Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #1

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Rushmore Lincoln
State: California
THOR #294
Unhappy Grey Water Tank Ruptured

Just picked up our new Rushmore Lincoln 11 days ago, first thing this morning we hear a loud noise and thought the jacks gave out as one has already retracted on it's own, upon inspection found that the grey water tank ruptured and was draining onto the ground. This after having issues with TV's not working, jacks creaking and retracting.....really starting to think we made a mistake on purchasing the Rushmore.
We have had a Holiday Rambler A class for 10 years and never had problems like this, never had problems at all!!!!

2013 Rushmore Lincoln
snommis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #2

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #88
Jim & Steph, as I said over on the Xroads forum I hope you get all your issues taken care of soon. You should not have to go through this on a brand new unit. Your unit is starting out like ours did and ours never did stop giving us trouble. Xroads quality has taken a nose dive over the last 12 to 18 months and truth be known I think that is why they cut their warranty in half was because they were paying out to much in warranty work. JMHO
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #3

Model: 305SKPatriot
State: Rhode Island
THOR #122
Jim & Steph, I hope your dealer is supporting you, the Lincoln is quite a rig and should not have such problems. Have your dealer contact Crossroads as well as yourself. You refer to a service company is that directed by Crossroads? Unfortunately you cannot rely on anyone but yourself. Lee is correct document everything. Hopefully it will be rectified quickly to you satisfaction. Good Luck.
Welcome to the forum you will get a lot of support here.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #4

THOR #294
We took our RV to a authorized mechanic to do a look over to see what all Crossroads will need to send to fix the problem and what he discovered was a bit more shocking than what we thought....the tank did not rupture, the support beams collapsed that the tank sits on.....basically the welding gave out and the tank dropped and is now sitting on the belly of the coach, which caused the belly lining to crack.
We spoke with the contact at Crossroads and what they are sending is a new tank as well as 20' of belly lining and the insulation will need to be replaced. The mechanic is a welder and said he will check the welding for the black water support while he is in there doing the work.

I did notice when putting the slides in today for transportation, that one of the living room slides seems to struggle and doesn't want to complete the transaction if you will.
2013 Rushmore Lincoln
Old 05-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #5

THOR #88
Just a suggestion, if the repairman is a welder I would also have him look at the frame welds while he has the bottom covering down. Lippert frames is not best known for their superior welding on frames.

Sounds like with the slide issue you have another item to add to your list of warranty repairs. Keep everything documented so you have a good paper trail.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
State: Indiana
THOR #234
Quote:
Originally Posted by snommis View Post
We took our RV to a authorized mechanic to do a look over to see what all Crossroads will need to send to fix the problem and what he discovered was a bit more shocking than what we thought....the tank did not rupture, the support beams collapsed that the tank sits on.....basically the welding gave out and the tank dropped and is now sitting on the belly of the coach, which caused the belly lining to crack.
We spoke with the contact at Crossroads and what they are sending is a new tank as well as 20' of belly lining and the insulation will need to be replaced. The mechanic is a welder and said he will check the welding for the black water support while he is in there doing the work.

I did notice when putting the slides in today for transportation, that one of the living room slides seems to struggle and doesn't want to complete the transaction if you will.
Jim & Steph,

Great..........glad to hear that the issue with your grey water tank will be taken care of.

How does your leveling jack retracting tie into this issue? Has it been looked at or discussed with your dealer?

You said that your slide was not coming in all the way. Can you tell me if it is a "Schwintek" slide mechanism? Schwintek is a slide mechanism that is used on different Thor trailers. Mine included.

I have three slides. My galley and bedroom slide have the Schwintek mechanism. My Living room slide is the, old reliable, rack and pinion.

Just curious!

2012 Infinity 3850RL
2011 Ford F-350 FX4 6.7 Diesel
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #7

THOR #88
Dave, the Rushmore Lincoln floor plan is a front living and both living room slides are the Schwintek system. Those slides are about the same size as a bedroom slide in the regular floor plans. In fact it would appear to me that all five slides on the Lincoln are the Schwintek system.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #8

THOR #294
Good to know Hunter11, I had no clue and didn't know where to look for that information. We went through our piles of papers but didn't pay attention if we had that kind of information.
2013 Rushmore Lincoln
Old 05-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #9

THOR #294
Infinityrver: The leveling jacks don't tie into the grey water tank issue, I mentioned it as this is a new coach to us and upon reading another post where their Lippert 6point leveling system completely failed, I just mentioned it as a concern on our new coach. We pulled up all the jacks and reset the leveling system putting some blocks under hoping that might help. We will definitely have the welds looked at when it's in service just to be safe.
2013 Rushmore Lincoln
Old 05-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #10

THOR #234
Quote:
Infinityrver: The leveling jacks don't tie into the grey water tank issue, I mentioned it as this is a new coach to us and upon reading another post where their Lippert 6point leveling system completely failed, I just mentioned it as a concern on our new coach. We pulled up all the jacks and reset the leveling system putting some blocks under hoping that might help. We will definitely have the welds looked at when it's in service just to be safe.
We also, have the Lippert 6 point leveling. Anytime that I hear of a possible issue, my ears perk up.

The person that stated that their 6 point leveling system colapsed has never explained what actually collapsed. I have asked him directly (on this forum) to explain what it is that colapsed. He has never responded. So, eiher he did something, possibly pushing a wrong button on the control pad or nothing ever colapsed and just wanted to create drama on this forum.

Have the welds checked as you said. Please don't put too much into what was said from that guy. Again, he never responded when asked.

2012 Infinity 3850RL
Old 05-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #11

THOR #234
Quote:
Good to know Hunter11, I had no clue and didn't know where to look for that information. We went through our piles of papers but didn't pay attention if we had that kind of information.
Jim & Steph,

You don't have any of slide information in your packet. I'm sure that Hunter11 is correct and you have "Schwintek" on your slides.

A quick way of determining "Schwintek" mechanism is on the side edges of the slide. It will have two aluminum rails about one and a half inch (1-1/2") wide. The rails will have teeth where a gear and motor (in the wall) will drive the slide in or out. The two motors, on each side of the slide, are what you hear when bringing the slide in or out. The motors work similtaneously.

If you're having a slight problem with the slide your tech can either recalibrate the motors or adjust accordingly.

I'm speaking from experience. Once you get things corrected I think you'll be fine.

2012 Infinity 3850RL