Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2022, 11:01 AM   #1

Brand: Heartland
State: Florida
THOR #28739
How to get reimbursed?

I had warranty performed at an approved RV shop. Heartland approved the work, completed the paperwork but after 3 mos has not reimbursed me. Each phone call and email response days "I need to have patience".
The turn around time is supposed to be 2 weeks.
I don't know what to do to get reimbursed...

Old 12-28-2022, 12:08 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
I have no experience with Heartland... but you could try to gather all of your documentation and then reach out to Thor Industries since they are the parent company to see if they can move things along.

I had an '18 Outlaw 29H that had a leveler problem under warranty. I troubleshooted the issue myself and replaced the pressure sensor. I documented everything and sent it to Thor Motorcoach Warranty Customer Service. Once I sent them the old part (they paid for shipping) and the receipt for the replacement part, they sent me a check in a couple weeks.
Old 12-28-2022, 12:26 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Nevada
THOR #27334
If all else fails, small claims court may be your only option. While trying to resolve this document everything, keep notes of calls..etc.. Also check your local statute of limitations for small claims court, you may find their plan is to keep putting you off until you can't recover at all.
widdershins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 02:05 PM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Delays in reimbursing warranty claims are prevalent across most suppliers. It is simply a way to minimize their cash flow position.

I wouldn’t pursue a small claims court action unless it was hundreds of dollars. I also wonder which state you would file it in. In my case my residence, dealer and manufacturer are all in different states. I am sure not going to fly to Indiana from Connecticut to attend a hearing there unless it is thousands at stake.

David
Old 12-28-2022, 05:56 PM   #5

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Nevada
THOR #27334
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
Delays in reimbursing warranty claims are prevalent across most suppliers. It is simply a way to minimize their cash flow position.

I wouldn’t pursue a small claims court action unless it was hundreds of dollars. I also wonder which state you would file it in. In my case my residence, dealer and manufacturer are all in different states. I am sure not going to fly to Indiana from Connecticut to attend a hearing there unless it is thousands at stake.

David
SC court's are very understanding as far as venue. For corporations and LLC's, as long as they do business in your state you can typically file in your county. The 'home' state of the business doesn't matter, they all have a registered agent in every state they do business in (which is typically all of them) that's who you file against and serve papers on.

It's seriously easy. I would give them plenty of time to make you whole, no sense running to court... but keeping notes is a good idea if you think the damages are worth the work.
widdershins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 08:21 PM   #6

Brand: Heartland
THOR #28739
Warranty fraud confirmed

Thank you for your responses.
Today I received a (partial) check from Heartland - about $800 less than the total amount due.
I'm holding the check as evidence that Heartland has willfully committed fraud by not honoring my warranty claim.
I've engaged with an attorney.
This will be my last post and my last purchase of any RV company related to Thor.
Old 01-03-2023, 08:57 PM   #7
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbtoy View Post
Thank you for your responses.
Today I received a (partial) check from Heartland - about $800 less than the total amount due.
I'm holding the check as evidence that Heartland has willfully committed fraud by not honoring my warranty claim.
I've engaged with an attorney.
This will be my last post and my last purchase of any RV company related to Thor.
Did they authorize the repairs before the work was performed. If so they authorized the amount of reimbursement up front to include the labor rate. Your dealer may be charging you more than the manufacturer agreed to reimburse.

Tags
reimbursement, warranty