on the 2020 Thors and newer models for the Winegard Connect 2. Thor is now making this a factory option and it is wired to be "hot" all the time. There is just a push button switch to go between the HD Antenna Mode or Cable TV.

The retail kit does come with a switch but Thor is either not using it or not getting it from Winegard as part of the install package for an OEM.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:04 AM   #28

Model: ACE 33.1
State: Mississippi
THOR #18602
Quote:
I have no switch on mine either, when I open up my iPhone or any devices, it is automatically displayed.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:28 AM   #29

Model: 28Z FourWinds
State: Texas
THOR #18331
Winegard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky5924 View Post
Just bought a 2020 ACE 33.1. I've owned several motorhomes and TTs in the past but none ever had this Winegard Connect 2. What does this thing actually do. I kind of understand that it's a WiFi booster. Can anyone enlighten me as to what I need to do to make it work, or, is it worth the trouble of doing anything?
Thanks
Just set mine up last week. Wifi booster works great.
I got 4G through ATT . They have several plans 5 gb.for $25.00 a month on up. I got 100 gb for 12 months for $325.00 a yr. Tried it out this weekend worked great. I had WiFi ranger before this is twice as fast and easy to use.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:03 AM   #30
Site Team

THOR #1469
FWIW here are pics of the Winegard Connect 2 switch in my coach. The Winegard switch is the one on the left. This switch bank is in the area of the vanity in the Hallway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Winegard Switch 1.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	23688

Name:	Winegard Switch 2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	23689

I will tell you that after the un it has been turned off it takes a few minutes for it to energize when turned back on.
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-12-2020, 12:32 AM   #31

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Look on the under side of the control box which is inside a cabinet usually. I have the system and even with tech assistance, I have not been able to get to the area where I can purchase data. I am now using a verizon hot spot that works great for now.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:51 AM   #32

Model: Aria 3901
THOR #6952
I have a 2019 Aria and love the Winegard Connect 2. The dealer had no idea what it was or where to locate the password. I located it on the manual and after many attempts including using a Verizon SIM card we use a Verizon MIFI hot spot with a backup Netgear Night Hawk from OTR Mobile. Very pleased with the Winegard as all our devices connect to the Winegard and we can control the source of the WIFI by changing the WIFI source easily on the Winegard with our laptop. We always try connecting the Winegard to the campsite WIFI and about 50% of the time it is adequate, if not we connect the Windgard to Verizon or AT&T whichever is a better signal. Very simple compared to changing the WIFI connection on each device (phone, TV's, laptops, tablets etc.) Happy Camping!
BTW we watch TV on YouTube TV and stream Netflix and Prime Video.
Old 05-12-2020, 10:44 AM   #33

Brand: Jayco
Model: Precept 31UL
State: Tennessee
THOR #14508
Interesting thread - thanks to all who've contributed! I'm still trying to figure all this out for our use.

Question: with the Winegard Connect2, if using a Verizon Hotspot, does it have to be a stand-alone Hotspot, or will the one in an Android phone work?

Thanks,
Mickey
Old 05-12-2020, 12:44 PM   #34
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRichaud View Post
Interesting thread - thanks to all who've contributed! I'm still trying to figure all this out for our use.

Question: with the Winegard Connect2, if using a Verizon Hotspot, does it have to be a stand-alone Hotspot, or will the one in an Android phone work?

Thanks,
Mickey
The one on the phone should work. I haven’t tried it but it should pick it up.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:06 PM   #35

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRichaud View Post

Thanks,
Mickey

When you enable your Android / iPhone as a HotSpot, it transmits a WiFi signal and the ConnecT 2.0 can pick that up just like it would a camp WiFi signal. You can then connect your laptop or tablet to the ConnecT 2.0 and it will get to the Internet via your phone HotSpot.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:32 PM   #36
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfield3 View Post
I have a 2019 Aria and love the Winegard Connect 2. The dealer had no idea what it was or where to locate the password. I located it on the manual and after many attempts including using a Verizon SIM card we use a Verizon MIFI hot spot with a backup Netgear Night Hawk from OTR Mobile. Very pleased with the Winegard as all our devices connect to the Winegard and we can control the source of the WIFI by changing the WIFI source easily on the Winegard with our laptop. We always try connecting the Winegard to the campsite WIFI and about 50% of the time it is adequate, if not we connect the Windgard to Verizon or AT&T whichever is a better signal. Very simple compared to changing the WIFI connection on each device (phone, TV's, laptops, tablets etc.) Happy Camping!
BTW we watch TV on YouTube TV and stream Netflix and Prime Video.
What issues were you having using a Verizon SIM card and from where did you get the SIM? Who did you hav e write the Winegard's info on the SIM? I am retiring at the end of the year and want to get it setup for extended trips and use.
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-12-2020, 02:34 PM   #37

Brand: Jayco
Model: Precept 31UL
State: Tennessee
THOR #14508
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
The one on the phone should work. I haven’t tried it but it should pick it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
When you enable your Android / iPhone as a HotSpot, it transmits a WiFi signal and the ConnecT 2.0 can pick that up just like it would a camp WiFi signal. You can then connect your laptop or tablet to the ConnecT 2.0 and it will get to the Internet via your phone HotSpot.

OK - thanks!
Old 05-12-2020, 10:07 PM   #38

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
Look on the under side of the control box which is inside a cabinet usually. I have the system and even with tech assistance, I have not been able to get to the area where I can purchase data. I am now using a verizon hot spot that works great for now.

Maybe this will help..........

The unit comes with a SIM card specifically designed for Winegard data plans. Winegard has their own data plans using the AT&T network but they are expensive.

If you want to use an AT&T data plan, you need to get an AT&T SIM from Amazon like this one first.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You do need to climb up on the roof, remove the SIM cover (2 small screws), remove the Winegard SIM and install the new AT&T SIM. After you install the new AT&T SIM card you will log into the Winegard ConnecT 2.0 Admin page and get the IMEI and ICCID numbers.

Then when you have the information, go to this website, enter the IMEI and ICCID information and pick your plan:

https://buyasession.att.com/sbd/ShowLogin.action

If you want to use Verizon, it is basically the same process. You need to purchase a Verizon SIM Card and install it and go through the same process with Verizon.

Here is what trips most people up. You cannot use the SIM that comes with the unit to access AT&T or Verizon Data Plans. It will only work with a Winegard Data Plan, which is typically more expensive.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 6.06.05 PM.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	23701  
Old 05-13-2020, 02:09 AM   #39

Model: Aria 3901
THOR #6952
The only issue I had with the Verizon SIM that I picked up at a Verizon store was the pricing plan. I was able to save money by disabling the SIM card and picking up a Verizon MIFI - crazy I know but I went from a limited plan to unlimited for less money.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:27 AM   #40

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfield3 View Post
The only issue I had with the Verizon SIM that I picked up at a Verizon store was the pricing plan. I was able to save money by disabling the SIM card and picking up a Verizon MIFI - crazy I know but I went from a limited plan to unlimited for less money.
I have read where people have take the SIM out of the Verizon MiFi and placed it into the ConnecT 2.0.

Have you tried that?