Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2021, 05:12 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #24028
Miramar 35.2 Floor heat Vent poor air flow

2017 Miramar 35.2. Only 3 furnace vents… one on the wall in bedroom and one on the wall in the bathroom and one on floor near front of the coach. Airflow to the floor vent is almost zero where the bedroom and bathroom blast out. Occupants in the front beds freeze and it’s a sweat box in the bedroom. I installed a new vent cover in the bathroom that regulates the flow but that had only a slight impact on flow to the front. Seems as though the heat duct is too small. Is this a common flaw? Has anyone found a solution?

Thank you
DanS

Old 10-13-2021, 06:32 PM   #2

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Washington
THOR #21911
I have a 2021 Miramar 35.2 and it has basically the same layout. I have 1 extra vent on the floor near the dinette.

I have experienced the same issue. I have taken the vent out of the bedroom and sealed it up probably 90% and have basically closed off the bathroom vent as well. It helped a little, but not much. What I have found is that the length of the ducting to the front is so long that it takes at least a half hour for warm air to start coming out of that front vent. Not sure what the solution is. I agree though, there is way too much heat coming out in the bedroom and not enough up front.

Obviously if possible supplementing the heat with an electric heater in the cab area helps a lot, but is not really possible when boondocking
Old 10-14-2021, 01:46 AM   #3

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
The front 2 floor vents probably use space between floor stringers to channel hot air, if you can either use a flexible bore scope ($35. at harbor freight) or fish tape, find heater you'll see round ducts going to bath wall vent and to rear bedroom duct but 2 round ducts will turn down into floor with flat metal and silver tape sealing ducts to floor, they may be blocked somewhere. If that's what you find PM me I can walk you through a possible fix. If they use space between floor stringers turn on heater, you'll find the floor will be very warm feel it to trace the rout from heater to vent.

Tags
heat duct, miramar