Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2016, 02:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 37RB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3558
2016 Outlaw....Owners?

Our first RV. It checked all the boxes for us. Room enough for 2 to live with 2 big dogs (90lbs each), Garage for my motorcycle, ramp that converts to patio, class A so we can tow our car if necessary and plenty of outside storage.

On the return from purchase trip we found a few small items that need adjusting that were missed in the delivery inspection. No big deal, I've just started a to do list for me to fix.

Other than the drive to Maryland and then a short hop up to Gettysburg where we will be working until November the coach will be parked.

Any owners here that can share your impression with me. Things to look for or watch out for?

One question I do have is.....where is the antenna booster switch? Is there one?

Old 01-29-2016, 05:45 AM   #2

State: Texas
THOR #2613
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyOutlaw View Post
Our first RV. It checked all the boxes for us. Room enough for 2 to live with 2 big dogs (90lbs each), Garage for my motorcycle, ramp that converts to patio, class A so we can tow our car if necessary and plenty of outside storage.

On the return from purchase trip we found a few small items that need adjusting that were missed in the delivery inspection. No big deal, I've just started a to do list for me to fix.

Other than the drive to Maryland and then a short hop up to Gettysburg where we will be working until November the coach will be parked.

Any owners here that can share your impression with me. Things to look for or watch out for?

One question I do have is.....where is the antenna booster switch? Is there one?
Don't know what version you have, but on our 38re the cabinet above the kitchen sink holds the DVD player and on the wall in back of cabinet is the antenna booster switch.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:06 PM   #3

THOR #3558
Yea, I forgot to post the model. Class A 37RB.

Thanks for the info. Unit is in storage right now but I'll look in that cabinet for it.

Any issues or quirks that I should be aware of?
Old 01-30-2016, 01:50 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: New York
THOR #624
Harley, how much headroom is in the loft area? Thanks.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:53 AM   #5

THOR #3558
maybe 3' or so. LOL. I figure it will be good for the grand kids and storage. Theres cabinets along 2 walls with windows on the other.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:07 AM   #6

State: New York
THOR #624
I haven't as of yet set foot in an Outlaw, but that's kind of what I figured. I much prefer the bath & LR/Kit layout of the LS over the RB, but suspected the LS's bedroom wouldn't be practical for those of more advanced years. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:12 AM   #7

THOR #3558
The LS was my first choice because the living floor plan seems to be a little bigger. I had my parents go look at it since there wasn't one close to me. They are in their 70's. The feed back I got was it would not be good to climb into and out of each day and then you would be on your knees trying to crawl around and make the bed.

On the plus side, the glass patio door in the bedroom of the RB makes it feel much bigger if you don't have to have the shade down.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:47 PM   #8

State: Kansas
THOR #3646
Will be picking up 2016 37LS tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:22 PM   #9

Model: Outlaw 38 RE
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3657
Have you had any hiccups or issues with the new Outlaw? Just picked up my new 38RE and would like to be on the lookout for issues and or quirks.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:28 PM   #10

THOR #3558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normfitz View Post
Have you had any hiccups or issues with the new Outlaw? Just picked up my new 38RE and would like to be on the lookout for issues and or quirks.
Well, just the other day we loaded up for a small trip. Then I noticed the end cap that houses the tail lights was cracked in several places. Emailed my dealer and they think it's a warranty issue. I;m gonna stop at a dealer in a day or so and ask them to document it for me and look at a few other issues. The rear steps stopped working and the dash heat does not work. Thor thinks that's a vacuum hose issue and a simple fix.

I'll update as I learn more.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:45 PM   #11

State: Kansas
THOR #3646
Quote:
Nothing too major just small things. Biggest thing so far is under the dinette the sub-woofer was not hooked up, and a "hot" electric outlet laying beside the sub-woofer. Not sure where the electric outlet is suppose to be located.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:02 PM   #12

THOR #3558
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkars22 View Post
Nothing too major just small things. Biggest thing so far is under the dinette the sub-woofer was not hooked up, and a "hot" electric outlet laying beside the sub-woofer. Not sure where the electric outlet is suppose to be located.
Thanks for the reminder. Our sub-woofer was not fastened down and bounced around enough to break the RCA jack off in the plug. Got that removed but I need to screw that thing down now. Our outlet under the dinette is just attached to the dinette and the sub-woofer plugs into it. I thought that was a strange arrangement.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:31 PM   #13

THOR #2613
Quote:
We had problems with the full wall slide. Ultimately the motors were replaced. I was told that due to multiple issues Thor began placing larger motors. Hopefully you will not have this problem.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:43 PM   #14

THOR #3657
Hope not. Lots of screws missing here and there. Tightening everything.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:58 AM   #15

Model: Outlaw 38RE
THOR #2145
Outlaw 38RE Warranty Repairs

Our 38RE is currently in the shop for leaking shower and rear right slide issues -
The shower drain is leaking from under the coach and between the shower door and top of the pan -
The slide is not level; it has gouged the flooring and ripped part of the bed frame where the mattress deck slides across the bed frame when opening and closing -
Thor has already approved the repairs and shipped the materials to my local repair facility -
The only other issues that we have found so far was a dented refrigerator, the TV antenna was installed backwards and some broken 12v wiring leading to the antenna booster -
Thor sent me 2 new refrigerator doors. I took the cabinet apart and repaired the wiring. Since the antenna works, I haven't been in a big hurry to take it off just to turn the base around -
Thor's tech support guys have been nothing short of outstanding when I call!
2016 Outlaw Josey Wales 38RE #2630
FMCA F455018
crey0517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #16

State: Florida
THOR #6236
Thank you for the posts

We are a family of four looking to buy the 37rb and this forum is very helpful in managing our expectations. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:25 PM   #17

Model: Outlaw 38RE
State: Ohio
THOR #7022
2016 Outlaw....Owners?

First camp shakedown
We had our first trip with "the Beast". Overall went well but found some issues. Took it to the dealer and they are addressing them now.
1. the Black tank indicators do not register anything above empty. Looks like some of the wires are not connected correctly. All other indicators seem to work.
2. Propane BBQ hook up was installed incorrectly as you could not turn on the valve at the site. Easy fix by the dealer, just turned another 1/4 turn and retested to ensure no gas leak. Now works fine.
3. Water bay needed to have the panel secured. Only one side secured.

All else seem to work very well. Ill keep my fingers crossed.

The dealer I work with has been fantastic! Very responsive, always just a text or phone call away. Always have answered all my questions. De-winterized(summerized) the unit with me on last inspection. Performance RV in Columbus, OH is great!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6769.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	373.4 KB
ID:	4517Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6767.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	349.2 KB
ID:	4518Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1491690441.617580.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	273.4 KB
ID:	4519Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6768.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	307.5 KB
ID:	4520
Old 07-30-2017, 12:06 AM   #18

Model: Windsport 34J
State: Alabama
THOR #4274
We are considering trading our Windsport for an Outlaw, and the RE seems to be the best floor plan for our needs. But concerned about the size of the rear deck. Would it hold two chairs? It looks small in pictures and we have not seen one in person yet...
Old 07-30-2017, 01:18 AM   #19

THOR #3657
Outlaw re deck

Fits 4 chairs easy. Plenty of room.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:45 AM   #20

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
First mod you should do is the chf (cheap handling fix) it will make a huge positive difference in how your coach drives. YouTube videos explain what it is and how to do it, if you're interested ask and someone will give you instructions if you need them. The fix is free except for your time and fairly easy with a very few tools. Takes about 1-11/2 hours to do depending on your parking surface.