Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2018, 11:54 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
It will be interesting to see how the specific gravity of your bad cells on battery #4 will change and if they will fully recover to a full charge level long term. I found an interesting article (hyperlink at bottom) on wet cell battery plate sulphation that may be of interest to any readers who have followed this posting. I hope you fully recover your battery #4.

One other thing I was wondering is when you say you add new acid do you mean that you are adding a commercially purchased electrolyte solution which is a specific pre-mix of acid and distilled water? I read somewhere that just adding acid to a wet cell battery (that already has an original mix of acid and water) will upset the mix ratio and overall specific gravity readings....not sure I can find that article again though. Keep up the good work.

Battery Sulfation : Technical Support Desk

Old 12-08-2018, 04:25 PM   #42

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
and finally .....wait... SUCCESS!

the batteries are all reinstalled, the inverter is on, and was tested under load with fridge compressor, and vacuum, at the same time, and held up fine - the battery bank read as 12.8 when all installed - and I’m now equalizing...nice.

rainy, cold dreary weather, but a nice result : )
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:47 PM   #43

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
thanks, that info is valuable in trying to track down this 'issue'...

I know I have a 'momentary' Use/Store doorside switch, which should be controlling the RV CUSTOM PRODUCTS device, to shut off 12v power to the coach and the inverter.

I also have the dash AUX switch, which is a press-and-hold type switch to combine the House and Chassis battery banks. I suppose this goes thru the 80amp Buss Breaker and the WhiteRodgers 12v coil(?), which also has it's own separate 30amp inline FUSE attached, and PURPLE and WHITE secondary wires.(see below)

I'm still not sure about what the Trombetta 12v coil is for, as it's not even shown on this diagram... it sits above the other coil, under a large loom of wirings, and is very hard to see or get to, with maybe GREEN and BLACK secondary wires.
It's also covered in dirt/grime, although the WhiteRodgers coil is perfectly clean(?)(see below)
On my Tuscany the Trombetta is the one connected to the dash AUX switch

the amount of crud on your other relay could lead to some strange electrical issues, sure would clean it off