Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2016, 12:33 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratosthenes View Post
So what happens when you need to use the refrigerator while you're changing clothes? [emoji6]

But seriously, I can see why my wife might like this design ... even though it is more fiddly then the new design.

Thanks for the drawings and the explanation!
One can still close the door if someone's in the shower to access the fridge...in case of thirst emergency.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:13 AM   #22

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Larry -- yep as long as they stay in the shower. Once they step out the refrigerator is off limits until the bathroom doors are changed to the closed position

One other thing we like -- it is just my wife & I and out 17 lb dog. Lilly limes to sleep on a pillow on top of the nightstand between the twin beds. When we go to bed we put the bathroom door in the open position. That closes off the living area so the dog doesn't go out and sleep on the couch. In addition the door doesn't make any noise when either of us get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:23 AM   #23
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker
In addition the door doesn't make any noise when either of us get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.
No, but the water pump (which is under the passenger side bed) does.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:38 AM   #24

THOR #1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
No, but the water pump (which is under the passenger side bed) does.
Or engaging the flush feature while connected to city water hook up.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:47 AM   #25

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
No prob with pump -- we don't boondock. When on city water it's a quick depression of the flush petal. So far we have not put any solids in our black tank. We use the park's facility.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:03 AM   #26

THOR #1123
We do the same Ed.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:08 AM   #27

State: Texas
THOR #1417
We have a 2015 Axis 24.1, with the larger windshield and the original bathroom door. Personally, I love the door and it is one of the things that has worked out the best for us. I like having the whole bedroom be part of the bathroom when I'm in there...much less claustrophobic.

So far, we have no crack in the windshield. Hope it stays that way. And we have replaced the shower rod with the ARC rod, and that makes a huge difference. It never bothered my husband in the first place since he just takes quick showers, but I'm happier with the extra room.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:14 AM   #28

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #4397
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
... When we go to bed we put the bathroom door in the open position. That closes off the living area so the dog doesn't go out and sleep on the couch. In addition the door doesn't make any noise when either of us get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.
Ohh! Now this might be a feature for us as I almost always get up an hour or two before my wife does. I will usually putter around the house or the coach quietly. Now the new bathroom doors make noise with those magnets which might wake her ... food for thought.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-01-2016, 02:23 AM   #29

THOR #4397
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
No prob with pump -- we don't boondock. When on city water it's a quick depression of the flush petal. So far we have not put any solids in our black tank. We use the park's facility.
Not so with us ... in the past we really like the self contained bathroom of the MH. My wife will always want to answer the call of nature in the MH bathroom.

I have heard of other Thor products having problems with solid waste and shallow black tanks ... hence an elevated throne on many toliets.

Comments ... potty humor? [emoji50]
Old 06-01-2016, 02:57 AM   #30
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Re the bathroom doors on the Vegas/Axis ... someone posted several months ago...the person in the 'john' has the advantage .. with the fridge within arms reach if you get thirsty !!

We liked the Axis/Vegas when we first saw the 2014 models, but, to be honest...we saw a new unit and the track for the bathroom door had been pulled loose from the ceiling. We backed off and stayed with our rv which we had at the time.
Then, came the 2016...we liked immediately...sure, the bathroom is rather small...but it works for us...and I bet those of you who are traveling, husband and wife...if you have been married for a loooong time...privacy is not that big an issue ! ... hey ! even our cat comes in the bathroom when we are in there !!

We are on the road now...in Colorado...have put our new coach thru the paces including 2 Colorado mountain passes over 9000' ... Ron gently took her up and over and down and she did well. We are close to 3000 miles and she is running well. The smart transmission in the E450 wants to do what it wants to do in this type of driving and one must get used to it.

Tonight we used our awning, until the breeze picked up....all tv's and new smart antenna work well ... a/c is great...other than the rotten plastic dials on the Ford a/c and vent fan up front (Thor will hear about that) ... you all might check your dials/knobs on the dash!
Pull one off and see if the plastic which fits over the control device is broken.

That's all we have for today...will checkin again tomorrow...
headed to Monument Valley and Lake Powell and Grand Canyon !

happy camping all !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	KOA Cortez.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	2139
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:23 AM   #31
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratosthenes
I have heard of other Thor products having problems with solid waste and shallow black tanks ... hence an elevated throne on many toliets.
Haven't had any issues with ours. I did have the dealer install a Tornado flush kit when we picked it up though.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:42 AM   #32

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
THOR #2142
Jamie,

Do you remember how long it took the dealership to install the Torado flush kit? Mine estimated 3 hrs. It does not look like that tough of an install, might just do it myself.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:05 PM   #33
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike
Do you remember how long it took the dealership to install the Torado flush kit? Mine estimated 3 hrs. It does not look like that tough of an install, might just do it myself.
I'd do it myself now. I had just figured that since we were going through delivery they could do it. I don't think it would be more than a 20 minute or so job but then you'd want to wait for the sealant to set prior to using which may take some time.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:47 PM   #34

THOR #2142
Jamie,

I've seen pictures (this Forum) of the unit installed and I have read the instructions. Tough part would be making sure it gets installed on the correct tank...and crawling in under there!

Doc

Old 06-01-2016, 01:28 PM   #35
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
I've seen pictures (this Forum) of the unit installed and I have read the instructions. Tough part would be making sure it gets installed on the correct tank...and crawling in under there!
Well open the side hatch: That is the black tank. Not hard to find. If you install it where my dealer did then no crawling is necessary!

Another reason I'd do it myself: I wanted it installed at the rear of the tank, not just any old easily accessible place on the outside.
There is plenty of room to do the install on the right-hand side there (which is the back of the tank--it drains to the left). Installing it there means I can't leave the anti-siphon valve on: I have to put the cap on it every time I use it and I had to shave the top of the cap off so that I could close that hatch. Even with that there is some crushed Styrofoam on the cover to make room for the cap.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #36

THOR #2142
Jamie,

As you face the tank in the picture you sent, the instructions show installing it on the right side to the back upper corner with the extension fill hose mounted in the dead space there on the right.

I believe this will be my weekend project. I'll take pictures.

Doc

Old 06-01-2016, 01:59 PM   #37
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
As you face the tank in the picture you sent, the instructions show installing it on the right side to the back upper corner with the extension fill hose mounted in the dead space there on the right.
Correct: My intent was to install it in the proper spot to the right and run the extension fill hose to the dump compartment...but of course I didn't indicate that to the dealer and thus you get what you ask for.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:03 PM   #38

THOR #4397
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Haven't had any issues with ours. I did have the dealer install a Tornado flush kit when we picked it up though.
Sounds good to me! Making sure the bathroom runs properly for my wife is very important to me. I will make sure the dealer installs it properly ... as my wife does not let me do any plumbing jobs (smart woman).