Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2015, 07:07 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: outlaw
State: Georgia
THOR #731
Send a message via AIM to casper30004
2014 Outlaw Black water flush

I have a new 2014 Outlaw 37MD. I hook up the water hose to the the back water tank flush to rinse it out and only the grey water tank receives any water the black water tank stays dry. Has anyone had this issue point me in the right direction to correct it?

Thank you.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:31 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper30004 View Post
I have a new 2014 Outlaw 37MD. I hook up the water hose to the the back water tank flush to rinse it out and only the grey water tank receives any water the black water tank stays dry. Has anyone had this issue point me in the right direction to correct it?

Thank you.
Either your grey tank is a combination grey and black or someone put the nozzle into the wrong tank. if you have multiple toilets the combination tank is a possibility.

You may want to call Thor and get a waste water layout diagram and see how your rig's waster tanks are plumbed.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:39 PM   #3

Model: outlaw
State: Georgia
THOR #731
Send a message via AIM to casper30004
Thank You Dave,
I have 2 separate tanks, I think you may be right that the nozzle is in the wrong tank. I will call Thor tech support when they reopen Monday. They have been very helpful in the past.I think the shower goes into the black tank as it fills so quickly. Cant wait to shake everything out, getting a little frustrated that I am always taking it back to the dealer.

Thanks Again.

Larry
Old 04-11-2015, 02:06 PM   #4
Site Team

THOR #1469
Casper,

Get the waste plumbing layout before going back to the dealer. You may find that the system is plumbed as designed (as stupid as it may seem to an average person).

On my coach I have three waste tanks. I have one that is black only, one that is grey water for the kitchen and bathroom sinks and one grey water for the outside kitchen, shower and washing machine (plumbed but not installed). The unfortunate part was until I got the waste plumbing layout and ran my own tests running water and draining tanks one at a time neither the dealer nor the Thor regional sales rep could tell me what the configuration was. They tried telling me that one grey water tank was for the outside kitchen only.

I have found that Thor customer service is relatively responsive to my requests. Some of their tech support folks aren't too bright but I learned to hang up on them and then call back and get someone smarter on the line.

How do you like the Outlaw? We thought about getting the new Residential Edition with the large master bedroom and outdoor kitchen but then decided on the Challenger instead.
FMCA - F432054
Old 06-15-2015, 11:43 PM   #5

Model: Outlaw 37LS
State: Louisiana
THOR #2238
Anything is possible. They reversed the tank gauges in my Outlaw. It showed that the black was full when it was really the grey.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:47 AM   #6

THOR #2238
The black water drain valve should be kept open anytime you are pushing water through the flush fitting. If you are trying to fill the black water tank with the flush and the grey water tank gauge shows an increase, you may have reversed wires at gauge like I did. They either installed flush in wrong tank or wired gauges backwards. Wire are a lot easier to fix. I just re read your post and if it shows that your shower is flowing into the black tank on gauges, the wires have to be reversed. The grey tank is directly below the shower.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:18 AM   #7
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfstuart View Post
The black water drain valve should be kept open anytime you are pushing water through the flush fitting. If you are trying to fill the black water tank with the flush and the grey water tank gauge shows an increase, you may have reversed wires at gauge like I did. They either installed flush in wrong tank or wired gauges backwards. Wire are a lot easier to fix. I just re read your post and if it shows that your shower is flowing into the black tank on gauges, the wires have to be reversed. The grey tank is directly below the shower.
When I bought my Challenger Thor could not tell me, initially, what fixtures were plumbed into which tanks. I have two 40 gallon grey tanks and one 40 gallon black. After ensuring all tanks were empty I started running water through each fixture (Kitchen sink, shower, etc...) what I found was that anything on the drivers side went into one grey tank and the fixtures on the passenger side went into the other. The toilet only went into the black. I later got the waste water diagram from Thor which confirmed what I found during testing. My black tank flush does in fact flush the black tank. My panel controls are wired to the correct tanks.

For piece of mind you may want to perform a similar test so you know for sure what is draining into what. There are some models that have the bathroom sink plumbed into the black tank instead of a grey tank.
FMCA - F432054
Old 06-16-2015, 12:51 PM   #8

THOR #2238
Outlaw only has 1 black and 1 grey tank. Black tank is below toilet and grey is below shower.If you pour water into shower and black tank gauge level increases, they are wired backwards. Simple test/ simple fix.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:06 PM   #9

Model: Super C Chateau 35SK
State: Texas
THOR #921
My 35SK had the gauge mis-wired as well. It nearly caused an overflow into the coach. I kept emptying the grey when the black was almost full (showing empty).