Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2016, 02:27 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger
State: North Carolina
THOR #1078
2015 Challenger wall slide pulling away!

Our 2015 Challenger 37 KT wall slide is pulling away from the coach wall. We didn't know this until the cable broke and when we took the unit to a repair station they informed us the slide rollers and frame were installed incorrectly at the factory. I called the manufacturer that makes the slide mechanism for Thor and they confirmed that the mechanism was installed incorrectly at the Thor factory when the unit was built. Thor has refused to accept responsibility for the repair which we were quoted to be north of $3000 by Camping World of Statesville, NC. CW as well as another repair station informed us that the slide must be removed and the rollers and frame installed correctly. The slide has not operated smoothly since we purchased the unit, but being our first coach we had no idea there was a problem until the cable broke and the trim along the bedroom ceiling flew off and almost hit our son sitting on the bed. We continue to fight with Thor to pay for this poor workmanship. Our coach is unusable and we continue to make monthly payments on a coach that we cannot use.

Old 06-01-2016, 04:01 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Lance,

I too had a long battle with THor regarding a problem with my batteries. After several months I took the address given on another thread on this forum and wrote a very detailed letter (with all the documentation I had) to the CEO, President and Director Thor Industries Inc. a Mr. Robert Martin.

I received a check for the replacements.

I have worked with CW of Statesville and they were helpful in the matter above. Below is from the thread "Some Kind Words for Thor" item#4 by rdmartiniv. It worked for me.
Thor Owner/President.
Robert W. Martin (no kin), CEO, President and Director
Thor Industries, Inc.
601 East Beardsley Avenue
Elkhart, IN 46514-3305

Be sure to write a proper letter. One of many examples is at Free Complaint Letter Template | Sample Letter of Complaint. Make sure you check your spelling and grammar. Let them know they are dealing with someone that is intelligent. Don't threaten. Be polite. Stick to facts and what you want to happen.
Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote