Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > Redwood | Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2013, 06:07 PM   #21

Brand: Redwood
State: South Dakota
THOR #65
Lloyd,
I will tell you where I came up with my so called assumptions and than you can tell me where you got yours. We have been RVing since about 1975, and full timing since 2002. During that time we have had numerous RV’s including 5ers. They consisted of Nomad, Hitchicker, Jayco, and since full timing, Montana Big Sky, and a 2005 Carriage Cari-lite XL5 which we traded for our 2012 Redwood. In 2007 we took a tour of the Carriage factory, and when we first had the Carriage we belonged to the Carriage Travel Club. We know the Bucky Moree, president of the CTC, mentioned in the Nov. 2012 news release about the CTC becoming affiliated with Life Style. I haven’t seen a Life Style brochure, but I have checked out their web site. I found the construction and floor plan, but I couldn’t find their GVW or their CC rating. Maybe that is in the brochure. I didn’t find anything different that would make it stand out from some of the other full time (residential RV’s) units out there. You talk about the employees that use to be with Carriage that are now with Life Style. Well there are former Carriage employees that started Redwood, and I’m sure there are some that became affiliated with other RV Manufacturers.
Now if you can tell me where you got your assumptions, and what should make the Life Style a Carriage over another RV, I will be glad to listen (read), and maybe you can convince me.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Now if you can tell me where you got your assumptions, and what should make the Life Style a Carriage over another RV, I will be glad to listen (read), and maybe you can convince me.
[/QUOTE]

rcflame, I never stated anywhere in this thread that the new RV that is known as a "Life Style" would ever be a Carriage or any other RV.
Besides, I'm really not interested in trying to convince you of anything, just trying to keep the facts straight.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:23 PM   #23

THOR #65
Lloyd,
Apparently there is another Lloyd on this forum and I shouldn't attribute the below copied posting of 8-28-13 at 8:11 p.m. to you.

"The old Carriage is now the "Life Style" coach.
Some of the previous employs from carriage have the rights to it--except for the name. They are now building the Life Style.
And, I must add, it's one very nice unit!"

This is kind of a fun game.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:11 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
I totally forgot I made that statement. I would like to take this opportunity to retract it and say I was in error when I posted that info. My apologizes if it caused any problems for anyone.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:39 PM   #25

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #88
Quote:
Well there are former Carriage employees that started Redwood
True Statement

They are the same two that helped bankrupt Carriage and both just got fired from Crossroads/Redwood. I hope the next company that hires them checks their references better.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:18 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
rcflame to be fair, I quoted Lloyd from another forum from quite some time ago.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #27

THOR #65
LLoyd,
No need to apologize. It was a good debate and I have been proven wrong many times before. It was good jousting with you.
Now as to Hunter11, and the bankruptcy of Carriage, the management may have had something to due with it, but the main problem was with the financing. Carriage used National City bank as their main financing institution. Nation City was taken over by PNC bank which changed the financing structure and wouldn't continue to finance Carriage. Carriage tried to negotiate something with PNC, and with the RV market down, Carriage couldn't find somebody else to finance them so they went belly up. I had a Carriage at the time and was interested in what was happening. This is what was in several news releases and rv magazines. At the time I also had a National City credit card that they changed to a PNC card. They changed the reward program and several other things on the card so I dropped it, so I can believe PNC changed the Carriage program.