Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-03-2020, 05:07 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #16624
Auto gen

Does anyone know why my auto gen would start for no reason also the green light is blinking

Old 02-03-2020, 07:27 AM   #2

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
If you have it set to active and your thermostat threshold is reached, the generator will kick on to regulate the temperature set on the thermostat.
GVP
Old 02-03-2020, 04:23 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
The other trigger is coach battery voltage.
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 04:31 PM   #4

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
explain: what/where is this 'green light' you say is blinking

also, are you SURE the your AGS, if you even have it set up and 'enabled', actually is what started your Generator?

we need more details
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 06:14 PM   #5

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
need more info. Are you on Campground shore power using EMS?. EMS shut down from low voltage?

Please explain all details of your issue.
Old 02-03-2020, 06:16 PM   #6

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I haven't set up my ags yet.
I can tell you:
Random pushing of buttons will make it do random things... Sometimes days later.

We REALLY REALLY REALLY need a mandatory to read sticky on:
'how to ask a question'
Maybe you'll have to post in the:
'I understand my obligations to those I ask help from' thread before a new member can post a second time.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:05 PM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I haven't set up my ags yet.
I can tell you:
Random pushing of buttons will make it do random things... Sometimes days later.

We REALLY REALLY REALLY need a mandatory to read sticky on:
'how to ask a question'
Maybe you'll have to post in the:
'I understand my obligations to those I ask help from' thread before a new member can post a second time.
Turner answered his question 2 months ago. Probably never went back to look at the answer:

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...tart-2920.html
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:18 AM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #15296
Knotted panties

To those of you getting all wound up about folks posting questions without having all the information and becoming persnickety if the question was asked and answered months ago, let me just say that you’re the reason I read the posts. Keep up the good work maintaining my interest in this forum.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:07 AM   #9

THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Turner answered his question 2 months ago. Probably never went back to look at the answer:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...tart-2920.html
BigboyRoy is a junior member. Probably not as smart as a senior member and my not have seen the answer. Might not know how to look at subcribed threads.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:39 PM   #10

THOR #15943
Isn't it easier to just answer the question instead of getting torqued up and posting about your displeasure of redundant questions?

Jeez folks take a break.
GVP
Old 02-10-2020, 04:04 PM   #11

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
many of us will come onto these forums, many of which some of us subscribe and respond to, and will ask questions that have certainly been asked before - it's the nature of how we all 'converse' around the campfire.
If responses like 'well, just go google it...' were the typical response from other campfire attendees, it's most likely the fire would be out quickly.

Let people ask questions. Don't answer if you don't wish to. It's all good : )
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:17 PM   #12

Model: 25.2 Axis
THOR #3471
Agreed
Old 02-10-2020, 04:23 PM   #13

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
THOR #13932
So,
Some here think the question:
'What color should I paint my car?'
deserves an answer with no other detail asked prior to answering ?

I can, of course, leave the ignorant, ignorant, or I can suggest they put forth an effort deserving of the effort of others.

So,
What color should I paint my car?

I have, often, went the 100 yards to the barn to get a picture for someone with a question. If I don't have enough info to do this, I SHOULD ask for enough information to do this. If your baby says 'hurts!', I'm pretty sure every caretaker in the world responds with 'where?'

(one of the posters here is on my ignore list. So unless they said to Google it, which is partially why he's on my ignore list, I didn't see where ANYONE said to Google it).
Did someone post 'Google it or do a search?

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:45 PM   #14

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVP-The Boxcar Children View Post
Isn't it easier to just answer the question instead of getting torqued up and posting about your displeasure of redundant questions?

Jeez folks take a break.
GVP

[emoji106]
Old 02-11-2020, 04:57 AM   #15

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboyroy View Post
Does anyone know why my auto gen would start for no reason also the green light is blinking
You did not say what type of AGS you have, but I will assume it is NOT like mine which is EC-30 by Cummins - Onan. It is likely you have Magnum? Regardless you should check to see if it records all of it's recents events? My unit saves in a log the last 10 events or so that it took some action. It will tell me why the AGS turn itself on/off. It tracks what is Manual and what is Quiet Time.

Just so you know, if the generator started, it had some reason.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 12:03 PM   #16

THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboyroy View Post
How about coming back and answer the questions in post 4 and 5 so we can help you!
Old 02-17-2020, 09:02 AM   #17

THOR #15943
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
How about coming back and answer the questions in post 4 and 5 so we can help you!

I'm sure all of the rude responses have chased away yet another newbie that was only looking for help.
GVP
Old 02-17-2020, 02:30 PM   #18

Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Wow ...
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:46 AM   #19

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVP-The Boxcar Children View Post
I'm sure all of the rude responses have chased away yet another newbie that was only looking for help.
GVP
I don't know if I agree with the premise of rude responses, and that of running off a newbie in this case....

If you look at OP, you will see he / she asked same question 4 months ago (back in Oct 19). https://www.thorforums.com/forums/se...archid=2908909 A reply was given by TurnerFam then; but there was no response as to what happen. Same poster asked same question 4 months later but really not providing adequate info for legit response. During the meantime 30+replies and about 5,000 views nothing has been gained. How do I know this, because I really wanted to learn what the problem may have been. I don't know if I blamed those that have been trying to help
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 01:29 AM   #20
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I don't know if I agree with the premise of rude responses, and that of running off a newbie in this case....

If you look at OP, you will see he / she asked same question 4 months ago (back in Oct 19). https://www.thorforums.com/forums/se...archid=2908909 A reply was given by TurnerFam then; but there was no response as to what happen. Same poster asked same question 4 months later but really not providing adequate info for legit response. During the meantime 30+replies and about 5,000 views nothing has been gained. How do I know this, because I really wanted to learn what the problem may have been. I don't know if I blamed those that have been trying to help
I agree - I didn't really see any rude responses here, maybe some frustration that a question was asked with only minimum information by the OP who has never returned to participate in the thread he started. My observation in post #7 was not a complaint about redundant questions, I was just pointing out the "drive-by" phenomena in forums whereby some posters (usually less than 5 posts) find the forum, sign up to ask a question, go away for a few days and either resolved their issue or forgot where they were when they posted the question. I was just pointing out this history with this poster and this problem so that all those who wanted more information and were anxious to help might realize this poster was a two-time drive-by and probably was not coming back to this thread to answer the questions and participate in fixing his problem. two weeks later that appears to be the case. It happens; we can't do anything about it but just help the best we can with what information is provided.

It's not the first time and probably won't be the last.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote