Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2015, 01:16 PM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z View Post
As well as the overhead doors on a lot of office cubicles. Kind of makes you wonder why even bother...
It keeps honest people honest.

My thought is if they want what's inside the compartment bad enough at least with the key they don't damage the structure to get the goods.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:25 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I know this is getting off topic, but I can't help myself.

Why do they lock the holding tank dump compartment?

Especially on my coach as it is open to the bottom. So if someone wanted to dump my holding tank on the parking lot while the RV is parked at WalMart, they could just reach under the chassis and yank the lever.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:23 PM   #23
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z

Especially on my coach as it is open to the bottom. So if someone wanted to dump my holding tank on the parking lot while the RV is parked at WalMart, they could just reach under the chassis and yank the lever.
I can't answer your question but on the Vega/Axis units it is not open on the bottom. There is an access plate you unscrew to open up the hole (its similar to the deck ports on boats like this guy: Watertight Inspection or Access Port Deck Plate 4" White Screw-In SeaDog Line 337140-1).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:47 PM   #24
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:

On the Challengers you cannot access the dump values or piping from under the coach. All of the plumbing and electrical is behind locked compartments, with the exception of the propane tank which is in an unlocked compartment. The sewer, water hose(s) and electrical cable are all routed through access panels in the bottom of the storage compartments. This access is closed with either a screw on cover or flip down access cover when not in use. My issue with this system is that instead of using an electrical cable access cover for the 50 amp cable (which is what they used for the fresh water hose) they installed a sewer hose access cover. A change to this access point is on my growing list of future mods since this gives critters and reptiles access to the inside of this storage compartment.
FMCA - F432054
Old 03-10-2015, 03:00 PM   #25
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:

One other point, the drain valves for the black and main gray tank are in the same compartment as the Anderson termination panel. This panel controls fresh tank fill, city water use, black tank flush (separate water inlet), water heater bypass (one of 2 WH bypasses on the coach), winterization and sanitation, outdoor shower and the whole coach water filter. The gate valve for my second grey tank is in another compartment behind the rear wheels.

One item I am trying to determine about the Anderson termination panel is whether or not the system contains a pressure regulator. The panel states the max pressure is 100 PSI but I do not know if it has the ability to decrease the water pressure down to a safe level for the coach's plumbing system (55psi according to Thor).
FMCA - F432054
Old 03-18-2015, 03:20 AM   #26

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1711
I'm seriously considering the 37ND. Do you have the exterior kitchen? Do you find that you can take what you need without overloading the rig? I'm going back and forth on wanting a washer/dryer. I'll be solo so it seems faster to do laundry in a Laundromat.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:27 AM   #27
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrplm View Post
I'm seriously considering the 37ND. Do you have the exterior kitchen? Do you find that you can take what you need without overloading the rig? I'm going back and forth on wanting a washer/dryer. I'll be solo so it seems faster to do laundry in a Laundromat.
I am not yet full timing so I am rarely concerned about overloading. I have not yet had the rig weighed. The shakedown cruise on it begins tomorrow.

I have transferred everything from my Class C over to the Challenger and still have 3 drawers in the bedroom, the cabinet over the living area TV and 3 outside storage compartments empty. The three storage bays that have mechanicals inside (water termination, rear grey dump, shore power hookup) also do not have anything stored.

I have the outdoor kitchen and that was the selling point on the 37ND. Out Forest River Class C had that feature and it was one that we had to have in an A as well. With the 37ND there are 3 slides rather than the single full wall slide that is giving some folks a lot of trouble.

I do not have a washer/dryer and don't want one. The area that is prepped for the WD combo has become our coat closet.

One thing I miss from the Class C deals with the refrigerator. The C had a 4 door Dometic RV gas/elec frig. That frig had adjustable wire loops on the shelves that were used to keep items from sliding around when traveling. As we were performing our food load-up yesterday I announced to the co-pilot that we had a serious problem and immediately departed for our local Travel Trailer dealer. There I purchased every adjustable refrigerator storage bar they had in stock (3 large and 2 small). The Whirlpool residential refrigerator is nice and large, but it is not designed to store food while traveling down the road at 60 MPH.

I'll let you know more after the shakedown.
FMCA - F432054