Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #88
Quote:
dont blame them as there was a lot of complaining done by a few who probably caused the problem
Hippy, I would have been one of the most outspoken about the direction the new management team has taken Crossroads and the warranty. Having owned two units from them since 2004 and having been one of their biggest cheerleaders over the years by putting on a Crossroads rally each year in Texas I have every right to voice my opinion. I see no reason they should have brought the forum down due to anyone "complaining" about Tom's post. He new he would get flack when he came on the forum and he was as much a cause of the negative post as the rest of us. He is a big boy and if they did take the forum down because of the warranty post then they have worse issues than we thought.

I have been on that forum since day one and we have had plenty of spirited discussions over the years but nothing that didn't work themselves out among the forum members. Never once did the admin ever have to step in and shut a post down. It was great to be a part of a group that could discuss issues and yes argue about them because we believed in what Crossroads was doing. That new web site was an eye sore from day one. Then the quality issues started popping up 6 to 8 months ago and continued to get worse. Then next up was the 2 year to 1 year warranty. I am glad you have had good luck with your unit and hope you never have to deal with what some of have had to with ours. Just don't blame any of us for the reason you think they might have taken the forum down. That forum was there for complaints and compliments.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #22

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Cruiser 31RK
State: Minnesota
THOR #85
Crossroads Forum Down!

Tome M sent me a personal email last Thursday offering help in getting my CR Cruiser 31 RK with a cracked cap fix . He had his chance I'm done with CR and it 's for sale after I get fix at the body shop. Even the so called two year warranty is crap.
Lebo
Old 10-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #23

Model: Z1 271BH
State: Ontario
THOR #87
Ok Hunter, no finger pointing really intended. Just noticed it was getting really negative. I truly hope they didnt shut it down for that reason without dealing with upset posters first. I guess i see all manufacturers as the same, producing units fast to make profits. I have had Forestriver, and Gulfstream products with advertised 2 yr warranty. The second yr is appliances etc only, and you deal with individual manufacturers of components.
The new cr warranty seems better in some respects, as you deal directly with them. I guess time will tell if it works for them or not.
Happy camping! Peter
Old 10-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #24

THOR #88
Sorry Peter, I have had a bad week.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #25

Model: Cruiser 31RK
State: Minnesota
THOR #85
I know I had a CR 2004 27 RK real nice rig and no problem. Then I got a new 2011 CR Cruiser 31RK. Cracked Cap, screws heads popping out just to name a few problems.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #26

THOR #88
We went from a 2005 Cruiser 29RK to an 07 Paradise Pointe. The Cruiser never saw the dealers lot after we picked it up but the PP has been a nightmare. Yes Crossroads did take care of the issues and was I ever glad we had a 2 year warranty. If we had gotten the 1+Promise we would have been out a lot of money that second year. After the second year I bought an extended warranty on it.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #27

Model: Cruiser - Patriot cf335ss
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #90
Lightbulb

I posted this on another forum:
I believe most of the complaints have come from Crossroads owners that won't even be affected by the new warranty. Let's give the warranty some time and see how the new owners like or dislike it. It sounds good to me but I guess time will tell. I'll find out for myself because I just picked up my new Crossroads on Thursday. Truthfully, I'm not sure I have the new warranty. But if I get a choice I'll choose it. I also bought an extended warranty. Like on my new truck I just bought with an extended warranty, there is too much in a new rv that could go wrong with just the electronics, electrical, and hvac alone.
I do hope that the Crossroads forum comes back and did not leave us hanging. THAT would be wrong. I agree, If you don't like the new warranty on a Crossroads (or any other rv) DON'T BUY IT.

I hear a lot about how many like the Jayco brand, if I'm not mistaken I believe the new director of operations is the former Jayco head of operations.

ps I checked a lot of other forums and it seems that there are problems with many other rv brands too.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #28
Pnr

THOR #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebo View Post
Is that you Paul?
Yes, It's really me.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:30 AM   #29

THOR #88
Mark, I believe that is their new Director of Engineering.

CrossRoads RV | RV Business
Old 10-28-2012, 01:35 AM   #30
Pnr

THOR #34
My opinion is, they shut the forum down, because people were speaking out.

Tom is thin skinned,didn't like the natives rebelling.

Also new people coming there reading and seeing the problems.

That poll was going totally upside down for them also.

If they open the forum, I will bet alot of posts will be missing, and they will have a bunch of new rules.

Paul
Old 10-28-2012, 01:38 AM   #31

THOR #90
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info. Don't you think that's a positive move for CR. I had a Jayco a few years ago and found it to be well built and designed.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:38 AM   #32

THOR #88
And a lot of very upset owners.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #33

THOR #88
Mark, I am going to try and keep my mouth shut as much as I can in the future no matter what I may know.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:41 AM   #34

THOR #90
Thumbs up

You're call
Old 10-28-2012, 01:42 AM   #35
Pnr

THOR #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
I posted this on another forum:
I believe most of the complaints have come from Crossroads owners that won't even be affected by the new warranty. Let's give the warranty some time and see how the new owners like or dislike it. It sounds good to me but I guess time will tell. I'll find out for myself because I just picked up my new Crossroads on Thursday. Truthfully, I'm not sure I have the new warranty. But if I get a choice I'll choose it. I also bought an extended warranty. Like on my new truck I just bought with an extended warranty, there is too much in a new rv that could go wrong with just the electronics, electrical, and hvac alone.
I do hope that the Crossroads forum comes back and did not leave us hanging. THAT would be wrong. I agree, If you don't like the new warranty on a Crossroads (or any other rv) DON'T BUY IT.

I hear a lot about how many like the Jayco brand, if I'm not mistaken I believe the new director of operations is the former Jayco head of operations.

ps I checked a lot of other forums and it seems that there are problems with many other rv brands too.

Stay optimistic, maybe it will go well for you. I't didn't take long for me to loose faith in crossroads, Sloooow approvals, bad quality control, and plenty of run around.

I wish you well.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:47 AM   #36

THOR #90
I'm hoping that the RV dealer I picked up the CR at will do their best to service my rv. They are known for the good service and I hope it continues. They were very accommodating prepping my rv, providing the walk thru and installing the new hitch on my truck...and I didn't buy my rv from them.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #37

Model: Sunset Trail 31BH
State: Newfoundland
THOR #99
Over from crossroads forum
Supercrutchy name over there too!!
Just bought a new 2013 crossroads 31bh
About a month ago!!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:20 AM   #38

Brand: Redwood
Model: RL
State: Illinois
THOR #15
hello everyone
Old 10-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #39

Model: Zinger
State: New York
THOR #100
Hi charlie or cwit here had to see what was going on.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #40

THOR #88
Not much Charlie, this is not near the forum we had at Crossroads. One of the members emailed me this morning and he had emailed Tom as to why the forum was taken down with no warning. Tom told him they had to make "hardware" changes and the forum would be back soon. I know in the 8 years I have been on the forum it was never taken down for maintenance. I guess we all wait and see.

Tags
forum