Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > Redwood | Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #1

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Ontario
THOR #440
refrigerator issue

We just got our new 2013 36fb to the campground. I fired up the fridge on AC and then after 30 minutes an alarm came in with no AC. I switched to LP and it worked We checked all the breakers and reset and still no AC. At the suggestion of our dealer we checked the power plug to the fridge. We plugged into an extension card and the fridge worked on AC( good news, not circuit board). We then plugged in a portable radio to the receptacle and no power, bad receptacle. After doing more checks I found the receptacle on the counter by the fridge is also no working. Is there a GFI somewhere that needs to be reset?
The other problem I have is that the writing on the breaker panel is basically illegible. Is there a master somewhere that someone can share? There is a lot of guessing going on. Any ideas would be appreciated, and sorry for the rant.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:45 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Sounds like there probably is numerous receptacles wired in line and one of them is a GFI. About all you can do is go thru your rig and check all your receptacles and find the GFI and reset it.

If you don't get any answers on the breaker panel then you will have to go thru that and check each breaker out to see what it controls and mark them yourself.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #3

THOR #440
Thanks.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:42 PM   #4

State: Texas
THOR #320
This may sound stupid, but I had a similar problem. I thought the park had low or no power at the 50amp plug. It turned out that my battery had gone bad and was somehow preventing the frig from working on AC. I put in a new battery and everything worked fine. Go figure.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:35 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
No, that doesn't sound stupid at all.
The RV fridge needs 12 volt to operate, whether it's in AC or P mode.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:57 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Check the outlet in the bathroom. Generally any outlets wired after the GFI become protected.

In my moho the kitchen and bathroom are both GFI protected, but the GFI itself is in the bathroom. The kitchen outlet is "downstream" of the bathroom GFI outlet.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #7

THOR #440
Just an update. The hot water heater won't work on AC but will on LP, the entertainment centre has not power, and there also two outlets on that slide side that don't have power to them. I have scheduled a service when I am coming back after next weekend.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:43 PM   #8

State: Manitoba
THOR #369
We have a 2012 Redwood 5th Wheel. The high heat limit switch on the Norcold fridge went on and now the fridge will not work. Where would I get a part for the switch Part #634677 REV E. The part is not listed on the Norcold website.

Heather K
Old 05-26-2014, 07:13 PM   #9

THOR #440
Problem

Just an update on our situation. We took it to the dealer and after some major sleuthing they found a loose wire on the slide out going towards the junction box near the.entertainment system. Thanks for everyone's suggestions and kudos to Stormrunner in Bayfield Ont. for solving the problem.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:54 PM   #10

State: Manitoba
THOR #369
Li op

[QUOTE=Heather K;3364]We have a 2012 Redwood 5th Wheel. The high heat limit switch on the Norcold fridge went on and now the fridge will not work. Where would I get a part for the switch Part #634677 REV E. The part is not listed on the Norcold website.

Heather K QUOTE

Maybe I need to clarify my previoue post. The ice
-maker in my Norcold Fridge leaked. Water filled the electrical panel and onto the floor of my RV. The control panel on the fridge said "LI OP". We looked up in the owner's manual and it said that the "high temp. limit was open". We have someone in the park who works at an RV service site and he said that we need to replace the Norcold temp monitor. Part # 634677 REV E 1152 046

We have tried to get a replacement but no luck in Canada. Norcold webcite does not list this part. Any answers?
Old 05-26-2014, 11:58 PM   #11
Site Team

Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
I would call them with your model number, that part may have changed
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote