Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-06-2022, 10:29 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: Virginia
THOR #25276
‘22 29m toad ‘21 wrangler

First time towing our lifted ‘21 Jeep Wrangler and I was very impressed. Barely noticed it behind our 29m. I was concerned as our jeep tends to wander due to the lift and larger tires, but no issues whatsoever.

Using Demco Brake system, Blue Ox Alpha 2 tow bar. I like how the demco lets you know when the toad is braking…. A little extra feedback is nice. Kept the rear camera on most of the time to watch the jeep and traffic behind. The blue ox is easy on and off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	18ED9E44-D366-4276-8B0E-30F88C1D11D2.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	323.6 KB
ID:	37336   Click image for larger version

Name:	E08055ED-3470-4A63-8A8C-666B09B9D5AB.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	37337  

Click image for larger version

Name:	B5D7894C-5D10-4446-9528-A5D865EDD201.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	37338  

'21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Sky One Touch, 3.6L, 2.5” lift, Demco Brakes, Blue Ox A2.
Rclbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 03:34 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 29m
State: Washington
THOR #26091
Pulling the Wrangler

Yup, we also have the 29m Hurricane and the Wrangler, although the two door version and not lifted. It pulls great and like you I like to keep my camera on too, it really helps in knowing how far past I am from a passed vehicle before switching lanes.

Happy traveling!!
kgkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 06:11 PM   #3

Model: 2019 Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #17456
Thanks for the post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rclbud View Post
First time towing our lifted ‘21 Jeep Wrangler and I was very impressed. Barely noticed it behind our 29m. I was concerned as our jeep tends to wander due to the lift and larger tires, but no issues whatsoever.

Using Demco Brake system, Blue Ox Alpha 2 tow bar. I like how the demco lets you know when the toad is braking…. A little extra feedback is nice. Kept the rear camera on most of the time to watch the jeep and traffic behind. The blue ox is easy on and off.
I just bought a new Jeep Wrangler (no lift) and had it equipped with exactly the same towing setup as yours. I will tow it behind our Thor Vegas.

I'm glad to hear it's working out well!

Do you have any comments on your change in mpg while towing?
Old 05-09-2022, 01:56 AM   #4

THOR #25276
Quote:
Originally Posted by twovillagers View Post
I just bought a new Jeep Wrangler (no lift) and had it equipped with exactly the same towing setup as yours. I will tow it behind our Thor Vegas.

I did not, wish I had!
'21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Sky One Touch, 3.6L, 2.5” lift, Demco Brakes, Blue Ox A2.
Old 05-09-2022, 02:16 AM   #5

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Just towed the grandpa of your Wrangler (our 2001 Sport) over 250 miles Saturday through the Appalachians behind our class C. Occasionally the Invisibrake buzzer would sound if I held the brake too long. Other than that, I couldn't even tell it was back there.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:31 AM   #6

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:

How do you guys keep the rear camera on? Mine only comes on either in reverse or with warning flashers on. I have to hit the flashers to see my towed stuff .
Old 05-09-2022, 12:21 PM   #7

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
How do you guys keep the rear camera on? Mine only comes on either in reverse or with warning flashers on. I have to hit the flashers to see my towed stuff .
Don't know about others, but with the Axxera units there is an icon on the home screen to control that function.
Old 05-09-2022, 01:28 PM   #8
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
What model radio do you have?

Many have installed a separate monitor mounted on the dash to display the camera signal which us set to the rear camera by default by the switchbox.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 10:49 PM   #9
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Don't know about others, but with the Axxera units there is an icon on the home screen to control that function.
Same with Sound Design radio.
Old 05-09-2022, 11:16 PM   #10
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgkon View Post
Yup, we also have the 29m Hurricane and the Wrangler, although the two door version and not lifted. It pulls great and like you I like to keep my camera on too, it really helps in knowing how far past I am from a passed vehicle before switching lanes.

Happy traveling!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by twovillagers View Post

Never had any issues towing my Wrangler behind Hurricane.. Both a bit older (2010 Wrangler... 2014 Hurricane) - but still tows great.

Roadmaster towbar and Invisibrake...

MPG? in a V10? Single digits with or without the toad... Highway speed matters more than the extra weight already in the slipstream/draft behind me... The gas gauge moves inversely to the gas pedal...

(haven't seen how the V8 versions are doing in mileage...)

Camera normally on rear view when driving... if your radio doesn't support - as mentioned a separate monitor works... Will likely be replacing my radio (again) - so may be going down the separate monitor route.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 01:34 AM   #11

THOR #25276
Our ‘22 you can just pick camera and it stays on, reverting to side cameras as you use the turn signals. Then returns to rear. I really like this feature.