Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > Keystone RV | Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2015, 06:24 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #2830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwain65 View Post
There are manuals in the Thor bag for the main in dash radio and the rear Jensen. Correct, neither comes with a remote and yes you have to go inside to the bedroom to change channels/ lower volume, etc. Its a pain I wish they used the front system to power the outdoor speakers. The upside is the Jensen in teh rear is bluetooth capable. You can play your tunes from outside the coach and even lower or raise the volume a bit. Also the Jensen has dimming capabilities. You'll find out on that first campout how bright the display is when you are trying to sleep. Enjoy your new coach!!
I too was miffed by the bedroom radio being wired to the outside speakers. I figure because it was the easiest for the manufacturer. I suupose with blue tooth it wouldn't matter but should be wired to front stereo. If they are self powered speakers I will wire an aux. plug to them.

Old 09-12-2015, 03:50 PM   #22

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
My 2014 27k has crappy reception, I think it is the antenna. On your Jenson at the dash you can press the third button down on the left side to activate the cam on the screen without the ignition being on...assuming we have the same models, and I did not get a remote either, you can buy them. I use the radio mostly for streaming my cell phone music, Pandora, etc. Just get a cable with both end male and plug it into the AUX hole and your phone headset hole.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:43 PM   #23

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsauce View Post
The camera works when parked so maybe that is it? I will have to play a little as I get use to it.
I'm not sure if you ever got an answer to this. We have a different model RV but I did have trouble getting the dash radio to work when we first got the coach. Found out that it is powered by the house batteries so it would not work if the USE / STORE switch was in the store position... even if the ignition was on.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:26 PM   #24

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
Did you get your turn signal / side cameras to work? The dealer had to change out my wiring loom for that to work when I got mine.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:45 PM   #25

Model: ACE 29.4
State: Oregon
THOR #2824
For those of us who didn't get an owner's manual for the bedroom radio can you post instructions on how to get to the LCD dimmer? I HATE that bright light. I also don't have a remote for mine.
Thanks
Old 12-03-2015, 10:56 PM   #26
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappydude View Post
For those of us who didn't get an owner's manual for the bedroom radio can you post instructions on how to get to the LCD dimmer? I HATE that bright light. I also don't have a remote for mine.
Thanks
If it's thee Jensen radio here is the thread and look for post #13

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f15...-ace-1533.html

The Jensen in my bedroom is not remote capable and one is not available.

I use the radio to connect to my iPhone via Bluetooth for music listening outside. I use the phone to control the speaker volume when connected.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:09 PM   #27

Model: ACE 29.4
State: Oregon
THOR #2824
I saw that post Dave. Didn't think the info was sufficient at the time - I'll try to scroll through my radio looking for the LCD part and see what I can find. Thanks for your comment.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:41 PM   #28

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursx2 View Post
The small antenna Thor places is a joke!

It works fine on my 2014 34E. And, I have the "inferior" Jensen 212 head unit.

I can receive AM or FM stations just as well as the radio in my toad, a Toyota Prius with it's OEM radio.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:59 AM   #29

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
Jenson thread hi jack....

Just to be clear, and wondering if anyone else has the problem.. the radio reception is terrible, but when I or wife on her side plug in the cell phone charger the reception drops about 70%... It goes from awful to almost nothing...CW could not find a problem, I have grounded the unit better. not sure as the 12v power outlets are run off the chassis battery and the crappy Jenson off the house battery.... so why the massive reception interference when using the 12v power??
Old 05-09-2017, 05:57 PM   #30

State: Florida
THOR #2830
Jensen Head Unit Junk

The Jensen Head Unit display went out. Thor didn't want to hear about it, Jensen didn't want to hear about it but offered to sell me the new head unit for $700. As with all the Jensen junk installed, when it fails, it gets replaced with something different. Rearviewsafety.com was able to hook me up with a kick ass monitor that works with the existing cameras. A single space Kenwood replaces the rest with better sound and knobs instead of touch screen that doesn't function. All in at $282. I did the install and wiring myself. Bye Bye Jensen.....never again.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:43 PM   #31

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
We have a 2017 ACE 30.1 and got the Axxera head unit in front and the Jensen unit in back. No remotes for either, but we did get 3 TV remotes.

The Axxera has a Rear Camera icon on the home screen. We don't use the Axxera radio at all but I have the BT Music connected to my iPhone. I gave up on radio years ago when I got my first iPhone. One wish list is that the time appear on the camera views. DW wants the rear camera on all the time and freaks if I take my eyes off the road long enough to flip back to the home screen.

I use the BT connection for the Jenson to run the outside speakers - DW also uses it for her iPhone white noise generator app with the bedroom speakers. It took a bit of fiddling to get the BT working and I had to go out and find my own manual on the Jensen site. Same for the Axxera as Thor neglected to provide either manual.

I'm ponding how much work it might be to rewire the speakers to a centralized switcher so I can actually control what gets routed to them.Biggest pain is that somehow Thor didn't see the value of wiring TV outputs to the adjacent speakers (over couch speakers for living area, bedroom speakers for bedroom and outside speakers for the outside TV). Seems like a no brainer and not easy to do after its assembled. I did put in a central TV switcher so now I can route antenna, cable, DVD, etc. independently to each TV. Had to find an out of production Winegard switch unit (coax) on eBay though.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #32

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Minnesota
THOR #4198
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsauce View Post

It is the Axxerra radio but I think the Jensen in the beadroom doesn't have good reception either so ......
i read that the bedroom radio just has a loop of wire in the cabinet. i have not pulled mine to verify that, but there is only one outside antenna and kt is for the radio up front.

the bluetooth app lets you control that radio very well. i usually stream on the bedroom radio. you can control the outside speakers from the app as well '

John
RadioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:59 PM   #33

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #7374
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioRanger View Post

the bluetooth app lets you control that radio very well. i usually stream on the bedroom radio. you can control the outside speakers from the app as well '

John
Is there an app - or just the regular Bluetooth controls on phone?

Rob
Old 05-10-2017, 05:44 PM   #34

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Minnesota
THOR #4198
I am on Android and the app is called jcontrol. It was a little strange setting up. Once you get it working it is pretty nice.
RadioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:51 PM   #35

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by robatcgu View Post
Is there an app - or just the regular Bluetooth controls on phone?

Rob
Its an app - look for the jControl app on the Apple App Store. I don't know if there is an Android equivalent.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:51 PM   #36

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #7374
Thanks to all - I found JControl in the App Store, and managed to get it paired.
Looks good!

Thanks

Rob

Tags
camera, radio reception