Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2020, 03:52 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #21443
Sprinter Shops/Mechanics nearby???

Good morning all,

We just recently purchased a used 2017 Four Winds 24FS. It currently has an open Recall for the Air Bags, this I know I need to take to a Mercedes Dealer that works on Sprinters.

However for normal Schedule A and Schedule B and various items does anyone know of any Sprinter Mechanics around (or reasonable driving) to Dubuque IA / Galena IL area?

Thank you in advance....

Old 12-14-2020, 04:52 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds Siesta 24 SA
State: South Carolina
THOR #13919
I take mine to a Dodge dealer. They are well versed in sprinters and very reasonable charges.
Harry
Old 12-14-2020, 05:46 PM   #3

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
When we had the Gemini, which was on a MB chassis, no independent that I contacted would even work on it, and I discovered that not all MB dealers will work on Sprinters. I just had everything done that was related to the chassis at the MB dealer nearby that would work on Sprinters. As mentioned, there are a few Dodge dealers that will work on them, non anywhere near me, though. It actually turned out to be more convenient, and faster to have chassis related work done there. Probably more expensive, but, nothing about any RV is exactly inexpensive.
Old 12-14-2020, 06:27 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
My Dealership (Tiffin) handled the Schedule A servicing. They suggested looking for a Mercedes Dealership that works on their trucks...
By the way: Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new RV!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 06:49 PM   #5

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Welcome to the forum. I usually take my Sprinter Motor Home to my local MB dealership, but I also have a Ford Car Dealership nearby that also works on all motor homes. They have 6 bays fitted for motor homes. You can also look into Camping World for oil changes and some maintenance for Sprinters.

Paul
Old 12-19-2020, 12:56 AM   #6

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
State: Florida
THOR #2812
Some Freightliner shops also do Sprinter service. Sprinters are also sold and "badged " by Freightliner but I understand that next year only Mercedes will sell Sprinter van. While on the road I have used Christopher Freightliner in Greenville, SC for routine service and warranty repairs and a recall. They use MB parts and update your MB service records.
Here in Pensacola the MB dealer (Centennial) has fully equipped Sprinter shop. The normal Freightliner or MB dealer will not work on Sprinter, specific tools and diagnostics needed. (call ahead)
I don't think Sprinter vans were sold by Dodge after 2010.
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 01:31 PM   #7

State: Illinois
THOR #21443
Thanks everyone, my Sprinter has the Air Bag Recall...so, I am going to have the Schedule B done when Mercedes gets the Air Bag Parts in. Then, after that I will look into some of these other ideas. There is a Truck Country near me that works on Freightliner And Diesel Semis,I will call and see if they work on Sprinters too...
Old 12-22-2020, 02:59 PM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ontario
THOR #21345
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryTh View Post
I take mine to a Dodge dealer. They are well versed in sprinters and very reasonable charges.
Harry
+1

Not all Dodge, Freightliner, service centers will work on them but some do. It's worth a phone call.

You might also want to Google local diesel repair shops. I was quite surprised to find out that some relatively small diesel repair shops will work on Sprinters. Even my local NAPA service center works on mine.

Mercedes is the last place I'd take mine. Even though they "know" Sprinters inside-out, the cost is prohibitive and the atmosphere there is way, way too hoity-toity for me.