Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2016, 09:06 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas
State: Alaska
THOR #1728
2015 Vegas

I have a new Vegas and am new to RV's but the the holding tanks seem to be in a weird spot as it looks like not all of the tank will empty if I string the hose over the compartment door, am I doing something wrong?

Old 07-12-2016, 09:18 PM   #2
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by will4u View Post
I have a new Vegas and am new to RV's but the the holding tanks seem to be in a weird spot as it looks like not all of the tank will empty if I string the hose over the compartment door, am I doing something wrong?
Welcome to the forum !
Which Vegas model do you have. The holding tanks are in various places depending on the model.

For instance, in our Axis 24.1, the black water tank hose goes directly down from the tank to the ground and then, we hope directly to the sewer. You always want that hose to go down so it will drain as efficiently as possible.

There are many RV owners on this forum who will be happy to help you solve those problems which arise.

Happy camping !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:50 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
The outlet nozzle will rotate into the hole in the bottom of that compartment. Look in there there is an access panel you can unscrew, then rotate the outlet down to that hole.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:02 PM   #4

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
do you mean over the actual bay DOOR, or over the bottom EDGE of the door frame?

a sewer hose should allow the tanks to empty even if you are having the hose come out of the bay itself, though it's best to angle the main outlet DOWN and hook your sewer hose from under the bay and up through the round floor plate...
Old 07-12-2016, 10:05 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
take a flashlight and look into the bay there is a small round panel at the bottom directly under the sewer outlet that will unscrew--its about 6" in diameter.

If there isn't you need to take yours back to the dealer.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:06 PM   #6

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Will -- go to the Motorhome Tech Topic section of this forum. Go down the list of threads and you'll find one that has a link to Ed's Manual. This is an Owners manual I compiled especially for new owners of a Vegas/Axis. Go to the link and download my manual. I think you will find it very useful in answering questions.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #7

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Like Jamie said there should be a 6 inch plastic disc screwed in an access hole on the floor of the sewer valve bay. Unscrew that disc and you should now have s hole in the floor of the sewer valve bay. Look closely at where the sewer hose attaches. The attachment should be a Y shaped flange. That Y will rotate down so the exit is pointing straight down at the 6 inch hole where you removed the disc. This Y joint can be tight and you might have to exert some force but it should swivel down. If it doesn't swivel go to the dealer -- the factory might have gotten some of the pipe glue on the Y.

Route the sewer hose UNDER the RV and UP THROUGH the 6 inch hole so that you can attach it to the Y flange. If you are routing the sewer hose THROUGH THE OPEN ACCESS DOOR you are connecting it wrong. The stuff you are trying to dump will not flow "up hill."
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:57 AM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
THOR #17898
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Like Jamie said there should be a 6 inch plastic disc screwed in an access hole on the floor of the sewer valve bay. Unscrew that disc and you should now have s hole in the floor of the sewer valve bay. Look closely at where the sewer hose attaches. The attachment should be a Y shaped flange. That Y will rotate down so the exit is pointing straight down at the 6 inch hole where you removed the disc. This Y joint can be tight and you might have to exert some force but it should swivel down. If it doesn't swivel go to the dealer -- the factory might have gotten some of the pipe glue on the Y.

Route the sewer hose UNDER the RV and UP THROUGH the 6 inch hole so that you can attach it to the Y flange. If you are routing the sewer hose THROUGH THE OPEN ACCESS DOOR you are connecting it wrong. The stuff you are trying to dump will not flow "up hill."
Is this the same set-up on the 2018 Vegas 24-1? Thanks John
Old 03-10-2020, 01:22 AM   #9

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Yes, all of the Axis / Vegas models work the same way.

This output nozzel is very stiff to rotate. I used some spay lube on both pivot bolts on the side and rotated up and down several times to loosen it up some.

Its still stiff but works fine.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote