Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2017, 12:06 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Texas
THOR #1291
2018 a.c.e 30.3

Found out totday that the TV in the LR is not wired to the inverter...BUT the liftmotor runs on 12V.

Whats the point of that ? How hard could it have been to run that outlet for the TV on the inverter circuit as well ?

Old 05-28-2017, 02:45 AM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Normally Thor Plant 750 wires all TVs and the microwave through the inverter. If they didn't wire it this way, I would imagine someone made a mistake.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:48 AM   #3

THOR #1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Normally Thor Plant 750 wires all TVs and the microwave through the inverter. If they didn't wire it this way, I would imagine someone made a mistake.

Yeah the microwave is not wired for the inverter either. I will add it to my lists of clarify when I call THOR about the other warranty issues
Old 05-28-2017, 12:26 PM   #4

THOR #1291
bit the fridge is wired ti the inverter..which is kinda silly i rather have that go on propane
Old 05-28-2017, 06:21 PM   #5

Model: ACE 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #6007
Good luck with this...we have a 2018 ACE 29.3 on order for delivery in July....It comes with a 1000w inverter. I thought this was wired to the outdoor fridge and Outdoor TV but was hoping for more...My working plan was to upgrade to a 2000w true sine inventer and two, roof panel setup. Our goal is to use inside Tvs and low wattage other items off the inverter...

Am thinking your unit and my 29.3 should be similar in wiring department...info you find out on your unit would be appreciated

Oh, our unit is said to be 'solar ready'...what type of wiring is stubbed to your roof and is there a junction box on roof?...thanks
Old 05-28-2017, 07:24 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
On my Hurricane there are two plugs in the electronic cubby. One is a standard duplex wall receptacle and the other on is a single wall receptacle wired to the inverter. You can plug the microwave power cord into either. I have the DirectV stuff plugged into the inverter receptacle and the microwave into the duplex receptacle. The big Whirlpool microwave draws 13 amps so it won't work on a 15 amp inverter pass through is anything else is on.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:34 PM   #7

THOR #1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1912 View Post
Good luck with this...we have a 2018 ACE 29.3 on order for delivery in July....It comes with a 1000w inverter. I thought this was wired to the outdoor fridge and Outdoor TV but was hoping for more...My working plan was to upgrade to a 2000w true sine inventer and two, roof panel setup. Our goal is to use inside Tvs and low wattage other items off the inverter...

Am thinking your unit and my 29.3 should be similar in wiring department...info you find out on your unit would be appreciated

Oh, our unit is said to be 'solar ready'...what type of wiring is stubbed to your roof and is there a junction box on roof?...thanks
no junction box on the roof just 2 solar connectors.. I havnt been up there to take a close look yet but will let you know. The solar cables are suppose to be run into the battery compartment but I havnt found anything that could match them so Iknow what gauge wire they used so I can size the solar panels for the roof
Old 05-28-2017, 07:35 PM   #8

THOR #1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
On my Hurricane there are two plugs in the electronic cubby. One is a standard duplex wall receptacle and the other on is a single wall receptacle wired to the inverter. You can plug the microwave power cord into either. I have the DirectV stuff plugged into the inverter receptacle and the microwave into the duplex receptacle. The big Whirlpool microwave draws 13 amps so it won't work on a 15 amp inverter pass through is anything else is on.
the microwave is plugged in to the single receptable..the LR TV is also in a single one but neither ones work via the inverter.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:42 PM   #9

THOR #6007
Thanks....please advise as you know more. At this point what do you know is connected to the inverter? I am told sometimes stock inverters at least power a couple of interior plugs for low watt use (e.g. Recharging a cellphone or laptop)...the outdoor fridge (electric) I sure hooe is on the inverter..thanks
Old 05-28-2017, 07:46 PM   #10

THOR #1291
i know the outlet in the front by passenger seat is hooked to inverter. i am hoping the outside fridge is too.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:47 PM   #11

THOR #1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1912 View Post
Thanks....please advise as you know more. At this point what do you know is connected to the inverter? I am told sometimes stock inverters at least power a couple of interior plugs for low watt use (e.g. Recharging a cellphone or laptop)...the outdoor fridge (electric) I sure hooe is on the inverter..thanks
i know the outlet in the front by passenger seat is hooked to inverter. i am hoping the outside fridge is too.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:50 PM   #12

THOR #6007
My hunch is one outlet near the bed might be hooked up to the inverter too...both I suspect to support mobile device charging...
Old 08-16-2017, 03:33 AM   #13

THOR #8802
Hate to break the news, the outdoor kitchen fridge is not on the inverter or is it propane. Generator and shore power only. We had the dealer remove the outdoor fridge on our brand new ACE 30.3.... No since driving around spoiling the food back there....
Old 08-16-2017, 04:02 AM   #14

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Hammer View Post
Hate to break the news, the outdoor kitchen fridge is not on the inverter or is it propane. Generator and shore power only. We had the dealer remove the outdoor fridge on our brand new ACE 30.3.... No since driving around spoiling the food back there....
according to the wiring diagram that someone posted not too long ago, the outside fridge is supposed to be on the inverter. That sounds like a wiring mistake.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:07 PM   #15

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
You need to call Thor, give them your VIN, and they will give you the best version of a wiring diagram to match your coach. I don't think it is inconceivable that even mid year changes could result in differences.

The micro on the inverter does not sound too common. All of my TVs, blueray, both refrigerators, and the dash outlet, are on the inverter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	6375   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture4.JPG
Views:	1440
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	6376  

Old 08-16-2017, 02:48 PM   #16

Model: Windsport 31S
THOR #4443
Just got the Windsport back from dealer for some warranty repairs. My living room TV did not work on the inverter but the 2 other TV's and microwave did. I asked them to fix this. They said it took them 5 hours and many calls to Thor for assistance. When I got it back the TV was working but now the microwave does not. They said this was according to Thor because the microwave draws too much current. Things could be worse so I'm not upset, just have to plug in or use generator to heat up my White Castle burgers.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:17 PM   #17

State: Arizona
THOR #7430
My cab TV only works with Shore power or generator but the bedroom TV isn't hooked up at all. I have to buy a stand-alone antenna for it. Have to also use your power for Outlets.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:06 PM   #18

State: Mississippi
THOR #8822
We just bought a 2018 Ace 30.3 and found out at PDI that the only things connected to the inverter are the outdoor fridge and the bedside outlet on the rear side of the bed. Nothing else.

I want to wire in the TVs and the front desk plug. The front TV would be nice while traveling so the kiddo has something to watch and I work remotely so, if we're boondocking, it would be nice to be able to charge my laptop.

The salesman said "it's all wired into it", of course... but the PDI guy found out otherwise.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:40 PM   #19

State: Washington
THOR #10330
Thanks for the info
Old 05-09-2018, 12:50 AM   #20

Model: Kodiak 19FL
THOR #11576
Seems to me we have 3 different configs on 3 separate 2018 30.3s, which is disconcerting at best. Correct me if i'm wrong on the below.

OP - passenger workstation & "hopefully the outdoor fridge"
GKURTS - Outdoor fridge and bedside outlet
Thor Hammer - Unknown, but NOT Outdoor fridge

The DW and I are really looking hard at the ACE 30.3, but am a bit concerned about what to expect on the inverter outlets. At a minimum, I would expect:

- Outdoor fridge
- Passenger Workstation

In addition to the above, I would like:
- Cab & Outdoor TV (Have heard that there's an ignition interlock that prevents the Cab TV from working when the coach is running)
- Bedside outlet

Anyone know for sure what is intended in 2018 ACE 30.3 or have a way to find out from Thor definitively what is supposed to be?

Thanks,
Mike