Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2017, 07:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35M
State: New York
THOR #6597
2017 Hurricane basement storage.

We are upgrading from a Freedom Elite FE 30 class C, to a Hurricane 35 M class A. Going to be picking up the new coach on Wednesday, and was interested to know about the basement storage compartments. How many are there, and how spacious they are. We are packing up "stuff" today, and don't know how much room we will have compared to the ClassC. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:24 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
The 35M is a beautiful coach and has loads of storage everywhere. Congratulations!!!
Old 08-06-2017, 08:51 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Florida
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmandart View Post
We are upgrading from a Freedom Elite FE 30 class C, to a Hurricane 35 M class A. Going to be picking up the new coach on Wednesday, and was interested to know about the basement storage compartments. How many are there, and how spacious they are. We are packing up "stuff" today, and don't know how much room we will have compared to the ClassC. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.
I upgraded from a 2016 Axis 25.2 to a Windsport 31s and have to say there is triple the storage in the Windsport. You will be surprised on how much storage you will have. I have 6 big storage compartments. Plus an outside kitchen where I can store a lot of beverages in the fridge and not tie up the inside one.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:02 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 35M
THOR #6597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
The 35M is a beautiful coach and has loads of storage everywhere. Congratulations!!!

Thanks
Old 08-06-2017, 11:23 PM   #5

Model: Windsport. 35M
THOR #6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmandart View Post
We went from a FE29 to a Windsport 35M. You will be very pleased with the increase in storage. We love it. Be sure to check the basement storage compartments to make sure they properly screwed in the bottoms/floors. One of mine was only done half way. I could see the road as it separated. I end up putting in an additional 93 screws among all the compartments.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:39 AM   #6

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: Colorado
THOR #7174
We are in a Hurricane 35C at first I was a little disappointed but then I organized things and now I have plenty of room. I think the key is once you settled for a few weeks and maybe done a trip, go back and organize things again and optimize the space